Discovery
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Discovery Employee Reviews

The best company to work for. I got along with colleagues and enjoyed my work. Management was not bad though they had their favourites. But all in all not a bad company to work for.
Pros
Team building
Cons
Lot of work
It was a great opportunity that I could not afford to give up. Their team.. The head office, the managers and the shareholders share great interests to new and upcoming events and projects,... They Seem to have proper ethics, and values,.. So, I'd stick to them.... And a
Pros
Fast
Cons
Slow
Good company but alot of work ..you need to work extra hard to achieve what you want which is good for you to develop yourself as a person discovery also coaches Nd gives great opportunities
Working at Discovery simulations. Your typical day starts at 08:30 with a morning brief of who you'll be calling for the day and we start working at 09:00. with a 15minutes tea break and an hour lunch at 12:00.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Working for Discovery is amazing theres a lot of benefits and theres a lot of growth within the company. There are so many trainings that you can do and go on.
challenging environment where everyone ultimately wins Learnt new challenging technologies via complex projects and collaborating with various teams. Hardest is working on tight deadlines.
It was good working for Discovery as they put their trust in they employees where you have experience or not they give you a chance to proof your self
Start every day with a cup of coffee or tea. I have learned alot about customer service and new computer systems. Very well managed and loyal Take your religion serious and take family very serious.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
They do not have flexible tea times for example, computer generated time is given, if you do not take as laid out and you get busy with a client that tea time expires
Discovery South Africa is a good company to work for. I learned so much about the insurance industry. Met many people. Working hours are good. Salary packages are not so bad
Pros
Working hours are good
Cons
Stress
received not a salary , very stressful time. Took a decision to teach and then travel .Di d how ever made targets was not easy . Great full I went in to teaching Discovery was direct selling of life cover and no leads were provided
Pros
Cons
uncertainty
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Discovery?
Discovery is a great place to learn and grow. With always being leaders in the market Discovery is where you want to be. Take the time to understand the nature of Discovery business and how it truly works, not what everyone says. Because there are people who are really benefiting from it and loves it but others who dont.
Pros
Big strong company
Cons
Not family orientated
I work in Discovery SA managing the entire team for card testing being a card specialist use variety of tools for automation and testing good management
Dealing with member's and assisting them with allocating their fitness points. I learned the importance of a person's health and how one can improve their fitness.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Sometimes they are not upfront with employees
Acting as a Financial Adviser for Discovery health and Insure specialist i generate new business building your own Book and acting out intermediary services dealing with claims and queries on a daily basis
Pros
medical aid, provident fund, pention, life cover
Cons
strict commission base
Busy, I learn different and new things everyday, Management is great, The hardest part of my job is to fit all my tasks into one day because everything is urgent, Most enjoyable thing is making new friends and having a laugh over a cup of coffee.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Company is a beautiful building with everything you could need inside the building.manager is a bit mean and rude but otherwise I enjoyed working there.my Co workers are fun hard working people.
Pros
The building had everything you could need in it
Cons
The managers attitude
The project i did was to assist with a backlog of emails.It was very tough and challenging but at the end of it we finished before the set time which was an achievement.The culture is very formal and very business like.
Pros
Vitality healthy eating
Cons
Room for growth is stiff
very flexible and have learn tolerance to diversity. Management was very helpful. Convincing clients to take covers. Presentation was fun part.THE COMPANY was very fun to work for with attractive perks and bonuses.
Pros
Flexible and vibrant workplace
Cons
Fun company to work for. The culture between employees and management is great, there is a support structure. benefits are also good, doctor on site, shuttle from and to work available.
Never should have left my broker practice to become a tide agent for Discovery , Cost me a lot - financially and health wise . Really did not enjoy the experience .
Pros
good insentives
Cons
can earn good money if all goes well
Its a great company to work for. There's room for growth, especially in the Sandton head office. It gets hectic depending on which time of the month it is. First week and the last week of the month is usually busy. The hardest part of the job is dealing with an irate client, as some do not even want to give you a chance to speak. I enjoy interacting with kind clients, it makes it all worthwhile.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
no 13th cheque
  1. Employee Reviews