Dick Smith
3,9 out of 5 stars.

Dick Smith Employee Reviews

This place has been liquidated so it no longer operates in Australia or NZ. There is a website with the same nae but has no affiliation with the physical store.
Great company and very good leadership. Assisted in getting products at the pricing needed to compete. KPI's achieved and never a question about commission being paid. Always on time and the correct amount.
My main responsibility was in sales, but I also looked after customer orders and repairs. I maintained the audio visual department setting up displays for promotions.
Answering inbound calls from customers. Making outbound calls to customers. Looking up information to help resolve customer queries. Helping manager with stock ordering
The typical day was the same as every other day, one which I looked forward to. Work was easy and I always did what was expected of me. I enjoyed working with my colleagues as they were like minded and of similar age.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Customers thieving (prevalent in location)
Driving cars to deliver or pick up from other dealers or auctions. a relaxed work place culture getting enough hours on a weekly basis easy going and stress free
Pros
set own hours
Cons
not enough hours some weeks
Proper training was promised but never given. Area manager was barely present. Senior employees would constantly snipe customers at the register in order to pad their own sales numbers and commission totals despite the amount of effort given by the original sales person to secure the sale. Hours were long and uneventful, largely spent cleaning.
When I was working with Dick smith electronic it was the most enjoyable job. Many things I learned their. It was the real good workplace. Management good.
I used to mix shift and each every shift were quite fun to work wit a team which was ore like family to me. Everyone used to look after each others in a professional manner. I learnt a lot of Professional skills which include sales technique, customer service, complaint, transection handling, Team work, technical aspects. Management was always there to reward hard work hence the reason I was Assistant manger with in the year of joining.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Company was very productive, they brought so many new ideas to improve the results. Learned so many things like timely manner,target based work and how to deal with the issue.
Typical work day *Start all demo products ready customer interaction *Allocate staff jobs and daily sales targets *Review head office communications and action *Serve customer and assist with purchases through out the day. *Make sure store standards are meet. *End of day closure, make sure all staff hours are signed off and all end of day procedures are completed. What I Learned *Exceptional customer service *Time Management Skills *Dispute resolution Managment I had a great Area manager who was very supportive and gave me the support and helped me develop my management skills. Workplace culture We had a great culture of honesty and trust amongst the staff which created a great place to work. The hardest part of the job was not having the correct stock or we where sold out of something a customer needed as we where a rural store it took longer for delivery's The most enjoyable part of the job was great customer feedback, when you made their life easier..
Pros
Great working environment (staff)
Cons
Unhappy customers
You'll learn a lot about how computers work and the requirements you need in order to fix them if they go wrong. Make sure that you are prepared to fix the tiniest problems in store as well.
Pros
Working with computers and learning about them.
Cons
Faulty wiring systems may discourage you.
In 2012 I had work experience placement with Dick Smith Electronics. I was tasked with re-stocking shelves and cleaning. I was eager to get tasks done.I learned there was more than just doing a job. At the time I had very little knowledge of the products they sold.The hardest part was trying not to be distracted by background music.What I enjoyed about the experience was that I was kept busy.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
The work was good, Knew what I was talking about. The team I was working with were very nice and friendly. There were always some weird customers but I always controlled it.
Pros
Loving what i did
Cons
Wasn't much to do when it wasn't busy
One of my best jobs I've ever had up until now I do regret the day that the company was announced in liquidation. if the company was to launch all over again I will put my self in any position I get offered
Pros
Best management
This Company no longer trades,I was the Area Supervisor for the Greater Dandenong region.My duties were varied and a day to day description started off checking balance sheets from the previous week,setting sales goal for staff for the month,Training
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
At times I never took breaks, being the supervisor you are on the go constantly
Good retail company and has a good pay in overall. Weekend work has the highest pay. Good management and friendly people (some). Relax environment. The hardest part has to sell some items, the company went bankrupt, and lot theft.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Passei quase 4 anos na Dick Smith Electronics Ltd como assistente de vendas e tinha um grande numero de clientes que mantive ao longo desses anos. Aprendi a negociar efetivamente e concluir as vendas de maneira eficiente de modo que fui uma das únicas funcionarias a fechar as metas de venda e conseguir a esperada comissão todos os meses, todos os anos. A equipe era muito unida e sempre ajudávamos uns aos outros nos dias difíceis e longos (como véspera de Natal e comemorações). A empresa australiana que tinha cerca de 350 lojas no pais de origem e Nova Zelândia teve o fechamento em Janeiro de 2016 e assim foi concluída minha jornada com a Dick Smith.
Pros
Equipe unida
Cons
Salario razoavel
A conducive and positive work environment with friendly colleagues and excellent management. Opportunities to engage with a wide variety of people and situations as well as develop strong interpersonal skills.
Great team atmosphere but now just a memory. Worked in all aspects of sales and service and delivered customers the best advice in a friendly manner on a daily basis.
Sale of Electronic components and Electrical products, I was the Expert in Audio Visual in South Australia for over 15 years. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction between sales staff and Customers, helping Customers get the correct product for their needs. The worst was the Unfortunate demise of the company.
  1. Employee Reviews