De Beers
4,2 out of 5 stars.

De Beers Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape21 reviews

4,1Work-Life Balance

I believe that production is the main goal of our business

The working hours are ok, and especially for project.The safety system at De Beers have to be improved The security system is ok, but some areas needs some improvement De Beers has a great culture and it is possible and easy to improve the systems

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Lots of opportunity to travel and get exposure to other operations withing the Group.

De Beers reward those that work hard and produce results. Innovation is encourage and new ideas/opportunities are exploited. the hardest part was working away from home and the family as you miss out on birthdays etc. However you so get time off for time spend away from home

Pros

They book you into the best hotels

Cons

Being away from home

Unprofessionals appointed

De Beers managment very Unprofessional.abusing, insulting contractors verbal abuse them and swearing them. No complaints do get follow up against these human rights abusers.

Pros

Work

Cons

Hr abusing

Was great working with De beers always updated most about safety are lovely

So excited if given a chance to sure my experience,always happy to meet new people to learn new experience I'm looking forward to work with you respectfully

Pros

happy always and people around me we all needs each other

Cons

Don't like anyone southdle at me doesn't matter what wrong done even from the manager, we all make mistakes

De Beers est une compagnie tres discipline et Ordonez

C'est qui m'a beaucoup impressionner a De Beers c'est travailler dans une attitude individual et collective pour me faire un homme dure et capable de tout faire seul ,st j'aime meme sous pression.

Stressful

Too many unnecessary strategies in place which could result in a lost time incident or even death. Professional engineers and the like should be allowed to perform their duties without being monitored as if they were apprentices.

Highly professional

Started off by getting to know the people very well.ive learned a lot...of how to paint and how to grind....and when I heard I will be working at the dock...i was so excited but the hardest part is when you go on sort time.....but the excited part is when the next ship comes in and there is work.

Excellent company to work for

Equal opportunity company with high standard of corporate governance. If you work hard and perform well you will be rewarded. Very good benefits are offered with a great corporate environment to work in.

Stressful and time consuming job.

Very good company if it is for financial purposes. However family life takes a major setback. Your year is based on 220 to 300 days work non stop, Saturdays and Sundays... Very challenging

Pros

Salary and Benefits

Cons

Is a reproductive and fun place with a good team of workers regardless of departments

I was responsible for providing PPE for workers and operators,and I responsible for consulting with the safety inspector about damaged or lost PPE and more

Energetic to work here

I was always hyped up when i worked here, the colleagues i was surrounded by and my management always made it fun to come to work on a daily basis. Always got my work done on time and helped others whenever they needed assistance.

Pros

Fun Environment

Cons

Paint Smells can get a bit bad

Work under pressure- Project related

Balancing compliance with project demands by ensuring that the projects adhere to the project schedule timelines all the time to avoid the knock on effect on other governance matters. Ensuring cost savings for the company are achieved.

Transfomation from varsity to working culture

This is where i transformed from a student to a working life being able to manage people and decide on the plan of action. I worked myself from trainee to a S.Tech responsible for all aspects of maintenance and plant upkeep.

Fantastic comaraderie

Offshore work is always, by definition, hard work. It requires long hours with little sleep, an ability to problem-solve with very little support, and the foresight to make sure that you always have what you need, when you need it, right at the workplace while still maintaining a strict budget in very little storage space. I have been fortunate throughout my career to have worked only with wonderful people, hard-working and fun-loving.

Pros

Good food, good company

Cons

Long hours far from family

workplace

i did really enjoy working there because they payed much money i even afford somethings that i did at first i worked long hours there 7 to 7 Monday to Sunday and the problem was that the was not an single off that you get when working there.

Pros

buy lunch for your self

Highly productive workplace

Highly efficient and talented people (colleagues and management). the projects are always executed on stretch targets and within budget and therefore meeting deadlines is key. There is high sense of professionalism, responsibility and accountability which creates a culture of self-drive.

Pros

Performance Bonuses, Flexible Office Hours

Working with rewards

Work place with supportive team players. Management with open door policy. Policies and procedures were always practiced by all levels. Working hard with great rewards. Professional supportive team members, always driven to aim high.

Pros

Gym.Ethic professional team. Team building. Social

Cons

12 hour during Inport (could take up to 75 days)

pleasant working enviroment and culture

Start new project, attend meeting gather information start developing ideas into layout drawings. review designs, improve for cost safety and efficency

Productive workplace

Very intellegent crew and management. Very professional work environment and company. I learnt work ethics that will last me a lifetime.

Pros

long month shore-leave

Diverse

Most of the work took place from a container site at the Cape Town harbor. Because i have never done any sort of construction work this was a real new environment for me. There were contractors and the days started very early n the morning. I was hired as a temp in port administrator as the company had purchased a new vessel which had to be modified to meet the company requirements. the management and most of the staff were marine engineers with whom it was a great pleasure to work with. As serious as their work was, hey were never in short supply of jovial attitudes. the hardest part of my job was adapting to the poor facilities i was to make do with in the container offices but this was a small hurdle to overcome. The most enjoyable part was being part of the morning meetings where the engineers would plan, discuss and problem solve the fitting and fixing of the new vessel.

Hard work but loved everything about my job

I worked 28days on sea and 28 day I was at home. So my work place was my home away from home. Every day I leant new things. My manager was great to work with and I had a awesome team.

Cons

we worked shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at De Beers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance