Discovery

Discovery Culture reviews

Clear
3,8Work-Life Balance
3,9Culture

challenging environment where everyone ultimately wins Learnt new challenging technologies via complex projects and collaborating with various teams. Hardest is working on tight deadlines.

Exciting environment to work in

Dealing with member's and assisting them with allocating their fitness points. I learned the importance of a person's health and how one can improve their fitness.

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Sometimes they are not upfront with employees

Busy, I learn different and new things everyday, Management is great, The hardest part of my job is to fit all my tasks into one day because everything is urgent, Most enjoyable thing is making new friends and having a laugh over a cup of coffee.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Long Hours

Very productive

Company is a beautiful building with everything you could need inside the building.manager is a bit mean and rude but otherwise I enjoyed working there.my Co workers are fun hard working people.

Pros

The building had everything you could need in it

Cons

The managers attitude

Learning at its best

The project i did was to assist with a backlog of emails.It was very tough and challenging but at the end of it we finished before the set time which was an achievement.The culture is very formal and very business like.

Pros

Vitality healthy eating

Cons

Room for growth is stiff

fun workplace

Fun company to work for. The culture between employees and management is great, there is a support structure. benefits are also good, doctor on site, shuttle from and to work available.

Productive Workplace

It's is a very relaxed environment where by you are expected to achieve your target on a day to day basis Management does help where necessary and they try to push the team

Pros

Na

Cons

Long Hours

Love the people and the enviroment

Learned to deal with lots of experienced and qualified people love discovery its a lovely place to work at and i would like another opportunity to work there again

Pros

Hard working

Cons

Working longer shift

Exciting and challenging

Innovative and inspiring work environment with a large employee component resulting in competitiveness. Launch time is a high pressure period - hours

Pros

Greater insight on product

Cons

Pressurised environment

Productive, Growth and Opportunities

1. A typical day at work Frequent communication updates to be implemented immediately. 2. What I learned Self responsibility and keeping to the SLA. 3. Management Up-skill their teams by taking them for training and monitoring the growth of employees. 4. The hardest part of the job Keeping up with the required target and quality averaging 85% - 95%. 5. The most enjoyable part of the job Incentives, Leaving early and recognition for doing well.

Pros

Free Lunches, Incentives and Team Trips

Professional

Being able to determine your own standard of living in the sales environment was exciting despite challenging. This instilled in me reslience in achieving my goals in any circumstance. I learnt not to give up. The environment remained friendly and professional whilst encouraging growth.

fun and competitive enviroment

Discovery has a calm yet competitive environment. It teaches a lot about accountability and the need to perform well. It often has sales drives which are aimed at improving performance and being ahead. Management is strict yet highly approachable Colleagues are well focused and strive to team work

Pros

Incentives

A great career path

I started out at Discovery as a call centre agent. I was given the tools to grow, and I was encouraged to grow. I progressed through to a senior management role with excellent support from my teams and managers. It is a great place to work, and I enjoyed my tenure there.

Pros

Growth and support

fun work place

the most enjoyable part of my work was that i use to meet alot of new people and my team and i were out on the road most of the time and we could go to all areas

Pros

my team and i use to get free lunch when we were out off the office

Cons

no cons i use to work 8 to 5

Good culture

Busiest at the beginning of the month,work load manageable and deadline are met.Is a very good company to work for, good culture and the teams work together to achieve one goal.Friendly and hardworking employees.The hardest part of the job was to depend on other people to get your information , enjoyed having team building functions or trips with my colleagues.

Pros

Team build trips

Cons

Flexible hours

Very Challenging work place.

Workings hours on average is 9 hours a day. Target and quality driven environment with quick turn around times for investigations and enquiries. Planning and organizing of work is extremely important. Selling yourself, your expertise and knowledge to the different Departments and to keep their confidence is difficult but challenging. Consistent progress feedback is of the utmost importance. Training of employees in other Departments of your capabilities as fraud specialist, winning their confidence and identification of fraud and/or red flags indicating potential fraud, keeping them informed of the latest trends and is very important. Keep the Departments satisfied with your product. The best part of the job is the freedom to do what you do best, with minimum interference from Management.

Pros

Job security and satisfaction.

Cons

Office politics, favouritism.

Enjoyable workplace

Talking to potential clients. Management are supportive. Learned how to think on my feet. Co workers are great. Hardest part about the job are lapses Enjoyable part my time is my own.

Pros

Massive earning potential

Cons

Lapses

Good company to work for

Good opportunities and benefits offered. Impossible daily targets Not easy to get incentives due to the high targets Work hours ok, co-workers ok. Used to move around offices a lot. Team building and team synergy encouraged. Lovely offices.

Pros

Medical Aid

Cons

High targets, unreachable

Excellent company

The management team is very supportive and go out of their way to make it enjoyable for the employees. My co-workers are also very supportive and it feels like a family.

Productive and serious environment

Need to be articulate Show complete dedication Team player Great customer service Keep regular feedback for clients and management

Pros

Incentives

workplace

if i could i would still work for this co. the team spirit was one of a kind AND i learnt a lot about the strength of a team in any company

Pros

teamwork

Cons

department closed down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1