Deloitte
Information from Deloitte:

Deloitte Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

Durban, KwaZulu-Natal26 reviews
5,0
Time Management is essential at Deloitte, team player skills are required which I excel in. I take calls on a daily basis and report writing which is monitored.
1,0
Honestly the company does not pay enough... You do so much work with a lack of pay and they have that mentality that you need them more than they need you.
5,0
Working at Deloitte was easily one of the best and most rewarding experiences of my life. It is a richly diverse company with a very professional but relaxed environment. The work culture is incredible and the salaries are rewarding as well.
Good work life balance.
Diverse culture within the work place.

Everyone is welcoming and friendly.

Working conditions is excellent.

Clean and neat environment.
5,0
The environment is good as you get to learn a lot of valuable things in a short space of time. The management is always available to help with work or personal problems.
5,0
Una empresa innovadora, se busca lo mejor para el cliente.
5,0
Deloitte is the best company to work for, just that one came to a stage where working shifts was no longer an option because of few personal reasons, but if I were to be given an opportunity to work there again I would grab it with my two hands
Pros
Soccer Tours, Zumba (employee's month end get together)
Cons
Shift environment
5,0
Huge growth potential. Work life balance. Learning anf individual growthcomes first. Open door policy to top management. Vobrant personnel with ayounger people working.
4,0
fresh smell of coffee at work
artificially cooled environment OHS compliance

motivated staff - knowledge workers

great culture

easy and relaxed working environment, flexible hours

the only part that is tough to deal with is FM cross disciplinary nature, the knowledge bank is great and it is not possible to be master of all

the most enjoyable part is gaining new knowledge every day

I love FM so I love my job
5,0
Company invest in developing its employees, very demanding deadlines, always work on your toes, high level of professionalism and you will definitely grow if you are enthusiastic . good working environment
Pros
free coffee
5,0
It was so good working for Deloitte, They taught me to be independent as I was working individual where by I had to finish the task I was given every day. It was so good and challenging as well.
Pros
Free coffee, hot chocolate, cappuccino
no work balance
junior employees are not fairly treated

meeting deadlines is not promoted

client engaments not supported

i enjoyed working at different client
Pros
clients
Cons
office culture
5,0
Well what I did was only for the project the company was working on at the time, but one would work for the standard 8 hours analysing and capturing data for the client. I got to master an important skill in the corporate environment, that being Microsoft Word and Excel. Ultimately, one got more and more familiar with computer skills. The management was approachable and too accommodating.
4,0
Humbling, I interacted with different people and learnt to blend with a lot a personalities. Worked under a lot of pressure which kept one very alert and made the work environment stimulating to work on.
2,0
client facing
knowledgeable colleagues

numerous deadlines

management demanding

work life balance is difficult to achieve
Pros
professional development
5,0
I worked at Deloitte on various municipal projects. I was a senior independent consultant. I basically was sub contracting on the municipal projects
5,0
Interesting & Challenging, while developing & learning skills. Great people and great to converse. Culture is exciting at the firm and flexibility is incredible, also very relaxed environment to work in.
Pros
People
5,0
Productive and fun typical work day.
Management techniques, being a leader, planning, leading mentoring is what I learned.

Wonderful co-workers.

Hardest part: long hours

Being part of the Deloitte family
Pros
Vast experience accross industries
4,0
The firm is deadline driven, therefore there is a continuous hub of activity at the office and the client. On most days, I would be my clients, working with many people on my audit team. The best part of being an article clerk is that I got to work with many young, driven and confident individuals such as myself who are very technically proficient and able to get through large volumes of work. Because I had a large portfolio of clients, I worked with many individuals from different backgrounds, and this creates a good office dynamic, and at the same time exposed me to different management styles. My fellow trainees were simply the best part of working at Deloitte. I learned a lot during my articles, and gained both technical and practical knowledge. My knowledge of the accounting and auditing standards has grown leaps and bounds. I am FIST(Financial Institutions) clerk, and I had the fortune of running the audit of the largest securitisation and loan origination companies in SA.
The hardest part of the job personally for me was the vast amount of overtime that I had to work, but this just showed my innate commitment to get the job done as well as my dedication to my clients.
Pros
Free lunches, idle time
1,0
I enjoyed working at Deloitte both as the Conference and Events Co-ordinator and Audit Secretary. As the Conference and Events Co-ordinator I enjoyed the difference from being a secretary. I had the opprotunity to meet prominent people at high level events. The joy of an event being successful was well worth the hard effort putting the event together. I worked with an individual who motto was "her way or no way" this took a strain on me as I always second doubted everything I did which eventually made me look for another vacancy.
5,0
1. This was my first time working in the call centre environment and gain lot of experience and understanding.

2. Working with the target was much fun for me as it made me to strive for success.

3. There was no hard part in this position, it was just fun and growth.

4. Meeting the daily, weekly and monthly target. we were receiving the recognition.

Pros
Don't understand
Cons
Don't understand