De Beers

De Beers Employee Reviews in Kimberley, Northern Cape

Kimberley, Northern Cape16 reviews

4,1Work-Life Balance

Good company

The company is overall good and provides good training and opportunities in the company to succeed and do well in personal growth in all aspects of the career

Pros

salary, training

Cons

Others not willing to assist

Productive and fun, interpersonal communication very good

Enjoyable performance and result driven . Start at 07h30- End at 16h30 Monday mornings - current Action meeting and discussion on deliverables for the week Daily interactions with subordinates and Managers Report writing and solutions for all challenges.

Pros

Christmas functions for all.

Cons

Hours worked overtime-

The best company ever

The best company ever,and a company that looked well after its employees. Give the best benefits to all its employees, with the best interest their well being

Productive and fun

A great place to enhance your career as boiler maker in the mining industry. Although it wasn't permanent it gave me an opportunity to work above and underground in the Diamond mining sector.

Pros

Training

Cons

Dust and unhealthy situations

Productive and fun work place

This is more of productive place,there is great team work and the salary at the time was satisfactory Management is also behind the staff and is of one of the best company.

World Class Company

Safety come first. To ensure that you and your colleagues work safe. I obtain 15 years experience in Supply Chain environment at De Beers. The company always assist you to improving yourself and uplift you, to be able to achieve your goals. Excellent management. There was no hardest part of your job, management assist where you fall short. The most enjoyable part of my job was work satisfaction and appreciation for management and ens-users for the hard work and effort that you put into your daily job.

Pros

Bonuses paid

Productive workplace

A market leader in the mining industry,De Beers is an absolute top class company to work for. Management has the highest integrity and the company develop the full potential of its employees.

Pros

Free lunches

World class Company

* Day Work * Good exposure * Big Company * Good medical Benefits

Very productive and safety conscious company

Issue DWS, ensure that all work planned are scheduled, printed and handed out to the various disciplines. Assign spares to planned work, create service entries for invoices issued by external service providers. Assign works request by the operation personel to the relevant discipline. Management is always willing to assist when faced with challenging opportunities. Co workers can be head strong at times, but will alwys be of assistance. To ensure that supervisors adhere to maintenance schedule, and ensure that planned work is done timeously.

Pros

The safety of the human gem is more valuable than the end product itself

Cons

Life of mine is 2018

very good working conditions

very nice people' work is work and play is play management good to all people co workers nice very good working underground experience

Pros

vouchers, good pay

Cons

only contract based

Assistant Editor and organiser.

I've enjoyed my stay with De Beers and the exposure that I got through my employment with them cannot be valued at all. The opportunities that I had in dealing with various school projects, providing relevant information to the public regarding the mining industry in general as well as specialised diamond mining was a huge but satisfying learning curve.

Pros

Lots of exposures.

Cons

Ungrateful members of management - even though only a few of them.

Was fun enjoy myself

They are very well establish in management Looking well after their employees Giving out good benefits to all workers Good communication both on low & higher level of employees

Pros

Fridays its braai

Cons

Good houirs

Productive, and enjoyable work place

A well planned day ahead provides one with a peace of mind and also allows one to cater for jobs that might crop up during the day that were not expected. I have learned that listening, taking orders and planning and scheduling of jobs is vital, it lets one go back and review ones job for the day.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Standby

Highly Productive.

Typical day start with a 10 min safety talk. Then starting your purchasing day by withdraw a ME5A reports. Check all the priority 01 and prioritize p/r’s. Obtain necessary quotations as per company policy. Place order as per company policy. Enforce tender process if applicable. Expediting outstanding orders daily. Attend briefing meetings once a month. Attend MBA meetings once a week. Attend SLA meetings once a month.

Pros

Yearly Production Bonus

Cons

The operational life time off the Kimberley Mine

An active and busy environment

A typical day at work for me is normally a long day in terms of productivity and energy required for productivity, both physical and mentally. I learned a lot of things like being able to work as a team member, being able to ensure that a duty is being carried out successfully and I also learned about safety at the workplace. The management at De Beers is up to standard, they perform their leadership duties very well. The most challenging part of the job for me was finding my way around the plant in terms of spotting the different damaged camera destinations. The most enjoyable part was to apply my electronics theoretical knowledge and get the job done successfully.

De Beers is a great company to work for.

De Beers is a great company to work for. The company will alway be the leading company in the diamond mining environment. Being with the company it was and still is a company with great values and vision. The working environment is world class due to the years of being the world leader in diamond mining.

Pros

de beers is paying it's people a very good salary and working condition as far as safety is concern, the highest standards are the only standards excepted

Cons

the only con is the life span of mines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at De Beers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
4,1 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,8 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,9 out of 5 stars for Management
4,1 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • De Beers
  • Kimberley, Northern Cape
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?