Department of Environmental Affairs

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,3Pay & Benefits

Fruitful and interesting.

My review about the Department of Environmental Affairs , It was good but bit challenging because of it was my first time in the workplace. I tried to learn and grow fast as an employee. I had a very good team collaboration and also I was an all-round try to get to some things in the workplace.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Understanding hours

Productivd workplace

You learn a lot as an intern. Get to travel and interact with people. A great workplace environment with supportive colleagues. Great team work.You get to do short courses

Cons

Long hours traveling

Hard working

Project and presenting about how to keep our environment always being on the good conditions especially near at other schools has an dumping side near

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long ours

Good place and lovely

I am very good at what i do and i love working and i am a person who love people and i want to work hard so that i can change my home and be example to them

Pros

Free launches

inspiring and challenging

you learn how to work individually and being a team player and you grow as a person into understanding and adapting into the work environment and what is expected of you, you rather see every challenge as an opportunity to learn and self develop

benefits

The Workplace

A typical day at work is very relaxed. there are only one or two stressful days here and there. I learned how to be professional in the work place and I learned about various policies and procedures within government.

Benefits

Cons

No growth

Productive and fun

A typical day at work includes working on submitted EIA's and dealing with compliance of stakeholders to governance set out in these protected areas. I'm currently learning so much from DEA, especially when it comes to EIA's. Management is great however as a young citizen I do feel a little more hustle and effort can go a long way. Hardest part of the job would be the continuous travelling. the most enjoyable part of the job would be the great hours and a salary that allows you to live as a decent citizen.

Exciting and productive

Working environment is good for everyone. Managers empowers their subordinates and help the perform well on their daily duties. Employees are flexible and reliable.

Pros

Free tea

Cons

flexible and long hours

productive,well balanced culture and room for growth

I have learnt a lot of things ,gained a lot of skills and the environment if feasible. The department has part-time bursary opportunities' for employees that would like to further their studies .this boost the staff morale and also after completing your studies you receive a recognition either by a bonus or a trophy.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

long extended works, volutary overtime

Skills as leader

I have improved my leading skill as I was working with people.my job was to make sure that the people have arrive on the field on time as it was a community project.and doing the paperwork as well

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Its a fine place to work on.

Good Management, it also have a good capacity building of employees. it have flexible times and time management is well managed. I enjoyed travelling while i was there.

Pros

S&t

Cons

weekends and long hours

Productive but stressful

Co-workers team players, Travelling is fun, meet differrent people

Pros

no free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Environmental Affairs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance