Discovery
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Discovery Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

3,8Work-Life Balance

challenging environment where everyone ultimately wins Learnt new challenging technologies via complex projects and collaborating with various teams. Hardest is working on tight deadlines.

Commission based only

received not a salary , very stressful time. Took a decision to teach and then travel .Di d how ever made targets was not easy . Great full I went in to teaching Discovery was direct selling of life cover and no leads were provided

Pros

Cons

uncertainty

Exciting environment to work in

Dealing with member's and assisting them with allocating their fitness points. I learned the importance of a person's health and how one can improve their fitness.

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Sometimes they are not upfront with employees

Learning at its best

The project i did was to assist with a backlog of emails.It was very tough and challenging but at the end of it we finished before the set time which was an achievement.The culture is very formal and very business like.

Pros

Vitality healthy eating

Cons

Room for growth is stiff

did not enjoy working for commission

Never should have left my broker practice to become a tide agent for Discovery , Cost me a lot - financially and health wise . Really did not enjoy the experience .

Pros

good insentives

Cons

can earn good money if all goes well

Exciting and challenging

Innovative and inspiring work environment with a large employee component resulting in competitiveness. Launch time is a high pressure period - hours

Pros

Greater insight on product

Cons

Pressurised environment

productive

great company to work for, product is of the best in the world. management team is focused .core value is always nr 1 Protect and enhancpeoples lives

Pros

making lots of money

Day within Discovery

Great company to work for due to the values and ethics posed on a daily basis. Management handles situations well and simultaneously are good listeners. Always open to suggestions and very considerate when it comes to ones personal life and work balance. The team I work for would definitely be the most enjoyable part of the job as they make the surrounding atmosphere one of that which you want to be a part of. Typical day can vary from being extremely busy to more laid back and this is all due to the business we bring in and the way we handle our resources. Utilization of resources is critical and when used correctly, allow for a more smooth running of operations and thus success.

Pros

Consider personal life important

Cons

minimal benefits

Great company

I love Discovery. As a financial advisor, you work on commission only. The industry is tough, but if you want to be in the industry, Discovery is the place to be.

Pros

Excellent training

Cons

Commission only

Enjoyable workplace

Talking to potential clients. Management are supportive. Learned how to think on my feet. Co workers are great. Hardest part about the job are lapses Enjoyable part my time is my own.

Pros

Massive earning potential

Cons

Lapses

Good company to work for

Good opportunities and benefits offered. Impossible daily targets Not easy to get incentives due to the high targets Work hours ok, co-workers ok. Used to move around offices a lot. Team building and team synergy encouraged. Lovely offices.

Pros

Medical Aid

Cons

High targets, unreachable

workplace

if i could i would still work for this co. the team spirit was one of a kind AND i learnt a lot about the strength of a team in any company

Pros

teamwork

Cons

department closed down

good people and work enviroment

The management is OK.Discovery people are fun people to work with.Knocking off early the was the funnest part of working t Discovery.

Pros

free tea and coffee

Cons

temporary job

Fun enviroment

Transfering calls meeting people Giving people Information that they want to know about Discovery. I enyoyed the enviroment very much I got to learn alot of things in the company.

Exciting and stressful

This position is commission based so it is stressful when it comes to not having a stable income however, it is exciting when you present to clients, there is a nice culture within the company and the company is dynamic.

Pros

Commission structure

Cons

No basic or benefits

Encouraging Energetic environment

Day begins by veiwing your days tasks. Listed according to priority client queries/ needs e.g (card collections or deliveries to platinum clients - out of the normal courier process) Visit required franchises to train or update brokers of product enhancements or processes. Meet with Franchise Directors to review performance, discuss better ways to support a growing business bith ways. Detaailed feedback on the presentation session to be provided - Admin and MI updates. Toughest paart of the job is ensuring to meet ALL customer and Platinum brokers expectations as they are of high demand. this has however pushed be beyond my comfort zone and aided me in personal growth

Pros

Performance incentivised

Cons

Could loose track of time

productive and an exciting workplace

I loved working at Discovery. Although it was short lived, it was fun, ad it taught me certain skills and open my eyes to the corporate world. The building was so convenient, as it had everything, as well as healthy lunch options.

Pros

I was able to gain work experience

Cons

long hours and low pay (as I was just starting out)

Productivity and Nice co-workers

Typical day at work would busy with most people minding their own busy and pushing productivity, nice working environment that allows you to excel in your daily task, Important lesson learned is to always take my work serous no matte how small or little the task is. co-workers are very friendly people easy to work with helpful at all times. Management difficult as always but ensuring that every single one of us is productive. Most difficult part of the job would be when management compromises the business rule to accommodate other brokers -while I have emphasized the rule to the broker or broker consultant.

Pros

Cons

Overtime ( weekends)

productive fun and welcoming environment

we get to work in the morning and first thing we do,we log on to the system and ensure that all previous day queries are dealt with an there is no outstanding communication or documents due to clients. i learned customer care and how to manage people and a difficult situation. generally co-workers were most of the time reasonably professional. the hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult clients and reaching targets due to working under pressure of time.the environment was so good, there was a lot of fun activities to take your mind off pressure.

A day at work

A typical day at work would involve queries, strategy, planning and patience. Each day I learn about people and their behavior, in addition I learn that our products and services are more complex than we think. I have a good relationship with people and tend to maintain this relationship and this makes others want to be with me and managed by me. The hardest part of my job is not being able to make all decisions as alot of these decisions need to be made by exco. I love my job, I have the ability to help others and teach them.

Pros

Teaching, educating and helping others.

Cons

Decision making.

Would recommend this Company as a place to work anytime

Exceptional Company to work for. I have been fortunate to work under great managers and team leaders here at Discovery.

Pros

Prosperity - Good Management

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1