Deloitte

Deloitte Employee Reviews for Consultant

Consultant21 reviews
South Africa21 reviews
5,0
Deloitte is a global company that strives to connect thier workers in work and lifestyle. Remuneration is fair and bonuses are frequent. .
5,0
I have gained a lot from Deloitte company, experience, family, how to work under pressure and with a team, it's a huge IT company you would wish to for
5,0
A great diverse professional work environment. There is a great sense of collaborative work and having an impact that matters.
Would be more happy to work there if contract opportunities gave you more time and experience.
Pros
A lot of office benefits and an employee appreciation culture
Cons
Hard on being absent at work
3,0
Great place to work at if you are a young parent wanting to spend time with their kids due to the fact that you can work from home. Not much growth within the firm and salary not attractive
5,0
The partner I reported too was very considerate of my commitments at home and as a mother, He'd make sure I leave the office in Time to get my kids from school, Even if I was willing to stay longer he'd insist I leave, I usually worked from home in the afternoon and evenings
I was very happy with this role
Pros
Great Cafe, Wonderful work ethics
2,0
It's a great place to learn but not so great for a family.
Even if you're at home you still need to be available which can get tricky.

Good people, management could be better
Pros
Sense of comaraderie
Cons
Hectic work weeks
5,0
A normal 8 working hour day, with a number of duties to perform, but with a deadline and I learned new things with regards to Forensic in Accounting and I enjoy working with my colleagues and also my managers are friendly and they make me love my job
Pros
User Friendly Environment, and Coffee and Muffins on fridays
3,0
Always learning and keeping up with technology,able to work flexible hours, great team work only management changes to often.
very pleasant work environment.
Pros
always learning new things, technology is always kept up to current standards.
Cons
management changes very often
4,0
The Project Team I worked with was amazing and always professional - Well informed and project objectives are set out clearly for delivery
3,0
Good place to work for and to develop your career.

Challenging and fast pace environment, working independently and in teams.

Not much transparency with employees and management.
Pros
Free parking and Coffee
2,0
It is ok.
The people are nice.

The canteen is nice.

The offices are nice.

The salary is poor.

The work is average.

I am underpaid and understimulated, so need a change.
5,0
I will work again for Deloitte, within a heartbeat, if an opportunity arises. One needs to be willing to go the extra mile when deployed to Clients as the reputation of Deloitte is regarded in very high esteem. It is good for an Individual's growth within the field as the Directors and Senior Management lead by an exceptionally high standard. Besides, once the Deloitte name brand is reflected on One's Curriculum Vitae, it is obvious that the Individual's attributes are of a very high quality and sought after, within the field.
5,0
I worked at Deloitte on various municipal projects. I was a senior independent consultant. I basically was sub contracting on the municipal projects
5,0
Daily review of processes and procedures.
Drafting internal controls and reviews.

I learned to be resilient and to work as a team.

Management provided a lot of leadership through trainings seminars and encouragement.The hardest part of the job was sometimes long hours away from family.
Pros
Ability to learn alot of skills like advanced Excel skills
Cons
Long hours away from family sometimes
3,0
I have learnt a lot and the people at Deloitte are always willing to assist where necessary.

I have grown professionally and personally.
5,0
- A typical day at work is extremely productive and all employees are willing to go the extra mile without being asked.

- What I learnt is that allowing staff to plan their own work execution and not micro managing creates the best work environment (ofcourse there are exceptions to the rule)

- Management is always willing to lend a helping hand and provide proper guidance to ensure proper execution of duties by all staff, Management leads by example.

- Co-workers are motivational, also always happy to lend a helping hand and ensure that the entire team succeeds which ultimately means success for the individual.

- The hardest part was leaving such a pleasant work atmosphere.
Pros
The celebrations
3,0
Learnt a lot during time here. All aspects of running project thoroughly done. Developed sense of managing teams. Processes of project work and reporting was well done.
Pros
Logistics
Cons
Claiming
4,0
Deloitte has flexible working hours which is one of the attractive things about the firm. The colleagues are friendly, respectful and very professional. Our managers are great and they have good people's skill. The firm also encourages a work life balance, participation in sports and other extra mural activities.
Pros
Regualr Social Functions
Cons
Remuneration
5,0
We have a daily checking where the management explain to us in detail our daily tasks.
The management gives us freedom to chose how we perfom our daily tasks and they also give us suggestions on how we can perfom our tasks.

My co workers and I also have our discussions on how we think we could better complete our tasks.

We try to view all our daily task as one project for all of us and work as a team.

The hardest part is trying to fit in all our daily tasks and see them as one project.

The most enjoyable part is working together as a team.
Pros
Good managent skills
Cons
long hours with no overtime pay
4,0
Deloitte has been a great company to work at. They encourage further learning and they constantly send their employees to attend short courses to help develop them. They allow their employees to work with minimum supervision in order to train them to be able to have good leadership skills.
Pros
Free snacks before 10:00am and drinks every Thursday and Friday
Cons
Long hours depending on the work at hand
3,0
The days at the workplace differ from day to day, sometimes very busy and other times not busy at all. I learned how to work with different people at a corporate place and also learned how to engage with different types of clients. I worked with different managers whereby some were good and others were not so good but learned how to get along with all. They are very different as individuals and all the office politics that goes around but managed to work well with them especially as a team. I would not say there was a hard part which I experienced on the job. When working with difficult clients and getting weird computers to image or even error on the processes I run, I eventually get through it and I take is a challenge and a learning curve. I enjoyed travelling to client premises around the country and abroad doing my job and experiencing different environments and different people.
Pros
work at home, working at different times acquiring at least 40 hrs. weekly depending on the client.
Cons
growth within the company, performance reviews and the system used to rate us versus the nature of our job.