Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation

Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation Employee Reviews

South Africa17 reviews
3,0
I enjoyed each and every session I was doing with people even though sometimes people would take me for granted.Honestly though those people made me stronger I wish I could go back to my old job actually it was not a job exactly we were the Women of Work talking things about girls and to handle our problems.
5,0
It was nice working with the management of the company, also the team , we were doing job testing for individuals and also in groups, screening for TB, PMTC, distribution of condoms, and send those who have been infected to linkage to care, it was an honor and privilege to work at Desmond Tutu as an councilor and HIV finger pricking
Good
Good
1,0
Your job is unsettled with the DTHF. There's lack of communication between management and workers. Can easily get unemployed without being notified, b
5,0
The organization was basically established for young women, where they did a research and came with findings that they are the most affected by HIV and increased pregnancy.
1,0
Full day working hours, i've learned how to manage work issues/problems dealling with participants attitude, also learned about ARVs treatment. I enjoy to being with people and give information
5,0
get more experience and exposure,working under pressure most of the time,must be focus and accurate working with numbers and money.and learn to interact with different cultures.
5,0
Working for DTHF is a big responsibility. Not only do you want to make Archbishop Tutu proud, you are also working on cutting edge Healthcare that has the potential to save millions of lives. It is a great place to work.
Pros
Salary is competitive and you get to meet celebrities!
Cons
You might have to work some public holidays.
4,0
Satisfying, making a difference in young people's lives. Opportunity to grow professionally, improvement in managerial skills. Improving training/teaching skills.
Pros
Working independantly
Cons
Unsafe areas
5,0
Excellent and Fun. and helps you understand more about research industry. You learn new staff new studies about different diseases of which is great exposure.
Pros
Exprience
Cons
NO development
2,0
My workload is always planned and reviewed before I start any lesson.I have learned never to see any challange as a stumble block but any oppitunity to learn.As far as management goes every person tried their udmost best to meet company requirements.The challenging part of my job was concerns were raised but never met.What made my job enjoyable was knowing you can make a difference in a young childs life who is being educated on things that impact their lives long term.
Pros
meeting new people everyday you can impact positively.
Cons
No sucsession plan long term
3,0
I worked as an intern at Desmond Tutu Foundation helping with computers and other technical problems that arose
For the main heavy work the required experienced IT staff I stood and observe in their work
5,0
Working in this organisation is good and may be fun some time but I am concern about the safety because we working with the communities who have high rate of crime.
Pros
Skills developments
Cons
Work holidays and weekend sometimes
4,0
Working at Desmond tutu is very fun as you learn a lot of things you get to meet different people you also get the chance to grow within the company so its a great opportunity for me to be working there
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Normal hours
4,0
Productive and fun. On a busy day we see about 10 participants thats a full day. Corporate culture teamwork, communication. Enjoy working with people.
Pros
Free coffee only
Cons
Contracts
4,0
I started working at Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in July 2013. I work both as a Research Nurse and a Primary Health Care Practitioner.
Pros
team building tasks
Cons
6 days a week job
2,0
when you educate a participants on how to stay negative you give her all the information and the participant seroconvert after some months you built the relationship with her/him it is so difficult and hurting to deliver the news to that person.
3,0
First working expirience. Im currently happy with working for the organisation, but now im looking for something more, a job with benefits as this is a NGO and it doesn't have benefits.