De Beers

De Beers Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Johannesburg, Gauteng14 reviews

4,1Work-Life Balance

Productive workspace

Matrix organisation, good leadership, culture of high integrity, output focussed, learning orientated culture, supportive management, great benefits et al....

It's good place

De Beers is nice place, you get free lunches and most managers are understanding if you have to go out for personal matters such as Doctors app, or attending to a sick child at school. Remuneration and benefits is good.Downside, career progression can become stagnant

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Career progression

Fast paced, exciting environment. But difficult to change roles.

A great company and culture. Exciting work but difficult to change roles.Benefits are great.Work-life balance is great.Management is great.Great bonuses.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Stagnant career

Was an amazing company that I was exposed to

It was always a pleasure going into the offices with staff been pleasant and helpful at all time (I was a temp at the time), always accommodating and willing to assist with problem solving work-related issues.

Pros

We were given an expense card weekly to utilize at the on-site canteen

Cons

Very obliging with hours

You would be proud to work at De Beers

De Beers is a fantastic company to work for. It take CSR seriously and safety, the environment and the well being of all its employees are paramount. De Beers has very diversified work force

Productive and professional workplace

I loved working at De Beers and at Anglo Group. They had strict rules that we had to adhere to. They were very professional. I appreciated that workplace culture.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Lots of meetings :-)

Conducive working environment with opportunity to learn and grow

Great company to work for with highest level of professionalism and potential for growth depending on your filed an opportunities available. It has a wider scope for someone to learn and grow given the company's foot print in Africa and abroad. The company has a very strong and reputable brand which is a resemblance of the culture and values it lives up to.

Pros

lots of benefits, bonuses, meal alllowances, etx

Cons

Highly regulated commodity with more resposibilities due to broader scope

High intensity workplace with great management

Management involved and committed. Culture of progressive improvement. Forward thinking. Competitive. Focus on business improvement. Passionate about employees.

Pros

Good Medical Aid. Lunch served daily.

Cons

High pressure environment. Mines located far from town - high level of travel required.

Top quality Company

International leaders in many fields, Excellent and highly qualified staff. World Class Company policies ans staff benefits. I enjoyed the many challenges in controlling multiple projects and reporting on many different levels such as for: Process Champions Project Managers/Leaders Product Managers Production Units Program Leaders Commercial applications of technology

Pros

Benefits, International exposure

Secure work environment

Good working environment, great culture. Having worked in different departments I learnt a lot about the organisation and got to learn from different people as well. I enjoyed working for such a huge diverse organisation with great collegues.

Pros

Free gym and free meals

Cons

Male dominated

Organised

De Beers was very organised and well ethical company with solid work environment. Good teams work and highly skilled team as it was research laboratories.

Pros

Knowledge was in abudance

Cons

Economic meltdown affected employees from being retained.

Productive Work Enviroment

De Beers takes care of its talent. They invest a lot in developing and training their talent. Love them for it! De Beers took care of their brand - plus who wouldnt want to work for a company who made a girls best friend..right ?

Poor environment for young forward thinkers

Poorly skilled management that are old school and believe they are the boss and you listen to them. Little scope for lateral thinkers.

labour work

I am committed to work from Monday to Saturday and now i am doing Bachelor of Education for first level at University of Limpopo,Turfloop Campus.That is why i prefer to work as part time labour.My mission is to achieve any engineering qualification before the year 2018.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at De Beers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance