Diebold Nixdorf

Diebold Nixdorf Employee Reviews

South Africa23 reviews
4,0
usually is work, that need more person who is capable to come with ideas, and reach minimum, of work which you been, given you work as individual mostly you work alone far away from office job, which is you and the machine and you need to configure the system for yourself.
5,0
The management care about their workers life and safety. The environment is amazing, lot of opportunities for growth. Perfect place for career growth.
1,0
Team work , communication skills, troubleshooting, diagnosing, maintaining and fixing ATM components. Soldering using soldering irons and voltage adjustment with multimeter.
5,0
When I started at in 1998 to 2015 we worked 40 hours a week.... then South Africa went into recession and Diebold SA increased our working hours to 45 hrs a week which ment that our family time and balance life style come and end. We were not paid overtime for Saturday working anymore it has become part of our working week without an increase in salary. ...
3,0
This company is big and has potential to do better in terms of staff retention. The structure is rather flat and there is no room for growth. The company has great benefits and it’s staff compliment consists of young employees. The company is based In Randburg
Pros
Employee shares that are received annually in January
Cons
Flat structure lack of growth
3,0
Statistical data analysing. Mine data from primary and secondary sources Clean and prune data to discard irrelevant information Analyze and interpret results using standard statistical tools and techniques Pinpoint trends, correlations and patterns in complicated data sets Identify new opportunities for process improvement Provide concise data reports and clear data visualizations for management Design, create and maintain relational databases and data systems Triage code problems and data-related issues Extracting, transforming and putting data sets from various sources. Creating predictive models, coding methods for monitoring models Communicating findings to staff
3,0
Its a good working environment. Great people to work with. You need to be a hard thinker and a quick thinker to work in this environment. We work peacefully
4,0
it was nice working at Diebold nixdorf and they always look after their employees.they also always willing to help others even after hours.and also good benefits from the company.
Pros
taking us to lunch
Cons
overtime paid
5,0
Diebold Nixdorf SA always strives to service the banks by repairing the bank ATM machines at the right time in the best way possible. They do this by providing parts that are used to repair these machines and sending repair engineers to sites at the right time in order to meet their required service level agreements with the banks.The sitting plan is also open plan and this allows communication. Celebrates success if they sell ATM machines to banks. All head of department have weekly meetings to brief each other of what is going on in their departments
3,0
I learned a lot of things The people are friendly Open plan set up Mentors are very encouraging Safe space to work and grow Loyal employees Benefits for permanents are good
3,0
I was given a very large workload to deal with after my first couple of months at Diebold which required me to work long hours to reach my deadlines. I supervised two employees which was new to me and grew as a person . I enjoyed this part of my job the most. I found management were not hands on and I found the lack of communication hard. My fellow workers were very friendly which helped a lot. I found that in my 1 year tenure there was not a lot of talk by management on workplace culture. The emphasis was on getting the work done.
Pros
Very generous salary and benefits
Cons
Extremely long and pressurized working hours
5,0
Diebold Nixdorf is an excellent company to work for.....it has good benefits as well good working hours Though it may get hectic the pressure is manageable
Pros
Petrol and Cellphone Allowances
3,0
The first place where i work completing my in service training Fun and productive day at work Always reaching my target I worked at Diebold as an workshop electronic technician. I had a great mentor that helped me read schematic drawing and using electronic equipment. It was challenging working for the first time with in an ATM industry, but i manage and excel with my work.
2,0
I loved what I did and the clients I looked after. In the time I was at Diebold it had a number of Managing Directors which caused instability as their stay was very limited. The reasons they left were not disclosed. The culture in the workplace was dictatorial and free thinking was not encouraged. The general feeling among staff was that there was a barrier between management and employees which did not allow for adequate communication - there was a top down approach. There were quite a number of unhappy staff and staff resignations in a short period of time. There were no exit interviews done either which is a cause for concern. Accountability and ownership was not something that the staff bought into. There were very few structures and very little that enhanced the staff in terms of advancements in career growth.
Pros
Staff were pleasant
Cons
Leadership was non existant
5,0
A typical day at work, is to ensure that the machines coming in and out are tracked and must be in good working order. Ensuring that the banks are happy with the quality of the machines leaving the warehouse and are installed with no issues. The hardest part of the job was to ensure the amount required for atm units are available and in a 100% working condition. Management began to change to often and was not stable.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
rules keep changing
3,0
liaising with Diebold atm technicians and atm custodians times to meet at affected atm sites. liaising with Telkom technicians and atm technicians and atm custodian to meet at the affected atm .Attending daily meetings with Standard bank Atm management and networks on outstanding atms that weren't fixed and give daily reports. Getting atms back online as soon as possible.Escalate affected atms and give feedback to atm call centre staff. Co-workers was great.
Pros
Getting atms online
Cons
not getting atms online within aggreed time
4,0
i realy loved this company they made me wanted to do the it they allowed us to do it on atm. that time we where given training and automatically clicked we use to go to different site each day
Pros
oppertunity
Cons
contract
3,0
Travelling to different sites nationally to Upgrade ATM’s for Standard bank, adding HDD, RAM, check faulty hardware, inspection, upgrading the Software and configure them. Using Windows XP and Windows 7
Pros
na
Cons
na
4,0
at my previous work. it was a fast pace and high energy, every morning started with schedule check ups , roasters and routes/ sites. i would check up on all field techs as there was one in every province, then i would have to then,make sure all service entities were on the schedule and on time. it was then followed by constant up dates and reporting to management. and solving any issues that might arise . where its faulty parts to misinformed branch managers,to late techs or cash centers or even lost personnel. conflict resolution and quick thinking became a part of every day. i learn t to deal with various entities at the same time. and with different personalities and different levels of management.. hardest part of the job was making sure the costs were kept low as there was traveling an accom that also had to be planned. the routes had to be planned in a very cost effective manner with little to no cris crossing. i had 12 technicians to deal with at all times. two different banking sectors ( cash center an branches) to telkom service center. and then its to make sure all get along as to speak. the best part of that job was that i got to push my self and was able to use every skill i had to make things work, and i also met alot of different people. my project manager gave me as to say free raine as long as the work was done properly. i worked in an environment that was out of my comfort zone. and i loved it. down fall of the whole thing was, it was on a contract basis .
Pros
expanded my abilities and lernt a lot.
Cons
contaract basis
3,0
I enjoy everyday at work, the most interesting thing is that you do not know what to expect on the next day, its mostly entirely dependent on the Testers. I love the fact that i create something that behaves the way i want it to. and obviously that joy of being able to resolve a problem I have learned how to deal with pressure and to be productive
Pros
Being acknowledged for the hardwork you have done
4,0
I have enjoyed every moment working in this company. The staff and management share the same goals. We all working towards the same goals and everyone understands their roles.