Deloitte

Deloitte Employee Reviews

South Africa268 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Found 268 reviews matching the searchSee all 11 060 reviews

Mixture of good and bad work wise

Great place to learn and grow. Terrible salary for the amount of work expected. Management is usually helpful. Exposure to different industries and projects.

Pros

Great place to learn

Cons

Long hours and bad to average pay

Great Place to Work

Loved my time in the business. Quality oozes from every service area.Despite being a large firm, there's a great sense of being colleagues. Regular connect sessions, town halls and Friday after work drinks.

Pros

Great IT infrastructure, facilities and clients

Cons

Inter departmental cooperation was poor. Partners focus is business development a lot of the time

Productive and a bit fun

It was fun and I experienced a lot but wanted to stay a bit longer, just that my contract expired but I wish to go back and work there. First time they neglected us until we called a manager and told her that we need to work because our contract was going to expire soon and it was going to expire before we know the job, before getting experience but she did a great job because she separated us to all departments and we worked since from that day

Every ounce of value extracted from employees

This company is fast-paced and results orientated. However, it churns through their employees and management do not address systemic issues of burnout and fatigue.Their is no support for employees and I felt isolated in a WFH environment.

Pros

Nice offices, travel claims

Cons

Long hours, poor planning of work, no employee entertainment benefits

Short staffed nightmare

The unit is short staffed and you’ll be worked to the bone with no appreciation. No work life balance, very low pay compared to the market. Your mental health will be challenged

Productive and fun place to work

Great organisation to work for, highly professional. Great managers and team members. I was client based but had weekly meetings with my manager about anything positive and negative.

Productive and easy to work for

Best company to work for.The managers are helpful and willing to coach you.the leadership is easy to approach.The IT help desk is very quick to respond

Pros

Job security

Fun and accommodating

The experience was good, I got to learn and grow as an individual. I got to meet new people and gain new skills and development. The environment was good and accommodating as well as the culture.

Great place for experience and collaborative culture.Work like balance is good if you have a good manager.Great global network and friendly colleagues.

Competitive

It is a good place to work in. You learn everyday as each day brings about its own challenges. The environment develops you professionally and personally. I loved working there and would definitely recommend to anyone willing to go beyond their comfort zone.

Great company to learn

Opportunities are too many to count. However, you must be prepared to work hard and be able to thrive in a fast paced environment. The hours are project and deadline driven. Some days are worse than others but overall a great learning experience. Good company to work for.

Pros

Great learning opportunity

Stressful work environment.

This is a very stressful workplace, could be worth it to start your career here but only spend 1 year and nothing more to protect your mental health. Permanent employees are forced on a terrible medical aid that they do not even subsidize, full contribution will be deducted from your already tiny salary.

Pros

Hybrid, still embraces working from home.

Cons

Expected to work very long hours with inconsiderate deadlines. Very little salary, not market competitive and not even on par with other Big 4.

Deloitte is a great company to work with and there is a lot of opportunities for career growth.

At Deloitte I have gained great experience indeed. The firm developed me to extent where I believe that there's nothing I can not do in this world....

Competitive. Long hours. Great place to start your career

Deloitte is a good place to start your career. The hours spent are long, the organization is big and the brand is well respected. People tend to leave after 5 or 6 years into corporate for a slower pace and more pay

Pros

Great learning. Respected brand.

Cons

Long hours. Pay could be better

Fun and productive workplace and opportunities for advancement.

Fun and productive workplace and opportunities for advancement. Good leadership and good benefits however the actual aalary is not satisfactory. Its good for your resume.

Pros

Staff parties Coffee Advancement opportunities Good leadership

Cons

Not much advancement if you dont have an accounting background

Nice company to work/ salary not so great depending on business unit

Work experience and salary will differ depending on the business units, Good management that care about the staff. Work load can be a lot with low salary.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Salary

Good workplace

Long hours but good exposure to industries. Salary below market.Good corporate and inclusive culture. A company attempting to embrace hybrid working and flexible working.

Collaborative environment

Great career growth opportunities. Having the name Deloitte on your CV will open many doors in the future. Exposure to different clients and industries is also great for learning

Pros

Great team members, great work events, guaranteed career growth

Cons

Long hours, low pay relative to other Big 4 firms

Extreme hours, little pay, good growth

Bad work culture, very long hours, very little pay (not market competitive at all) however the growth is excellent i've learnt a lot in a very short space of time, I've tapped into many industries and lots of exposure to clients from around the world.

Pros

Growth

Cons

Low pay, extreme hours, bad work culture

Development opportunities

Pay is not satisfactory but career growth is there, you have to sort of smile your way up because everyone works hard but to advance you need to be known by a lot of people

Pros

Growth opportunities

Cons

Salary too low

You work with different people you have to love all people so you can survive.

At Deloitte I was a temp for 2 years . I was working all the building as are receptionist from 1 to 20 I can say I was a reliver . It was good to work with different people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 11 060 reviews