Deloitte
Information from Deloitte:

Deloitte Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Johannesburg, Gauteng70 reviews
5,0
Deloitte is a global company that strives to connect thier workers in work and lifestyle. Remuneration is fair and bonuses are frequent. .
Great environment
Fast paced environment

Culture is excellent for audit staff but feel the company can do more to upskill support staff

Offer study opportunities to all
5,0
Lots of leanings as an article clerk at Deloitte & Touché, trying to link up theory learned to practical work situation.

Never easy, especially handling differences with clients and fellow staff members.
2,0
Management expect from employees to be available when they are even though there is a flexible work arrangement resulting in some female employees missing transport home (using Gautrain). Some employees therefore work up to 12 plus hours a day to be available for management. Management is not supportive when employees are seriously ill. I had brain cancer and received no support. This is in the area I worked.
4,0
I mostly enjoyed working at Deloitte. There were many career advancement and training opportunities. I had the opportunity to work with different people who had amazing talents.
5,0
gives opportunities to grow. you have to work hard but will reap benefits. you get exposed to working with multinational companies and great people across the world. you can network with a Deloittian from anywhere
5,0
Deloitte is a fantastic organization where one can learn a variety of skills and work in many different industries. The consulting experience will provide many opportunities in terms of clients and technologies
3,0
Deloitte is a good company to work for.

The culture is that of Big Corporate and respect is given to those in positions of seniority based on their positions.
5,0
Enjoyable culture, various stakeholder engagement, Creative environment.• Streamlining and improving management, oversight and control of UNISA business processes through a mix of in-house custom-developed solutions and off-the-shelve ERP systems using Oracle
Pros
good environment
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Deloitte?
4,0
I was responsible for implementing SAP ERP Cost Accounting- and Product Costing modules I loved working in teams. The environment can be very stressful with project dead lines and month-end financial procedures.
Pros
Lot of development opportunities
Cons
Only spending weekends at home
5,0
If you have a great boss and you love your work you can go places quickly. However if the opposite then it's tough to progress. The enablement functions are slow and frustrating but Consulting and Risk Advisory have high performing cultures - but the hours are long. The leadership culture can be hierarchical and a bit antiquated, but that could be due to the audit heavy executive.
Pros
Global network
4,0
Deloitte encourages a culture of learning and collaboration and values its employees.

Continuous learning about self, the industries we work in, are encouraged.

Due to the nature of the position I hold, long hours are sometimes required
4,0
Normal day usually from 9 AM to 5 PM. Opportunities to learn at clients. So big on Integrity. Travelling to clients can be hectic. Always learning new technology and friendly people
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Travelling to other towns
5,0
The work experience at Deloitte was great. I was a student at the University of Johannesburg, studying towards a Bachelor of Accounting degree (Chartered Accountancy stream). During my second year in 2016, I applied for vacational work at Deloitte. I worked at thw company for a period of five days, as that was the period of the program that I had applied for. Deloitte offered us free breaiand lunch, and also an amount of R500 at the end of the program.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The vacational work was only for a period of a week
3,0
Your growth is dependent on whether a manager likes you or not. Managers tend to plan the people they like on their projects which means hard work often goes unnoticed if you are not one of the favourites
4,0
I was there as part of a job shadowing and swot vac learnership in the December holidays. They have a vibrant work environment with very proficient processes. a great worklpace culture.
Pros
Employee perks
5,0
Great culture. Inspirational leadership, you own your career, global opportunities, flexible working, Love the people, opportunities to work across Africa.
5,0
Fantastic culture, great place to work. Inspirational leadership. Rated as one of the best companies to work for. Global opportunities. You are the owner of your career.
4,0
I enjoyed working at the company. Everyday was a new challenge and interacting with different clients has benefitted me post articles.
The company had a great culture and I made friends that I will never forget.
2,0
Entails travelling to rural areas.
Great opportunity to obtain project management skills, leadership and communication skills as well as personal development.
4,0
Hard work but always filled with learning opportunities. Required to put in hours but generally rewarded. Work hard, play hard culture. Lot s of people to get to know and networking is possible.