Department of Education KZN
3,9 out of 5 stars.

Department of Education KZN Employee Reviews

South Africa127 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Good workplace culture and teamwork

A typical day as an Examination Assistant is sorting and packing examination scripts and moving them around within the marking centre. Very long work hours but worth it in the end.

Very challenging

Principal mistreat staff and exploited us as Educator’s Assistant. They made me feel like i made a big mistake by obtaining my B.ED degree. Lack of discipline, professionalism and respect.

Friendly workplace environment

It was very interesting working for this department. You feel at home and attending persal course, you get the persal certificate. You learn so many things about working in public sector

Pros

When we attending shortilisting meeting and interviews lunch will be provided

Cons

Flexible working hours

Fullfilling and fun workspace

I really enjoyed working with special needs children. emotionally the job was very rewarding although your patience is greatly challenged by the mental impairment of the learners but it is worth it.

Pros

Medical and housing benefit

Cons

Parents can fustrate you

Traveling, New people, New smiles and balanced life style.

To achieve optimal physical and mental health, the Department of Education KZN promotes a balance between time and effort spent working and time spent at home, family, and personal pursuits, which is part of their culture. "Your health is number one they said."

Pros

Traveling

Cons

No over time

KZN department of education is the best but I didn't get fair salary

I was assisting but the payment was not fairly but I enjoyed working with children and I found them much happy everytime am around them if you caring.

Pros

Free periods

Cons

Life skills

Productive Workplace

The workplace requires patience and resilience. It is also requires a team player (one must be able to work with others and understand how a team works, which is by respect and commitment).

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Long Hours

productive workplace

workplace was safe. the staff was friendly and welcoming. i found a hardworking admin clerk who helped me fulfill my skills. i learnt more from there.

Pros

free meal

Cons

overtime

Each and every day you have to put lot of energy since you will teach approximately 5 classes. I've learned lot of this while I was there I developed new skills I never knew that I'm a coach so I developed coaching skills. Management was supportive especially my GOD. The work culture was good. The hardest part about the Job is accessing part, daily preparation and submission of marks. The most enjoyable parts it competition(high schools) cultural activities

Pros

Free lunches

Relaxed and fast paced

First thing at work on a normal day check emails finish off yesterday's work if there is any left. Log faults for users on the BMC system and attend to those faults (IT related faults). I've learned communication skills and how to deal with people of different calibre. The management was phenomenal they treated us with respect they knew that we were human beings before being employees. It was a productive and happy environment to work in. The hardest part was not being able to come up with a solution at that point in time, alternatives were used of course. The enjoyable part was when we worked together as a team and came up with solutions that are best for both company and the staff. I've enjoyed myself working and contributing towards the enhancement of the company.

Pros

Warm Environment

Cons

unforeseen overtime

Productive and relaxed environment

There's too much to learn I really enjoyed working there although I was hoping they were going to retain us as their interns to fill vacant positions.

Pros

Good management

Cons

Too many vacant posts

Obtained 17 year's of experience

1. I had a good experience regarding my relevant work performance. 2. The challenge of being short staffed had a very bad impact on us as employees because I had to do the work loud that required to be allocated to three people at the very short space of time and meeting the dead-lines, without receiving any compensation or any allowances for 8yrs. 3.

Pros

Recognition for hard working employees

Cons

Promoting the well experienced and competent people for higher levels.

I would really recommend DOE to anyone.

At DOE if you always do your job no one is on your case. Hard work and dedication is needed. It's a family oriented environment we're they are busy days and relaxed days.

Working at Department of Education in KZN is awesome

Working at Department of Education in KZN was an excellent opportunity. The staff and working environment is very conducive and developmental to people.

Pros

Exposed to many working areas

Cons

I loved every minute of working there,. Made new friends and working environment was hectic but I still enjoy waking up and going there

Our supervisors made it easy to work with them. They were approachable and guided us the whole time. I loved working there because I worked closely with other people and working in groups is what I love...Every single day was worth it

Sgbs should be cancelled

Sgbs must fall principals have to much power Too much corruption in schools.principals give Jobs to friends who pay kickbacks. Promote friends unfairs

Pros

No pros only corruption

Cons

Corruption kickbacks to principal

I gained alot experience unders a great supervision. I learned how to deal with people with different attitude. Time management, pantuality and being

I was exposed in Batho Pele principles in practice. I have learnt how to work with group which was something I wasn't aware about. I was awesome exposure.

Pros

Treat people in right manner irrespective of colour, gender or nationality

Cons

Nothing much bad Except that is not the same as private entities when it comes to incentives

Good work experience

It was a great working environment but with very looong hours which was draining but the rest was amazing. The staff was really nice and it was busy as it was a temporary position but I really enjoyed working there

Working as team respect the duties of the Department, communicate with employees obey them weather he is young or older work hard and dress properly.

I have gained Experience and more skills and I have Learn how to communicate with clients as well as employees to the Department., and i know how this Department work and they communicate from different sections they

Good work

Working at department of education KZN has made me the person I am today. It gave me experience and challenges that one need in order to be the best.

The department of education was a nice place to work in,all workers they have disciplen,afectionate,.The working are fairly for everyone who is working with the department we ware used to work 8 hours a day with no overtime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Education KZN. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance