Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation Employee Reviews
South Africa17 reviews
Showing all 17 reviews
Indeed Featured review
The most useful review selected by Indeed
It was great being the part of Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation I enjoyed working with people.The hardest part of the job was people
I enjoyed each and every session I was doing with people even though sometimes people would take me for granted.Honestly though those people made me stronger I wish I could go back to my old job actually it was not a job exactly we were the Women of Work talking things about girls and to handle our problems.
It was nice working with the management of the company, also the team , we were doing job testing for individuals and also in groups, screening for TB, PMTC, distribution of condoms, and send those who have been infected to linkage to care, it was an honor and privilege to work at Desmond Tutu as an councilor and HIV finger pricking
The organization was basically established for young women, where they did a research and came with findings that they are the most affected by HIV and increased pregnancy.
Rate your recent company
Share your experience to help others
Working for DTHF is a big responsibility. Not only do you want to make Archbishop Tutu proud, you are also working on cutting edge Healthcare that has the potential to save millions of lives. It is a great place to work.
Salary is competitive and you get to meet celebrities!
You might have to work some public holidays.
My workload is always planned and reviewed before I start any lesson.I have learned never to see any challange as a stumble block but any oppitunity to learn.As far as management goes every person tried their udmost best to meet company requirements.The challenging part of my job was concerns were raised but never met.What made my job enjoyable was knowing you can make a difference in a young childs life who is being educated on things that impact their lives long term.
meeting new people everyday you can impact positively.
No sucsession plan long term
when you educate a participants on how to stay negative you give her all the information and the participant seroconvert after some months you built the relationship with her/him it is so difficult and hurting to deliver the news to that person.
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 17 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation?26 people answered
- What are some tips for doing well in interview?12 people answered
- Is it a must to knw your status( hiv)8 people answered
- What are the perks offered by Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation?5 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation?3 people answered
- What are the working hours at Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation?2 people answered
- If you were to leave Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, what would be the reason?2 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation?One person answered
- What should you wear to an interview at Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation?One person answered
- How to get a job in desmon t tutu/One person answered
See all questions and answers