De Beers logo
De Beers
4,3 out of 5 stars.

De Beers Employee Reviews

4,1Work-Life Balance

Now and again there were activities in a form of team building .

I had a great experience in this company that gave me an opportunity to grow as a person and in the industry it self .the amount of things I achieved through the company I'll forever be greatful ,the level of professionalism and conduct ,following all safety standards at all times made it stand out from the rest .I'm proud to say that I'm a product of De Beers and I am a qualified fitter artisan today.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

The distance from home to the mine

Safety and gud work environment

Everything was excellent, safety comes first in that company.de beers offers us free transport from where we live to work place.They gave high quality PPE, everything was gud there because the treatment was equal between management and employees.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

9 hours

Unprofessionals appointed

De Beers managment very Unprofessional.abusing, insulting contractors verbal abuse them and swearing them. No complaints do get follow up against these human rights abusers.

Pros

Work

Cons

Hr abusing

Productive and fun workplace

A safe, productive environment that allows for growth within the company, a workplace that feels like home with its employees and management treating each other like family.

Productive and fun, interpersonal communication very good

Enjoyable performance and result driven . Start at 07h30- End at 16h30 Monday mornings - current Action meeting and discussion on deliverables for the week Daily interactions with subordinates and Managers Report writing and solutions for all challenges.

Pros

Christmas functions for all.

Cons

Hours worked overtime-

My years at De Beers hold some of my fondest memories. I enjoyed my work. I enjoyed my team. I enjoyed my relationships with colleagues. I wish the c.

I spent about 18 years of my life working for De Beers, and I don't have a single regret about it. I have built relationships that are lasting up to this day. I've worked with excellent people, and teams. Looking back, I realise that the people of De Beers are a true family. I think that the company lives up to the value, "show we care". I believe that the company allowed me to grow tremendously

Was great working with De beers always updated most about safety are lovely

So excited if given a chance to sure my experience,always happy to meet new people to learn new experience I'm looking forward to work with you respectfully

Pros

happy always and people around me we all needs each other

Cons

Don't like anyone southdle at me doesn't matter what wrong done even from the manager, we all make mistakes

The best company ever

The best company ever,and a company that looked well after its employees. Give the best benefits to all its employees, with the best interest their well being

I am team player and productive pearson

i am doing inspection dailly and attending break down .returning job card everyday after inspection .give my line manager feed back about my work.comply with safety and policy rules

De Beers est une compagnie tres discipline et Ordonez

C'est qui m'a beaucoup impressionner a De Beers c'est travailler dans une attitude individual et collective pour me faire un homme dure et capable de tout faire seul ,st j'aime meme sous pression.

Jobs at De Beers

See more jobs

Vibrant culture and relaxed working arrangements

You are allowed to voice and direct your mind to solve problems on different platforms available. The environment is welcoming and people open up when the confidence comes to their fore to help in directing the solutions

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Lay offs for overtime worked

Motivated and happy employees can puss production

I will communicate with my supply and and my customers to findout if the is any challenges the they are facing. Management was very strict about safety.I have learned that training is very important for the employees so that they can puss production safely and on time .house keeping is very important. A clean place is a safe place .Having something of reference is important .wheimportant

Productive, Team Work, Independence, Relaxed, Family orientated, ect

De Beers is a very loyal company. The company lives up to its values. The company provide excellent training for its employees with great salaries, pension and medical aid.

Stressful

Too many unnecessary strategies in place which could result in a lost time incident or even death. Professional engineers and the like should be allowed to perform their duties without being monitored as if they were apprentices.

Highly professional

Started off by getting to know the people very well.ive learned a lot...of how to paint and how to grind....and when I heard I will be working at the dock...i was so excited but the hardest part is when you go on sort time.....but the excited part is when the next ship comes in and there is work.

Interesting work

Enjoyed the opportunity to learn about the mining industry but specifically what is done in the marine mining process. It was great to be able to work closely with these individuals, they are very passionate about what they do.

Productivie

Challenging but not stressful. Safe and some level of job security. Inclusive culture of diverse group of people working in synergy and efficiently. Efficient management systems were put in place

Prosper

It was a please nt place to work there was teamwork and momentum.. We as colleagues grow as family we stand as one with management.. De beers was a friendly zone and we all loved each other as brother and susters.. I wouldn't mind to work for the company again. They put our safety first. We practice it at work and take it home that was a standard. But Ja all good things come to a end. I really enjoy my work place cause they give us opportunities to do courses and lean much more in the mining industry.

Pros

Own lunch

Cons

12 hours

Excellent company to work for

Equal opportunity company with high standard of corporate governance. If you work hard and perform well you will be rewarded. Very good benefits are offered with a great corporate environment to work in.

De Beers is one company you can join and work for it. I am even thinking of getting a job again.

Moving from mussina to gauteng region was really difficult for me but to change of environment. It was challenging at first but so far I thank those who adviced me to come. De Beers is a nice company and even thinking of going back.

Great

This is a company that u want to work for. Well diversity and lots of training opportunities. This company is not about the numbers but rather about the communion. Will work for a company like this any day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at De Beers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,3