Discovery
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Discovery Employee Reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Productive and fun

The best company to work for. I got along with colleagues and enjoyed my work. Management was not bad though they had their favourites. But all in all not a bad company to work for.

Pros

Team building

Cons

Lot of work

Could've been.. FOR, a big CO. Like this, things were pretty unorganized.

It was a great opportunity that I could not afford to give up. Their team.. The head office, the managers and the shareholders share great interests to new and upcoming events and projects,... They Seem to have proper ethics, and values,.. So, I'd stick to them.... And a

Pros

Fast

Cons

Slow

Good company

Good company but alot of work ..you need to work extra hard to achieve what you want which is good for you to develop yourself as a person discovery also coaches Nd gives great opportunities

Working at Discovery simulations. Your typical day starts at 08:30 with a morning brief of who you'll be calling for the day and we start working at 09:00. with a 15minutes tea break and an hour lunch at 12:00.

Pros

non

Cons

non

Discovery is good

Working for Discovery is amazing theres a lot of benefits and theres a lot of growth within the company. There are so many trainings that you can do and go on.

challenging environment where everyone ultimately wins Learnt new challenging technologies via complex projects and collaborating with various teams. Hardest is working on tight deadlines.

Excellent

It was good working for Discovery as they put their trust in they employees where you have experience or not they give you a chance to proof your self

Very social work place

Start every day with a cup of coffee or tea. I have learned alot about customer service and new computer systems. Very well managed and loyal Take your religion serious and take family very serious.

Pros

Free coffee and tea

Cons

They do not have flexible tea times for example, computer generated time is given, if you do not take as laid out and you get busy with a client that tea time expires

Discovery South Africa is a good company to work for. I learned so much about the insurance industry. Met many people. Working hours are good. Salary packages are not so bad

Pros

Working hours are good

Cons

Stress

Commission based only

received not a salary , very stressful time. Took a decision to teach and then travel .Di d how ever made targets was not easy . Great full I went in to teaching Discovery was direct selling of life cover and no leads were provided

Pros

Cons

uncertainty

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Discovery?

Business Consultant

Discovery is a great place to learn and grow. With always being leaders in the market Discovery is where you want to be. Take the time to understand the nature of Discovery business and how it truly works, not what everyone says. Because there are people who are really benefiting from it and loves it but others who dont.

Pros

Big strong company

Cons

Not family orientated

Excellent place to work

I work in Discovery SA managing the entire team for card testing being a card specialist use variety of tools for automation and testing good management

Exciting environment to work in

Dealing with member's and assisting them with allocating their fitness points. I learned the importance of a person's health and how one can improve their fitness.

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Sometimes they are not upfront with employees

Financial advisor

Acting as a Financial Adviser for Discovery health and Insure specialist i generate new business building your own Book and acting out intermediary services dealing with claims and queries on a daily basis

Pros

medical aid, provident fund, pention, life cover

Cons

strict commission base

Busy, I learn different and new things everyday, Management is great, The hardest part of my job is to fit all my tasks into one day because everything is urgent, Most enjoyable thing is making new friends and having a laugh over a cup of coffee.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Long Hours

Very productive

Company is a beautiful building with everything you could need inside the building.manager is a bit mean and rude but otherwise I enjoyed working there.my Co workers are fun hard working people.

Pros

The building had everything you could need in it

Cons

The managers attitude

Learning at its best

The project i did was to assist with a backlog of emails.It was very tough and challenging but at the end of it we finished before the set time which was an achievement.The culture is very formal and very business like.

Pros

Vitality healthy eating

Cons

Room for growth is stiff

very flexible

very flexible and have learn tolerance to diversity. Management was very helpful. Convincing clients to take covers. Presentation was fun part.THE COMPANY was very fun to work for with attractive perks and bonuses.

Pros

Flexible and vibrant workplace

fun workplace

Fun company to work for. The culture between employees and management is great, there is a support structure. benefits are also good, doctor on site, shuttle from and to work available.

did not enjoy working for commission

Never should have left my broker practice to become a tide agent for Discovery , Cost me a lot - financially and health wise . Really did not enjoy the experience .

Pros

good insentives

Cons

can earn good money if all goes well

Its a great company to work for

Its a great company to work for. There's room for growth, especially in the Sandton head office. It gets hectic depending on which time of the month it is. First week and the last week of the month is usually busy. The hardest part of the job is dealing with an irate client, as some do not even want to give you a chance to speak. I enjoy interacting with kind clients, it makes it all worthwhile.

Pros

fun workplace

Cons

no 13th cheque

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1