Discovery

Discovery

Discovery Employee Review

the team work and spirit

my job starts at 07:45 when i log on to my computer. from 08:00 the phone starts to ring, emails come in and i have to be at my best presentable mood at all times. i get an average of 60 calls a day and i respond to about 30 emails in a pool of over 1000 per hour. what i enjoy the most is changing the perception of our clients who are willing to change their medical aid because of lack of information and product understanding. i enjoy educating and convincing they to stay with us. what i do not like about my job is being stuck in my chair for 8 hours. i want a more challenging role that is going to take me out of the offince thus servicing my clients in their own comfort zone. my day ends at 16:30 and sometimes in hour or two later depending on the complexity of the queries i had during the day. i don't sleep well at night when i have unfinnished inquiries.

Pros

the branding, free lunches and out door activities

Cons

being stuck indoors the whole shift

Same role

Its a great company to work for

Its a great company to work for. There's room for growth, especially in the Sandton head office. It gets hectic depending on which time of the month it is. First week and the last week of the month is usually busy. The hardest part of the job is dealing with an irate client, as some do not even want to give you a chance to speak. I enjoy interacting with kind clients, it makes it all worthwhile.

Pros

fun workplace

Cons

no 13th cheque
Same role

Productive and great work vibe

Working at the call centre in the Life department was great fun and i enjoyed going to work. I think what made it great was the people that i worked with, we all lived up to the discovery values and that bought out the best in us and that reflected in the end result.

Pros

Team building

Cons

Angry clients being tranferred to the wrong department.
Same location

Very social work place

Start every day with a cup of coffee or tea. I have learned alot about customer service and new computer systems. Very well managed and loyal Take your religion serious and take family very serious.

Pros

Free coffee and tea

Cons

They do not have flexible tea times for example, computer generated time is given, if you do not take as laid out and you get busy with a client that tea time expires

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Discovery
  • the team work and spirit
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?