Department of Rural Development and Land Reform
3,9 out of 5 stars.

Department of Rural Development and Land Reform Employee Reviews

South Africa220 reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Eye opening with lot of experience on the ground

Working with farmer was joyful experience with impact on one's growth and understanding of agriculture in South Africa. The farmers were people who were willing to know and try new things the advisors were bringing which made things very exciting both for farmer and advisors but personel was lacking as a results the services was not delivered adequately.

enjoyable

Very fun, I learned so much and enjoyed my. Staff was friendly willing to help you when you show the that you are actually hungry to learn. Thus is my dream workplace

Productive and family culture

I enjoyed my learning expirience at Rural had so much to learn .When my contract came to an end it was so sad the managent wished to employ me but their hands were tied.Would like to be rehired.

Pros

Free lunch on meetings

Cons

Challenging, competitive, enjoyable at same time

Since I have started my land Surveying inservice training I found surveying is very critical and it needs more focus when you work so that you can be accurate and give less errors, because every error cost more since surveying is the base of an engineering.

DRDLR is a very pleasant Department work for. They make the job enjoyable and the environment is very pleasant.

I have been with the Department for 14 years now, I really like the working space and environment. The only challenge for me is the growth process, it's moving at a slow pace and I have developed myself academically and the need for growth is expanding.

Productive and learning alot

Most of the time you work from home.Learning about agriculture was fun.Working with farmers is quite experiencing because that was the kind of field I never expected to work at, because I studied engineering at school.So it was a new platform for me

Pros

Data, traveling and accommodation allowance

Cons

Most of the we work on the field than at the office

competitive environment but fun

loved working there , they had very good benefits, the only downside is that everything is slow. the recruitment process takes forever but the department is great.

Nice working environment with friendly people.

I gained experience in clerical work and the management was understanding.Gained experience in customer related services. Good communication skills over telephone and face to face.General Office Practice.

Pros

Friendly Supervisors

Cons

Field Work

workplace was amazing and i met very good people and made lifetime friendships

The workplace environment was fun and I got to see firsthand how it's like being in the corporate world as this was my 1st internship after university. it was only 6 months, but I got to learn about the field and how much it benefits communities especially in the districts supported by Rural Development. I learned the importance of time management and providing the necessary services to all parties involved and ensuring that projects are properly managed and up to date.

Pros

site visits with the managers

Cons

its so fun and excitement

the are so many thing that i learn here also fun and excitement with my collagues also management. its hards when we work with difficult people on the field

Productive workplace

Working there was the most great experience of mylife, I gained alot of experience...Had a chance to interact with different kinds of successful people whom I am lioking up to.Treated kindly, but firmly, got corrected where I do wrong in a kind way.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Had to travel a long way

Productive and fun working environment

I enjoyed working for this company. The staff was friendly and our clients were challenging yet understanding. The working conditions were conducive.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Cons

Deadlines

Good

Working at the department of rural development and land reform was very overwhelming. The experience was amazing and the training from the supervisors was excellent. The employees paved my career path and the work ethic was very good.

Pros

You are allowed one day leave without a letter as long as its approved

Cons

Do not skip work and noy inform your supervisor

It was good working at the department

Best place to work at we meet people that will inspire you and motivated you in to a beautiful creative mindset, and help you become the best person you can and you get to travel and see, work and learn from others people from other department

Pros

You meet a lot of people, and travel

Cons

It's a small department, so they r less present post

Work experience

Tender drafting Estamation Tender evaluation Site inspection Preparing payment certificates Tender briefing Project identification Drafting memorandum for approval of project Writting progress report Attending technical meetings

Great place to work at

The DRDLR has a great work culture. The supervisor and manager allowed for growth and new ideas. I was allowed to operate with minimal influence. The salary structure was also competitive.

Pros

Developmental Management

Cons

Perfomance not individually recognised during assesment

The interviews was good

I would like to work under rural development & land reform to help comnunity to farm & crops , catle, goats help them to form co- op so that the can make food security for they comuninty

Productive and very stressful type of work

Working at the DRDLR office requires someone who has a very mature mind. The work is of Supply Chain Management and is very demanding most times. In most cases one should be on top of things ensuring they never get left behind, you must be very flexible cos at times you find yourself racing against time and no space for errors is allowed at that time.

Review

No induction/introduction done. Difficulty getting trainings. Working there was one of the most amazing experiences, like every working environment, bittersweet.

Budget,Projects and Support

We are dealing with stakeholders assisting them with different projects,RDP's,LUS,Mapping.and also providing support DRDLR directorates branch with maps and budgets

Productive Workplace

Setting together as a unit and dicuss our weeklly plans with the supervisor. I learned the administrative processes within the government sector and how different levels of authority in the organisation operate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department of Rural Development and Land Reform. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,2 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,5 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,7 out of 5 stars for Management
3,7 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Department of Rural Development and Land Reform
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?