Discovery

Clear
3,8Work-Life Balance
3,6Job Security & Advancement

Good company

Good company but alot of work ..you need to work extra hard to achieve what you want which is good for you to develop yourself as a person discovery also coaches Nd gives great opportunities

Discovery is good

Working for Discovery is amazing theres a lot of benefits and theres a lot of growth within the company. There are so many trainings that you can do and go on.

Learning at its best

The project i did was to assist with a backlog of emails.It was very tough and challenging but at the end of it we finished before the set time which was an achievement.The culture is very formal and very business like.

Pros

Vitality healthy eating

Cons

Room for growth is stiff

fun workplace

Fun company to work for. The culture between employees and management is great, there is a support structure. benefits are also good, doctor on site, shuttle from and to work available.

did not enjoy working for commission

Never should have left my broker practice to become a tide agent for Discovery , Cost me a lot - financially and health wise . Really did not enjoy the experience .

Pros

good insentives

Cons

can earn good money if all goes well

Love the people and the enviroment

Learned to deal with lots of experienced and qualified people love discovery its a lovely place to work at and i would like another opportunity to work there again

Pros

Hard working

Cons

Working longer shift

Efficient. Smart. Professional.

Innovative Company to work for. Management more like team work. Professional. Creative thinking. Training provided frequently to improve oneself in the working enviroment.

Very good company to work for

Brilliant opportunities and really looking after employee's. Massive training and industry contacts. Also a very good company to enter at any professional level.

Pros

Lots of education, opportunity

Cons

Big company red tape

Good culture

Discovery has a lot of training and development of staff. Good working hours and sufficient support from management. Overall a good company to work for.

Fun workplace

They encourage creativity and an innovative company. It is really fun to work for the company and the managers allow the staff to raise concerns with them if they have any without judging them.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Different time zones with other countries that we work with

A great career path

I started out at Discovery as a call centre agent. I was given the tools to grow, and I was encouraged to grow. I progressed through to a senior management role with excellent support from my teams and managers. It is a great place to work, and I enjoyed my tenure there.

Pros

Growth and support

Great company

I love Discovery. As a financial advisor, you work on commission only. The industry is tough, but if you want to be in the industry, Discovery is the place to be.

Pros

Excellent training

Cons

Commission only

Educational

My co- workers were very pleasant, friendly and helpful. As I was new to the industry they were always willing to assist.

Pros

Good working hours

Cons

Temporary position

Very Challenging work place.

Workings hours on average is 9 hours a day. Target and quality driven environment with quick turn around times for investigations and enquiries. Planning and organizing of work is extremely important. Selling yourself, your expertise and knowledge to the different Departments and to keep their confidence is difficult but challenging. Consistent progress feedback is of the utmost importance. Training of employees in other Departments of your capabilities as fraud specialist, winning their confidence and identification of fraud and/or red flags indicating potential fraud, keeping them informed of the latest trends and is very important. Keep the Departments satisfied with your product. The best part of the job is the freedom to do what you do best, with minimum interference from Management.

Pros

Job security and satisfaction.

Cons

Office politics, favouritism.

innovative fun work place

days are always different at Discovery lots of learning.i really enjoyed my job and the people i worked with have gained a vast amount of knowledge for which i will always be thankful for

Pros

great work culture

Cons

no cons

place for high excellence

good company to work for , high standards required a fast growing company taking over the health, invest , and car insurance sector

Excellent Company

This was my very first company to work at- lovely people - I learned a lot and started my career at Wits...what an awesome company- learned a lot.

Good place to work and learn new stuff,

Work is always challenging at discovery,nice environment Friendly and experienced people with Product knowledge Flexible working hours

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Productive and Fun workplace

i love the culture within discovery or i wouldnt have stayed so many years with them. however i would like something fresh, close to home and just completely new to me.

Exciting and stressful

This position is commission based so it is stressful when it comes to not having a stable income however, it is exciting when you present to clients, there is a nice culture within the company and the company is dynamic.

Pros

Commission structure

Cons

No basic or benefits

Promising Oppertunity

Large corporate environment where one has great independence with personal responsibility to deliver and meet targets. Very helpful colleagues. Understanding seniors. Definitely a promising opportunity to get experience and grow in financial system development. Although tasks as a junior are somewhat boring. Being underestimated by not being handed larger and more interesting projects. However it is expected in a large corporation as a junior.

Pros

Growth

Cons

Boring tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1