Department of Environmental Affairs

Department of Environmental Affairs Employee Reviews

Productive environment, competitive employees

It was a fun environment wich was kind of very expiriencail to me coz i learn a lot of things.. I learned how to cope under pressure and also provide services delivery to the employees of the department.

Pros

Excess to infomation and government resources

Cons

Work overload

Hard working

Project and presenting about how to keep our environment always being on the good conditions especially near at other schools has an dumping side near

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long ours

Good place and lovely

I am very good at what i do and i love working and i am a person who love people and i want to work hard so that i can change my home and be example to them

Pros

Free launches

Cons

comfortable, wonderful and offer green environment

full of information, productive, good to settle. skills equipping and gives opportunity to improve your knowledge. best working environment with good HR personnel's

Pros

water to refresh your mind

Cons

many people in the interview boardroom

inspiring and challenging

you learn how to work individually and being a team player and you grow as a person into understanding and adapting into the work environment and what is expected of you, you rather see every challenge as an opportunity to learn and self develop

benefits

Scientific Technician

Working as a Scientific Technician means that I have to travel abroad and Domestic travels include the Dept. of Environmental Research Monitoring Lines where it was expected that I spend more that ninety (90) days at sea during Research Cruises.

Great interview

I have good experience with Department of environmental affairs. I have learned to manage and implement projects. I learned to manage people. I have learned to ensure that the work product is of quality.

Productive and competitive

A collaborative working environment characterized by life-long learning, stakeholder engagement and interface with national and international stakeholders.

Good environment to learn new things, I have learnt a lot of things about nature conservation

I was a great experience, the staff is amazing and always willing to help. As a person coming from terrestrial plant background, it was a bit challenging at first but I have managed to adapt very easily.

It was good working for environmental affairs.

It was good working for this organization. Management particularly the DG was a hard worker who always assist the employees whenever there are challenges

Good team to work with.

Diverse company with great culture in the office. Empowering management system. Career shaping available platform in the department. Great relationship with work colleagues.

This is a really great place to work but there are no opportunities for growth. There are only entry level positions and no advancement. You are forced to leave once your contract has ended and there is no promise for renewal.

fun work

Truck driver code 14 pdp good communication on skills Eng Afr I'm not drinking I'm 47 year old three kids married last job putco bus service retrenchment

productive

participating in legislation drafting and implementation, issuing permits and authorizations, responding to ministerial queries, reviewing EIA applications and providing recommendations,planning and attending meetings, organizing and hosting public awareness events

People Centric workplace

The Dept of Envionmental Affairs is a people centric dept. It focuses on developing the individual holistically and that's what makes it worthwhile to make this dept your home.

A productive and exciting place to work

On a typical day at work, the staff base has been assigned into different departments. I learned how to work as a team and also developed my management skills. The management is professional. The workplace culture is good because of the staff consist of a blend of different cultures. The hardest part of the job is having to meet up with deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job is having to work with motivated people.

Pros

Room for growth

Cons

Less diversity of skills and knowledge

The Workplace

A typical day at work is very relaxed. there are only one or two stressful days here and there. I learned how to be professional in the work place and I learned about various policies and procedures within government.

Benefits

Cons

No growth

Productive working environment

I have gained a lot of knowledge. Not only about Communications, but about other scientific branches that exist within the department. Ma managers give me a platform to form practical work and provide assistance when needed.

Pros

Includes a lot of travelling

Cons

The department deals with a lot of science jargon

its a verry good place with friendly people

the department of environmental affairs have a lot of of friendly employees. they help each other settle in well. they are commited to what they do and also try by al means to meet deadlines.

Vibrant and Fun

Fun environment, if only the contract was longer. Everyone was very helpful and unsupportive. My wish was that we were payed more and we were taken permanently

Pros

Lots of assistance

Cons

Supporting 13 floor building

• Collect mail from the post office • Deliver mail to clients and deliver passports and visas for international relations • Transporting officials to meetings outside office and airport • Opening and closing of files for new and resigned personnel • Organise meetings, team building and any other events to take place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Environmental Affairs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Department of Environmental Affairs