De Beers

De Beers Employee Reviews for Operator

Operator5 reviews
South Africa5 reviews

4,1Work-Life Balance

Safety and gud work environment

Everything was excellent, safety comes first in that company.de beers offers us free transport from where we live to work place.They gave high quality PPE, everything was gud there because the treatment was equal between management and employees.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

9 hours

Prosper

It was a please nt place to work there was teamwork and momentum.. We as colleagues grow as family we stand as one with management.. De beers was a friendly zone and we all loved each other as brother and susters.. I wouldn't mind to work for the company again. They put our safety first. We practice it at work and take it home that was a standard. But Ja all good things come to a end. I really enjoy my work place cause they give us opportunities to do courses and lean much more in the mining industry.

Pros

Own lunch

Cons

12 hours

the environment is accommodative n friendly.

I have learned a lot about safety, my safety and safety of others as is our priority. another thing is quarterly bonuses we get and the courses we do as I have Competed A . The management is friendly for us .

Pros

we bring our own lunch

Cons

we work 12 hours shifts 4 days in and 4 days off .

Operator in mining,operating earth moving machines

a typical day at work : Before the start of shift we have a meeting were we discuss the previous days performance , them we go on to discuss how the shift will be run also how daily targets will be met, including machine allocation.what I learned: problem solving skills,self started, i am able to pick up problems and fix early, I am a team player, im able to work in a team and lead the team, I am also good at communicating and giving feedback on production. i am eager to learn.Mangement: I have been appointed as a team leader severall times in my shift. I had a good relationship with managementMy co-workers: they were supportive when I lead the shift, i had a good interaction with my co-workers and we worked and pulled together. we also attended team building sessions in order to motivate and boost our moralThe hardest part of the job: having to work while it was raining because it was too slippery for the machines and that leads to loss in production. the solution would be grade the road and tip load of basalt to avoid the trucks from slipping. sometime we would work with people who were not corporative and that would slow the team downthe most enjoyable thing: the most enjoyable part of the job was the development courses I use to attend and training to better develop my job skills. working with different and new people.

Pros

if you were good at what you do, management word give you a chance

Cons

communitation channels were very slow

productive workplace

is the day we had a lot absenteesim, most team did not make it to due to a heavy rain we experinced,there was a lot of work to be done, we have to reach our daily target with few twam members in our shift. my colleagues are the best team to rely on when times are tough, through commitment and dedication we made the call of 65000 tons.the hardest part of it we had to minimise the time between our breaks,most enjoyable part was that you work on your own.

Cons

long hours in a machine without a releaver

Ask a question about working or interviewing at De Beers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
4,1 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,8 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,9 out of 5 stars for Management
4,1 out of 5 stars for Culture

De Beers Reviews by Location

• De Beers
  • Operator
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?