Deloitte

Deloitte Employee Reviews

What an amazing company to work for. I can't emphasize the great culture enough. So many opportunities to grow your career both locally and globally.
Pros
Get to work with some of the most brilliant people in the industry
Cons
They could add more employee benefits
Senior Management team very good at their jobs and directions supplied. Hard work is expected from everyone. Possibly the most honest and best in their field of operation, given the latest trends in their industry of corruption and collusion or falsification of audits. I would highly recommend anyone for working with them. Pace is fast and furious but people are supportive and work well in teams.
Pros
Good Management and hard-working teams
Cons
Expect to work long hours to be successful
Your growth is dependent on whether a manager likes you or not. Managers tend to plan the people they like on their projects which means hard work often goes unnoticed if you are not one of the favourites
Team work encouraged. Development of staff a strong emphasis of the company with lots of opportunities for training, coaching and mentoring of employees. There were lots of team building exercises.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
I was there as part of a job shadowing and swot vac learnership in the December holidays. They have a vibrant work environment with very proficient processes. a great worklpace culture.
Pros
Employee perks
productive, fun but can also be a very stress full environment• General Office work• Administration Duties to all staff members• Personal Assistance to four Directors• Taking Messages and screen calls for Company directors• Manage Diaries for directors• Printing and filling for Directors• Reading Directors emails and responds when necessary • Load all invoices and follow up on payment on SAP• Load all new contractors / Vendors contracts on VAULT• Arrange all Domestic and International travel• Arrange Visas and Forex • Arrange and allocate all corporate credit cards transactions• Allocate all cell phone accounts • Arrange all training and breakaways for team • Arrange Team year end functions or teambuilding’s• Prepare documents for meetings and feedback sessions • Arrange Collections with DHL / Convergex Couriers • Arrange upgrades / Sim swaps / Blacklisting of phones or ordering new phones for Directors/ Managers • Submit and full in injurie on duty forms
Pros
easy environment
Cons
long hours when necessary
The aspect that stood out for me at Deloitte was the great people that I met there and had the privilege to work with. I also had an opportunity to be involved and lead a number of very interesting projects, sometimes with challenging clients, however, this enabled me to become resilient and maintain my performance under stressful situations.
Cons
A lot of time away from home
On a daily was enjoyable to go to work as I felt utilised and exposed to various tax issues, which were new, considering that it was my first formal employment from varsity. I felt important as I was treated as the best in VAT contigency reviews and was recognised and awarded for my hard-work. My passion for tax grew whilst working for Deloitte.
Una empresa innovadora, se busca lo mejor para el cliente.
This company was good and I gained experience through this company even if my job was a contract. I was earning a very good salary management was good
Pros
Good workshops
Cons
I have worked for Deloitte since 2000 on various projects in the consulting environment, I was part of the financial outsourcing team when start working for Deloitte as accountant for 2 companies. These companies was totally new and we had to get business processes in policies in place for the client. I was part of the team from the beginning and let the business grow from small department to big consulting department of about 300 employees on the end. I also worked on the global outsourcing for Deloitte and had the opportunity to be the accountant for different countries and therefore had the opportunity to get experience of all tax rules for these countries like Russia, India, France, Germany, Australia, Sweden, USA, Dubai, Saudi, Egypt, Morocco, Hong Kong. Then from 2012 as a ERP consultant due to my accounting experience
Pros
free lunches, flexible time
Cons
no cons
Assisting where i am needed was the fun part because you learn so much so when i am permanently employed i can implement my knowledge and experiences gained.
Great culture. Inspirational leadership, you own your career, global opportunities, flexible working, Love the people, opportunities to work across Africa.
Fantastic culture, great place to work. Inspirational leadership. Rated as one of the best companies to work for. Global opportunities. You are the owner of your career.
I enjoy working at the Firm, Leadership is very supportive and invest in their people. I’ve have learned a lot during the past few years which will allow me to become actively involved in building and maintaining employee relations as well as focusing on individual employee development.
Pros
Good benefits, flexibility
Cons
I largely spend my time recruiting, or actives related to our recruiting efforts. Next would be internal resourcing, and org management. Beyond that would be meetings with line management.
Every morning I get to meet with the office friendly team over coffee,then start my duties,discuss my concerns to management,then if there's a meeting I prepare for it then thanked after that,then go home.
Pros
Every friday the Chief of Party brings cake for everyone
Cons
Cleaning one place many times after someone made a mess
Deloitte is the best company to work for, just that one came to a stage where working shifts was no longer an option because of few personal reasons, but if I were to be given an opportunity to work there again I would grab it with my two hands
Pros
Soccer Tours, Zumba (employee's month end get together)
Cons
Shift environment
It was a very collaborative process where we found ourselves in diverse teams solving problems which Deloitte do on a daily basis. Working together with such talented fields (students in my group) from all over SA really showed me that the most unlikely people can be just as productive together and opened my eyes to the world of work.
Pros
Free Food Allowance, Tours
Cons
Not much help in finding a job there afterwards
Making appointments with candidates and clientsReviewing database for candidatesDebriefing of clients and candidatesInterviewing and assessmentsPublishing of jobs on career junctionHow to manage and negotiate at a senior levelManagement was minimal we were very independentProfessional, highly motivated and competitiveDue to the high level of the posts, finding suitable candidatesTeam spirit and professionalism
Pros
Free parking, canteen on site, independant working environment, good commission options
Cons
Difficult and fussy clients and candidates, very competitive
Deloitte” is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients. Each DTTL member firm is structured in accordance with national laws, regulations, customary practice, and other factors, and may secure the provision of professional services in its territory through subsidiaries, affiliates, and other related entities. Not every DTTL member firm provides all services, and certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are legally separate and independent entities, which cannot obligate each other. DTTL and each DTTL member firm are liable only for their own acts and omissions, and not those of each other. DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients.
Pros
Deloitte Africa Centre for Corporate Governance
  1. Employee Reviews