Deloitte
Information from Deloitte:

Deloitte Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape18 reviews
5,0
Would recommend Deloitte to anyone. A great place to learn, a great place to grow, and to allow yourself to grow personally. More importantly, it will help you grow as an individual.
4,0
On a daily was enjoyable to go to work as I felt utilised and exposed to various tax issues, which were new, considering that it was my first formal employment from varsity.

I felt important as I was treated as the best in VAT contigency reviews and was recognised and awarded for my hard-work. My passion for tax grew whilst working for Deloitte.
5,0
the people you work with are friendly, always willing to help where they can, the audit manager was approachable. within the audit team the teamwork was great we got along really well and they taught me a lot.
5,0
Deloitte is an excellent and reputable firm which opens up doors to a lot of opportunities. The firm is inclusive, diverse and operates at a high output level.
4,0
Very fast paced day at work

I learned a great deal to handle matters of utmost importance with cultures; clients; staff and colleagues alike.

The company had great learning abilities to improve your skill set at work, the workplace culture was excellent.

The hardest part of the job was you had to be professional in all ways

The enjoyable part of the work the company had an excellent cultural community program from directors to staff to participate
Pros
Monthly lunch tokens
Cons
had to be on the companies "professional medical aid" was very expensive for admin staff
4,0
Love working with my team. Over the years we have become like family. I learned what my strength, likes and dislikes are and how to cope under pressure. The culture fit is friendly, work together and assist each other when needed. The hardest part of my job is that due to the CT region is quite small and therefore there is no room for growth in my division. What I enjoy the most of my job is engage with students, building relationship with stakeholders and presenting on campuses.
Pros
Able to work flexible hours
Cons
No room for growth
3,0
I worked at the Cape Town branch and there was a high staff turnover as employees were unhappy and the branch is very understaffed.

The clients provided enough experience and exposure to complete competencies which was appreciated.
3,0
Good place to work for and to develop your career.

Challenging and fast pace environment, working independently and in teams.

Not much transparency with employees and management.
Pros
Free parking and Coffee
5,0
I will work again for Deloitte, within a heartbeat, if an opportunity arises. One needs to be willing to go the extra mile when deployed to Clients as the reputation of Deloitte is regarded in very high esteem. It is good for an Individual's growth within the field as the Directors and Senior Management lead by an exceptionally high standard. Besides, once the Deloitte name brand is reflected on One's Curriculum Vitae, it is obvious that the Individual's attributes are of a very high quality and sought after, within the field.
5,0
I have always enjoyed my day to day tasks and I love working on computers and everyone was always friendly when you walk into the office in the morning and when you go home in the evening. I have learned allot in the 3 months I have worked there and am very great full for getting so much experience at Deloitte. I was only on contract for a short while but the salary was very good for the limited experience I had, but in the end after all my hard work I could say that I deserved every penny.
Pros
Free lunches and the activities we did
Cons
I cant say that there was any cons in my time I was there.
4,0
When I first started working at Deloitte, I was able to learn everything from my team leaders and my other colleagues. Friendly environment, I think that's essential for a productive working life.
Pros
colleagues, trainning
Cons
salary
4,0
Deloitte, as the other so called big four invests quite a lot in its employees by training them and giving them access to all sorts of workshops. As a young professional I benefited a lot from those internal training programs. In addition, compensation is good and there is a clear advancement/promotion path in the company. Work /life balance could be better.
5,0
As I was an audit trainee, I was very much part of the norm.

I enjoyed the environment and to work with lots of people my age, but I would like a more competitive environment where I am able to show my strengths better and work myself up in a company.

The hardest part of the job was being restricted and not being able to apply my mind to increase efficiency - this was very frustrating at times.

I enjoyed every day at Deloitte and since I believe that life is what you make of it and is determined by your mind set. I am however excited on moving on and finding a "real" job out there.
Pros
Very good company, great opportunities
Cons
Shortage of staff
5,0
Being involved in audit, a typical day would be going out to your respective client with your team and working professionally and efficiently in order to get the audit done as soon as possible.

I have learnt that team work is so important if every team member plays their part which does happen in audit. I enjoyed my final year of articles as I had more responsibility and I enjoyed that challenge.

The hardest part of the job was managing different clients at the same time and having to spilt your time across clients became hard but with proper planning this was always under my control. The part I enjoyed most of my articles experience was working with different people on my teams and meeting so many new people and networking with those.
Respectful and professional peers
Always willing to advance and develop their employees

Excellent training facilities

Great exposure to the corporate world
Pros
Excellent environment - very positive
Audited claims for capturing
Emailed clients

Meetings with clients

Did some filing

All in all met some great people whom I wont easily forget:)
Pros
Flexi Hours
5,0
extremely busy but exciting when busy
to face challenges and not being afraid

to manage your work so that there no trouble ahead

treat them with respect and eqauly

trying to make out what our foreign clients are saying

when you have to multitask

5,0
Stunning company - lotsa work and hard work and still great place to be