Deloitte

Deloitte Employee Reviews for Accountant

Accountant9 reviews
South Africa9 reviews
3,0
Deloitte is a good company to work for.

The culture is that of Big Corporate and respect is given to those in positions of seniority based on their positions.
5,0
Deloitte” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.

Each DTTL member firm is structured in accordance with national laws, regulations, customary practice, and other factors, and may secure the provision of professional services in its territory through subsidiaries, affiliates, and other related entities. Not every DTTL member firm provides all services, and certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.

DTTL and each DTTL member firm are legally separate and independent entities, which cannot obligate each other. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are liable only for their own acts and omissions, and not those of each other. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.
Pros
Deloitte Africa Centre for Corporate Governance
4,0
I enjoyed working at the company. Everyday was a new challenge and interacting with different clients has benefitted me post articles.
The company had a great culture and I made friends that I will never forget.
5,0
Deloitte is an excellent and reputable firm which opens up doors to a lot of opportunities. The firm is inclusive, diverse and operates at a high output level.
3,0
Meeting people , learning new accounting packages,

Team work and workshops were enjoyable . You get to meet other divisions / teams in the company when it was month end drinks.

When you work on deadlines , you have to be able to work under pressure.

Allocating time to your client was hard at times , only certain hours were allowed.

I did audit work as well , but definitely prefer the accounting side .

We had to report to our managers before sending out financials.

We did budgets, fixed asset registers and VAT

Clients were allocated to you , some were unpleasant but I never complained .
Pros
Good exposure, meeting people
Cons
Timesheets, limited time to complete a job
4,0
Great exposure to large clients, and management skills. Also obtained considerable experience with senior personnel ad overall good work-life balance.
2,0
client facing
knowledgeable colleagues

numerous deadlines

management demanding

work life balance is difficult to achieve
Pros
professional development
4,0
The firm is deadline driven, therefore there is a continuous hub of activity at the office and the client. On most days, I would be my clients, working with many people on my audit team. The best part of being an article clerk is that I got to work with many young, driven and confident individuals such as myself who are very technically proficient and able to get through large volumes of work. Because I had a large portfolio of clients, I worked with many individuals from different backgrounds, and this creates a good office dynamic, and at the same time exposed me to different management styles. My fellow trainees were simply the best part of working at Deloitte. I learned a lot during my articles, and gained both technical and practical knowledge. My knowledge of the accounting and auditing standards has grown leaps and bounds. I am FIST(Financial Institutions) clerk, and I had the fortune of running the audit of the largest securitisation and loan origination companies in SA.
The hardest part of the job personally for me was the vast amount of overtime that I had to work, but this just showed my innate commitment to get the job done as well as my dedication to my clients.
Pros
Free lunches, idle time
5,0
Challenging yet achievable work goals set by seniors
Great socialising opportunities

Facilitated exposure to significant big businesses in the area
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Deloitte?