Daimler AG

Daimler AG Employee Reviews

Loved the company culture back then. We had plenty of fun company events such as team building events & sleep away year end events. Canteen menu was varied and subsidised Although environment was fast paced it was fun and informative. Learning experience was great.Everyone was treated as equally by management. Yearly company events were held where we were allowed to bring our spouses and kids under the age of 13 years old. Not a dull day working at DC finance!
Pros
Cost effective lunches, great benefits
Cons
Not much opportunity for career advancement back then
I'm Thunyiwe mfiki I staying at Rustenburg but my biological home in eastern cape mooiplas.I'm willing to get the job at deimla to help this people.I am a good person and I will treat those customers nicely.
I have been thrown into a deep end and worked for 2 years without a direct manager and that helped me to learn a lot by myself within a short period of time. I also enrolled for a Diploma in Fleet management because of the type of work I was doing and the company paid for my studies.
Pros
Company paid for my studies
Cons
Posts where advertised and seized but later you see a new person appointed to that position
As this was a contract job and I was mostly on the road, it difficult to give my opinion on some of the aspects. It seems like a great company to work for. The hardest part of my job was when I had to catch a flight to another part of South Africa to drive a truck or bus back the same day and the vehicle was not ready and I had to stay for days waiting for the vehicle.
i have learned to become a self starter and hard working person, these are some of the traits and ethos/ethics i picked up since working with Daimler (Mercedes-Benz South Africa)
Day to day activities included [but not limited to] full fleet management spectrum, including liaising with other regions and reporting to senor management. Keeping abreast with new processes and policies and managing customers through stringent SLA's. Management was transparent and objectives were filtered through the workflow timeously. The culture of Daimler was that of camaraderie and togetherness. Managing people, has it's challenges as each person has their own personality, but nothing that could not be overcome. Walking into the office knowing that you will achieve your goals and outcomes.
Pros
Car benefits
Cons
can't think of anything at the moment
This is a world class company that strives for perfection and satisfaction in dealing with clients/customers on high volume of professionalism and elegance at it's best. Working for this team is the best experience on how should conduct themselves in a corporate world.
Pros
Many rewards for hadwork
Cons
Odd hours
* Productive * To interact with different cultural diversity. * Easy to communicate with management. * Work well and help each other when needed. * Standing the whole time of my shift. * Working as a team.
In the workplace we were like a family. Management always listened to the employees and as a result u always felt at ease at work, and protected.It is a big company and some people u dont know but the employer looked out for all their employees.
Pros
There was always a gap to grow
Cons
Long hours when targets were not reached
being at work is joy because I get chance to learn different behaviours from customers and get to learn level of my temper and also can experience a team spirit during different scenarios
Pros
suport from the management when in trouble
Cons
preasure+dead lines
day at work is educational path as you learn different attitudes and moots from different customer and get to know yourself better, it has a great team and supportive management
Pros
good team to work with
Cons
job security, less stable
Nice working environment whereby you get to understand and experiment the different stages a car has to get to in order to get it into a workable condition.
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
I can only say that I am enjoying my job, and my colleagues are also trying their best. The hardest part of the job is when I do not have neccessary resources to deliver to a client, at times a client thinks you are not telling the truth.
Pros
car allowance, petrol allowance, cellphone allowance, flexible hours
Cons
long hours at times