De Beers
4,2 out of 5 stars.

De Beers Employee Reviews in Kroonstad, Free State

Kroonstad, Free State22 reviews

4,1Work-Life Balance

Safety and gud work environment

Everything was excellent, safety comes first in that company.de beers offers us free transport from where we live to work place.They gave high quality PPE, everything was gud there because the treatment was equal between management and employees.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

9 hours

Productive and fun workplace

A safe, productive environment that allows for growth within the company, a workplace that feels like home with its employees and management treating each other like family.

Motivated and happy employees can puss production

I will communicate with my supply and and my customers to findout if the is any challenges the they are facing. Management was very strict about safety.I have learned that training is very important for the employees so that they can puss production safely and on time .house keeping is very important. A clean place is a safe place .Having something of reference is important .wheimportant

Productivie

Challenging but not stressful. Safe and some level of job security. Inclusive culture of diverse group of people working in synergy and efficiently. Efficient management systems were put in place

Prosper

It was a please nt place to work there was teamwork and momentum.. We as colleagues grow as family we stand as one with management.. De beers was a friendly zone and we all loved each other as brother and susters.. I wouldn't mind to work for the company again. They put our safety first. We practice it at work and take it home that was a standard. But Ja all good things come to a end. I really enjoy my work place cause they give us opportunities to do courses and lean much more in the mining industry.

Pros

Own lunch

Cons

12 hours

Great

This is a company that u want to work for. Well diversity and lots of training opportunities. This company is not about the numbers but rather about the communion. Will work for a company like this any day

Great company to wok for

great company to to work for if you are a hard worker and serious about your work. The company is committed to the development of its employees. As an employee you get to do at least 3 skills development courses per year. I really enjoyed my time while I worked there.

Pros

Skills development

Cons

was very exciting to work fer de beers

Day at work will start with small meeting where we discuss the previous day's work and safety moment.i have learned alot at tde beers, technical awareness ,leadership and job management of which is maily been part of the team.management was always putting safty firest before everytheing as safety was their culture.hard part of the job was always under pressure to perform and the enjoyable was that after atchieving your job needs you will always be rewarded.

Pros

Transformation and training for previously disadvantaged was taken seriously

Cons

Have to be above the rader at all times.

diversified workplace with amazing employees

Loading and haul with an HDV rigid truck from the pit to the crusher area.Drilling hole that would be blasted.Safety is a value,something a person can never cheat or if you do cheat on results in injuries or damege to property.Management were excellent leader who led by example.Diversified culture and willing to put safety first before product targets.Haul on the truck during night shifts was the hardest but the enjoyable part was the up building conversation from other colleques on the radio.

Pros

quartely bonuses

Cons

long working hours

Productive company

Safety orientated company Employee development is a priority Healthy employees is a priority Skill and knowledge is essential Self driven employee open minded employee

Pros

Development for employees is a key

Cons

12hrs shift

Excellent company

It’s an excellent company to work for with a deep seated culture of safety. This spread through to their care for employee health, the environment and community in which they operate. They are also annoyingly obsessed with security.

Great work place.

Great environment to work in. Opportunities for learning are significant. Always something new to experience and fun loving people culture on the mines.

Working hard everyday, Safety is our number one priority.

Work smart and be sure you work safely on everything you do . We ensure that even though the work load but zero harm is achievable, De Beers has five years of Fatality free. It is a good experience by been part of Anglo American at De Beers Voorspoed.

the environment is accommodative n friendly.

I have learned a lot about safety, my safety and safety of others as is our priority. another thing is quarterly bonuses we get and the courses we do as I have Competed A . The management is friendly for us .

Pros

we bring our own lunch

Cons

we work 12 hours shifts 4 days in and 4 days off .

Family Company

I enjoy my job very much. Next year I will have 25 years service with the company and I am proud to be part of this family of companies. I have a lot of interaction with management and co-workers and are a good team player. The best part of my job is that I have a big variety of duties and do not get board for doing the same thing over every month. The hardest part is to meet deadlines specially when you depend on other people. I have learned to take responsibility for my own duties and to assist if need be to reach deadlines. I have also learned to have balance between my work and personal life and to ensure to always be professional.

Pros

Bus service for travelling

Cons

30 kilometers out of town

Productive. Excellent team work.

My daily jobs depends on different stakeholders request. The stakeholders includes mining, engineering, plant, and different contractors. The management here is very good. They interact very well with the employees. I have the best collegues in the world. We're a very small team of 6 so we're like one small family. A satified customer makes me enjoy my job the most.

best mine

The mine i work for is very good in taking care of its workers. we have best record in safety, cause we work safe at all times. we treat each other with respect at work.

Financially driven - stay in front - finish daily task - Rush Rush

Taking breaks was a novelty. The most work is done by the least number but committed and reliable contracting workers. Management was always on top of progress and ready to guide. Coworkers were very productive especially in new challenging environment. Getting the corrected paperwork to the team in time. Returning the signed documents to the files and scanning those into the system creating a green flag on the monitor

Pros

Stable and connecting team held in position by a capable Site Manager

Cons

Distance of travel each day

Productive and Team working

My typical day at work was when there was medical and physical test. I learn to always remain calm and respond to pressure with an open mind. My management was very surpportive and always willing to help with any challenge experienced at work or personally. My co-workers were team working members and were able to put an idea in action. The hardest part of the job was when it is time to let the applicants that thier interviews didn't go well or they failled thier physical or medical test. The most enjoyable part of the job was when is time for orientation of new workers and thier induction.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Minimum Hours

Operator in mining,operating earth moving machines

a typical day at work : Before the start of shift we have a meeting were we discuss the previous days performance , them we go on to discuss how the shift will be run also how daily targets will be met, including machine allocation.what I learned: problem solving skills,self started, i am able to pick up problems and fix early, I am a team player, im able to work in a team and lead the team, I am also good at communicating and giving feedback on production. i am eager to learn.Mangement: I have been appointed as a team leader severall times in my shift. I had a good relationship with managementMy co-workers: they were supportive when I lead the shift, i had a good interaction with my co-workers and we worked and pulled together. we also attended team building sessions in order to motivate and boost our moralThe hardest part of the job: having to work while it was raining because it was too slippery for the machines and that leads to loss in production. the solution would be grade the road and tip load of basalt to avoid the trucks from slipping. sometime we would work with people who were not corporative and that would slow the team downthe most enjoyable thing: the most enjoyable part of the job was the development courses I use to attend and training to better develop my job skills. working with different and new people.

Pros

if you were good at what you do, management word give you a chance

Cons

communitation channels were very slow

team workers

was nice working there , I wish I was still workingat same company

Pros

company offering traings

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at De Beers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance