Deloitte

Deloitte Employee Reviews

What an amazing company to work for. I can't emphasize the great culture enough. So many opportunities to grow your career both locally and globally.
Pros
Get to work with some of the most brilliant people in the industry
Cons
They could add more employee benefits
Worked with nice people. The environment was nice, it's a small Call Centre. We worked well together. The Management was great. Working with the different SETA's was interesting.
When I worked with Deloitte, the work load was lots but manageable, but unfortunately I could return to Deloitte as they couldn't accommodate me with a half day position as none was available at the time of my resignation. Deloitte's management made it their priority to ensure work life balance was kept. I have been with Deloitte for such a long time and that explains my loyalty and commitment towards them.
Pros
When I have been employed be Deloitte I received an increased amount of leave days.
Cons
Management is not as loyal as the employees.
Meeting people , learning new accounting packages, Team work and workshops were enjoyable . You get to meet other divisions / teams in the company when it was month end drinks. When you work on deadlines , you have to be able to work under pressure. Allocating time to your client was hard at times , only certain hours were allowed. I did audit work as well , but definitely prefer the accounting side . We had to report to our managers before sending out financials. We did budgets, fixed asset registers and VAT Clients were allocated to you , some were unpleasant but I never complained .
Pros
Good exposure, meeting people
Cons
Timesheets, limited time to complete a job
Great exposure to large clients, and management skills. Also obtained considerable experience with senior personnel ad overall good work-life balance.
Deloitte is a great place to start your career. You will definitely meet and network with some bright and inspiring individuals. You will work hard meeting clients deadlines but will derive great benefit from the experiences.
Pros
Great opportunities within the firm in SA and abroad
Cons
Deadlines and multiple reporting managers can be difficult to manage
I really enjoyed my temp assignment at Deloitte. They have strong work ethics and there's just so much room for growth. I could not believe the salary i was paid as it was my first job. They have good mentorship and skills transfer withing their organization. If i had to get an of for employment from this company, I would definitely grab it with both hands. Great company to work for!!
Pros
Room for growth and market related salaries
Cons
I was only there for vacation work as a student but I learnt a lot. Facilitators were friendly and not hard to work with. It was only three day's there are game's and debates about current affairs which is very good.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Company invest in developing its employees, very demanding deadlines, always work on your toes, high level of professionalism and you will definitely grow if you are enthusiastic . good working environment
Pros
free coffee
Cons
1. Understanding the environment 2. Risk Assessment 3. Effectiveness and adequacy of controls 4. Planning audits 5. Conducting audits and interviews 6. Reporting and report writing I enjoyed career growth and advancement Embraced culture diversity Travelling
Pros
Conferences, Team Building and chrismas parties
Cons
Travelling long distances
My favourite thing about Deloitte, was the people I worked with - always willing to help, friendly. Great culture, great benefits, located in a beautful office park. Main con is that you are not used to your full capacity as a marketer - your main role is project management, event management and stakeholder relations.
Pros
Subsidised lunch, in-house canteen
Cons
Little training offered to support staff
It was so good working for Deloitte, They taught me to be independent as I was working individual where by I had to finish the task I was given every day. It was so good and challenging as well.
Pros
Free coffee, hot chocolate, cappuccino
Cons
The company offers disadvantage students an opportunity to gain experience in their field of study. It then becomes easy for us to apply for jobs because of the experience gained from the internship.
I've learned to be faster , be a team player and professional, Management were good and helpful. Life is not the same as in the classroom but it prepares you for what is going to be outside it.
Pros
Tea breaks
Cons
None. Deloitte is good company. Professionalism is maintained. Culture is very professional. Deloitte is a big company that employs auditors and accountants
Pros
NOne
Cons
NOne
-Exposure to wide client base -Work with individuals from various disciplines -Leader in respective field -Offers travel opportunities -Good environment for learning
Very fast paced day at work I learned a great deal to handle matters of utmost importance with cultures; clients; staff and colleagues alike. The company had great learning abilities to improve your skill set at work, the workplace culture was excellent. The hardest part of the job was you had to be professional in all ways The enjoyable part of the work the company had an excellent cultural community program from directors to staff to participate
Pros
Monthly lunch tokens
Cons
had to be on the companies "professional medical aid" was very expensive for admin staff
Deloitte has been one of the companies that allows flexibility. Employees are able to work from home, that is, depending on whether the position allows for one to do so. Deloitte does offer collaborative sessions with their employees before making decisions that will affect employees. a company that offers one an opportunity to learn. Sends their employees on courses to improve their skill and knowledge. I have enjoyed my time at Deloitte, got to interact with different kinds of people from junior staff to senior members. Started at Deloitte as Payroll Administrator and left on 30 June 2017 as a Team Leader.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No career progression where I was at
Love working with my team. Over the years we have become like family. I learned what my strength, likes and dislikes are and how to cope under pressure. The culture fit is friendly, work together and assist each other when needed. The hardest part of my job is that due to the CT region is quite small and therefore there is no room for growth in my division. What I enjoy the most of my job is engage with students, building relationship with stakeholders and presenting on campuses.
Pros
Able to work flexible hours
Cons
No room for growth
Very busy environment. constantly learning and developing as an individual, intellectually and personally. Amazing people, encouraged adn motivated to learn learn and adapt to differing client needs.Great place to work
Typical day at work: Ensuring that all diaries were up to date. Effective and efficient filing system, for the Directors. Planning and executing events for the unit. Ensuring that all meeting documentation is available and ensure that minutes were taken. Preparation of proposals and tenders for the Risk Advisory unit. Responsible for the Directors budget What I learned: I learned to be meticulous in everything that I do Workplace culture: A family environment was promoted
Pros
Subsided lunches, socials, incentives
  1. Employee Reviews