Discovery
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Discovery Employee Reviews in Sandton, Gauteng

3,8Work-Life Balance

Productive and fun

The best company to work for. I got along with colleagues and enjoyed my work. Management was not bad though they had their favourites. But all in all not a bad company to work for.

Pros

Team building

Cons

Lot of work

Working at Discovery simulations. Your typical day starts at 08:30 with a morning brief of who you'll be calling for the day and we start working at 09:00. with a 15minutes tea break and an hour lunch at 12:00.

Pros

non

Cons

non

Business Consultant

Discovery is a great place to learn and grow. With always being leaders in the market Discovery is where you want to be. Take the time to understand the nature of Discovery business and how it truly works, not what everyone says. Because there are people who are really benefiting from it and loves it but others who dont.

Pros

Big strong company

Cons

Not family orientated

Excellent place to work

I work in Discovery SA managing the entire team for card testing being a card specialist use variety of tools for automation and testing good management

Very productive

Company is a beautiful building with everything you could need inside the building.manager is a bit mean and rude but otherwise I enjoyed working there.my Co workers are fun hard working people.

Pros

The building had everything you could need in it

Cons

The managers attitude

very flexible

very flexible and have learn tolerance to diversity. Management was very helpful. Convincing clients to take covers. Presentation was fun part.THE COMPANY was very fun to work for with attractive perks and bonuses.

Pros

Flexible and vibrant workplace

Productive Workplace

It's is a very relaxed environment where by you are expected to achieve your target on a day to day basis Management does help where necessary and they try to push the team

Pros

Na

Cons

Long Hours

Love the people and the enviroment

Learned to deal with lots of experienced and qualified people love discovery its a lovely place to work at and i would like another opportunity to work there again

Pros

Hard working

Cons

Working longer shift

Marketing

A typical day at work entails calling of clients and marketing Discovery Life, Invest, Health, Insure. I have learned how to manage clients at different levels as well as how to make the most of leads provided by maximizing the conversion of the leads.

Good culture

Discovery has a lot of training and development of staff. Good working hours and sufficient support from management. Overall a good company to work for.

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Discovery?

Productive, Growth and Opportunities

1. A typical day at work Frequent communication updates to be implemented immediately. 2. What I learned Self responsibility and keeping to the SLA. 3. Management Up-skill their teams by taking them for training and monitoring the growth of employees. 4. The hardest part of the job Keeping up with the required target and quality averaging 85% - 95%. 5. The most enjoyable part of the job Incentives, Leaving early and recognition for doing well.

Pros

Free Lunches, Incentives and Team Trips

fun and competitive enviroment

Discovery has a calm yet competitive environment. It teaches a lot about accountability and the need to perform well. It often has sales drives which are aimed at improving performance and being ahead. Management is strict yet highly approachable Colleagues are well focused and strive to team work

Pros

Incentives

A great career path

I started out at Discovery as a call centre agent. I was given the tools to grow, and I was encouraged to grow. I progressed through to a senior management role with excellent support from my teams and managers. It is a great place to work, and I enjoyed my tenure there.

Pros

Growth and support

Productive and challenging

Flexible working hours mainly early birds My strengths and weaknesses how to deal with various characters in a professional manner Devoted to their jobs A really great group of people High staff turnover inadequately resourced The interactions with co-workers and client

Good company

good company to work for overall it s a good place to work I learnt a lot in this role Good people to work with Good environment to work in

Good culture

Busiest at the beginning of the month,work load manageable and deadline are met.Is a very good company to work for, good culture and the teams work together to achieve one goal.Friendly and hardworking employees.The hardest part of the job was to depend on other people to get your information , enjoyed having team building functions or trips with my colleagues.

Pros

Team build trips

Cons

Flexible hours

Very Challenging work place.

Workings hours on average is 9 hours a day. Target and quality driven environment with quick turn around times for investigations and enquiries. Planning and organizing of work is extremely important. Selling yourself, your expertise and knowledge to the different Departments and to keep their confidence is difficult but challenging. Consistent progress feedback is of the utmost importance. Training of employees in other Departments of your capabilities as fraud specialist, winning their confidence and identification of fraud and/or red flags indicating potential fraud, keeping them informed of the latest trends and is very important. Keep the Departments satisfied with your product. The best part of the job is the freedom to do what you do best, with minimum interference from Management.

Pros

Job security and satisfaction.

Cons

Office politics, favouritism.

Excellent company

The management team is very supportive and go out of their way to make it enjoyable for the employees. My co-workers are also very supportive and it feels like a family.

Productive and serious environment

Need to be articulate Show complete dedication Team player Great customer service Keep regular feedback for clients and management

Pros

Incentives

Productive and Fun workplace

i love the culture within discovery or i wouldnt have stayed so many years with them. however i would like something fresh, close to home and just completely new to me.

Promising Oppertunity

Large corporate environment where one has great independence with personal responsibility to deliver and meet targets. Very helpful colleagues. Understanding seniors. Definitely a promising opportunity to get experience and grow in financial system development. Although tasks as a junior are somewhat boring. Being underestimated by not being handed larger and more interesting projects. However it is expected in a large corporation as a junior.

Pros

Growth

Cons

Boring tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1