Department Of Health

Department Of Health Employee Reviews

South Africa819 reviews
4,0
Cleaning wards dusting Windows removing corps from wards to mortuary hospital,cleaning hospital equipment,i learned a lot how to care about a patient and learn about safe and clean also first aid.
5,0
the staff was friendly and proffesional and knew what they were employed todoamdwere able to carry out the task at hand. they were always willing to show new employees what is expected from them
Pros
experience
Cons
politics tules over professional
4,0
Interviews should include both theory and practice that linked to the position that you are being interviewed for so as to identify gaps earlier in line with PDP's.
4,0
I begin my day by handover, count babies, and the oxygen therapy they are on, mark staff register and see all the rooms are covered. Start with my medication round, order all the necessary medications from pharmacy. Attend doctors rounds and do orders. Help the EN with admission, start babies on iv fluids, and administer prescribed medication. Help new mothers with expressionng milk.
3,0
Good progressive company with employment benefits.
Good learning curve.

Good work climate. Fair work area

Fair compensation. Good work pattern & team effort
Pros
Predictable work pattern
Cons
Vacancies seldom advertised
4,0
I was experiencing difficulties especially when I am doing quarterly stock taking because the nurses they were not placing orders when they need medicine.
3,0
Given any other chance i would go back willingly, it paid me well and i didn't have a thing to worry about, i miss working for government the benefits.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Management was just dodgy
4,0
Teamwork environment / Productive in the workplace. Should tighten security. Data capture patient files / checks / filing / prep folders / liaise with health professions / screening / assist in radiology dept's with xray results / appointments / confidentiality.
Pros
wellness day / Womens day treats / Teambuilding
Cons
security awareness to be stricter
4,0
It being pro active and transparent .Getting the best results is when your team co operates.However I find that the culture Now days is low commitment as the team is not supporting the load.
3,0
Interacting with internationally travelling passengers on health issues. Travelers can be difficult when they don't understand what is required of them, especially when they are in a hurry to get to their next destination. Staff moral is often low because of the long hours and staff shortage. There is lack of growth and the income is also not enough. You learn various things daily as you get exposed to different nations.
3,0
it was not that busy but the workload was reasonable and i gained a lot of experience while working there . The culture of the Department was nice and i adapted fast
5,0
Working with young people has thought me alot about being a leader how to deal with different issues addresed by differernt people hoping for u to have a solution .Be Open minded
5,0
The organization it delivers cleaning service to the Mpumalanga government Clinics I have learned how to place orders of equipments by fill in the order form handling internal with external calls and receiving clients provide them with relevant queries
Work as a team
Hard working lady

Punctuality

Calle if needed or available all time

Keep secrets of the clients and staff

Promote hiqh quality care
4,0
It was pleasure working for the Dept though we had problems when it comes to payments otherwise I gained knowledge n experience on how the dept works
3,0
I was responsible for Security Management and Risk Management at ALL Departmental Health facilities in Sekhukhune District area of responsibility. I had to manage office work and and conduct inspections and risk assessments at all facilities.
1,0
I was forced tonresign because of abusive management. The work is not balanced. There is a lack of resources, shortage of staff. Mangagement is very unprofessional including the ministers and MEC's. Everything is expected from a nurse. Everything that is wrong with this department a nurse is blamed.We are underpaid and even forced to work above our scope of practise
5,0
It was a great experience and i got the chance to further my knowledge. Learnt to work quick while providing up to standard services. Also learnt to work within a multidisciplinary team
Pros
Great salary
5,0
Department of health should have fair way of absorbing community service health professionals.
If they can easily place us for community service it should be the same with job placement
3,0
If the department could consider paying nursss more. The work load it above staff and the equipment is not efficient. The hours put in and expected from nurses are too much. The salary is okay.
2,0
Typically you can expect to be extremely busy, many patients that need medical care. You learn to be creative and find other ways of getting things done because the available resources aren't always enough. You learn to work under immense pressure and extreme conditions.

Helping patients and constant learning is the best part of the job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department Of Health. Our community is ready to answer.
3,9