Discovery
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Discovery Employee Reviews in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape

3,8Work-Life Balance

Very social work place

Start every day with a cup of coffee or tea. I have learned alot about customer service and new computer systems. Very well managed and loyal Take your religion serious and take family very serious.

Pros

Free coffee and tea

Cons

They do not have flexible tea times for example, computer generated time is given, if you do not take as laid out and you get busy with a client that tea time expires

Always learning something new

PA to Financial advisor and promoted to Office Manager. Supervising staff, teaching them the work to be done. Acting as private Secretary to the advisor as well. Typing up salary slips. Monitoring leave taken. Monitoring commission paid to advisor. Doing quotes for Life and Medical aid policies. Answering telephone queries and emails.

Pros

Using their computers and not having to provide your own.

Cons

Difficult clients sometimes

the team work and spirit

my job starts at 07:45 when i log on to my computer. from 08:00 the phone starts to ring, emails come in and i have to be at my best presentable mood at all times. i get an average of 60 calls a day and i respond to about 30 emails in a pool of over 1000 per hour. what i enjoy the most is changing the perception of our clients who are willing to change their medical aid because of lack of information and product understanding. i enjoy educating and convincing they to stay with us. what i do not like about my job is being stuck in my chair for 8 hours. i want a more challenging role that is going to take me out of the offince thus servicing my clients in their own comfort zone. my day ends at 16:30 and sometimes in hour or two later depending on the complexity of the queries i had during the day. i don't sleep well at night when i have unfinnished inquiries.

Pros

the branding, free lunches and out door activities

Cons

being stuck indoors the whole shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1