DBSA

DBSA Employee Reviews

South Africa13 reviews
3,0
great working environment and great place to gain knowledge and experience. it. was an internship, therefore i got to be exposed to the core of the business
1,0
I have leant a lot about human capital and all organisational structure involved in hr.Also learnt how to work with records employees and being discreet dealing with employees
3,0
A very professional work place that offers good opportunities for personal development.Gives direction in career advancement. Fairly rewards application of knowledge.
4,0
Used to be a home from home. Nurturing, empowering, kind employer who believes in developing employees. diversity was the order of the day where people could relate and work together across the colour line without feeling intimidated.
Pros
Excellent company benefits. not a bad payer in terms of renumeration
Cons
restructuring changed the culture
3,0
The typical day at work was the first time I go work. I didn't know anyone and they were so happy and friendly, the exciting part was when they give us the group and the side that we were going to work to.
I learned that even if you are black or white you have to treat each other the same or equal. To listen and to lead by example to your fellow workers.

My co-workers were so supportive and very hard working as I am, we were not judgemental and some time we help the foreman with the paper sheet.

The hardest part was when I go and be deployed KZN. The hardest part was the language I didn't know isiZulu but they help me to learn to talk isiZulu.

The enjoyable part was when we go to the closing party, there we meet all management and top officials. There they we learn how to budget and to manage our needs or wants so that we can live a good live.
Pros
At school
Cons
Over time, yes.
3,0
Not very secure position - currently on contract.

New Division, not very structured or organized.
Pros
Cons
Contract Position
3,0
- Government owed organization with a growing private sector culture owing to several internal developments.
- Great exposure to international markets especially to SADC countries in Africa.

- Excellent opportunities to further education and healthy budgets to support learning & development.

- Too much bureaucracy and hierarchy in trying to close deals and having to get buy-in from non-relevant stakeholders in the organization.

- Too little support from senior management in wanting to get new deals/projects approved efficiently.
5,0
I have worked at DBSA for the past almost 5 years and I have grown and given chances to learn more outside my workstream. The co-workers have also contributed in my career as I am in the team where I im the youngest of them all and have never have a prblem with transferring the skills due to the respect I gave them.
I enjoy the office space, where if it is time to work everybody is working and we respect each other.
Pros
team lunches outside campus
Cons
working weekends on month ends / year end/s
5,0
* a typical day at work - It is busy from the morning until knocking off.
*What I learned - A lot has been learned from Secretarial, Adminstering and Events organising which kept me busy all the time

* management - Has been changed many times and one has to adjust when new manager arrives in order to have a good working relationship

* my co-workers - It was a pleasant time to work with such helpful people and vise versa. My co-workers are always understanding even though some come and go while you are getting used to them but we still communicate even after wards.

* the hardest part of the job - it happens currently as the bank is in a process of restructuring and possibilities of retrenchements which makes it difficult to focus.

*the most enjoyable part of the job - is when I travelled a lot for conference organising which gave me the opportunity to see Africa as a whole.
Pros
allowances for external visits such as free lunch, daily allowance and travel allowances
Cons
long hours as and when needed
5,0
I have been working under pressure most of my time as a supervisor, and most of the time worked I’ve without any supervision on my side. I have worked within more than 100 people, so handling staff is not a problem at all, with self decipline, self motivation and passionate about my work. I can make sure the staff is in full uniform (PPE), well equipped when it comes to equipment to accomplish the duty.
I am able to order stock on site not to wait for management to help me, and can communicate day to day events electronically or telephonically as well, send emails where necessary, am willing to walk around not just by sitting and managing by just talking, sighing check list to ensure things goes according to the schedule and make sure I do have material data sheets on site in case of emergency I know where to go to and what to do.
Pros
brought own lunch
Cons
from 6am to 3pm
3,0
I'm working with a very good team and management is very supportive
Pros
canteen
Cons
8hours and standby duties once a month
4,0
I experianced flying for the first time through a bussiness flight for DBSA.
Pros
travelling
Cons
contract worker
4,0
Respond to internal requests for informaiton, update database and portal, search for current information.