Discovery

Clear
3,8Work-Life Balance
3,6Management

Productive and fun

The best company to work for. I got along with colleagues and enjoyed my work. Management was not bad though they had their favourites. But all in all not a bad company to work for.

Pros

Team building

Cons

Lot of work

Excellent

It was good working for Discovery as they put their trust in they employees where you have experience or not they give you a chance to proof your self

Excellent place to work

I work in Discovery SA managing the entire team for card testing being a card specialist use variety of tools for automation and testing good management

Busy, I learn different and new things everyday, Management is great, The hardest part of my job is to fit all my tasks into one day because everything is urgent, Most enjoyable thing is making new friends and having a laugh over a cup of coffee.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Long Hours

very flexible

very flexible and have learn tolerance to diversity. Management was very helpful. Convincing clients to take covers. Presentation was fun part.THE COMPANY was very fun to work for with attractive perks and bonuses.

Pros

Flexible and vibrant workplace

fun workplace

Fun company to work for. The culture between employees and management is great, there is a support structure. benefits are also good, doctor on site, shuttle from and to work available.

Productive Workplace

It's is a very relaxed environment where by you are expected to achieve your target on a day to day basis Management does help where necessary and they try to push the team

Pros

Na

Cons

Long Hours

Efficient. Smart. Professional.

Innovative Company to work for. Management more like team work. Professional. Creative thinking. Training provided frequently to improve oneself in the working enviroment.

productive

great company to work for, product is of the best in the world. management team is focused .core value is always nr 1 Protect and enhancpeoples lives

Pros

making lots of money

Day within Discovery

Great company to work for due to the values and ethics posed on a daily basis. Management handles situations well and simultaneously are good listeners. Always open to suggestions and very considerate when it comes to ones personal life and work balance. The team I work for would definitely be the most enjoyable part of the job as they make the surrounding atmosphere one of that which you want to be a part of. Typical day can vary from being extremely busy to more laid back and this is all due to the business we bring in and the way we handle our resources. Utilization of resources is critical and when used correctly, allow for a more smooth running of operations and thus success.

Pros

Consider personal life important

Cons

minimal benefits

reaching target and having braai end of the mionth

Discovery its one of he most chilled place to work for and very calm and small organization. We all know each other here but a bit of flop with the management as they do not really care more for their stuff. It is really not the best company to work for.

Pros

We do not get free launches

Cons

8 to 6 but it is paid paid over

Good culture

Discovery has a lot of training and development of staff. Good working hours and sufficient support from management. Overall a good company to work for.

Productive, Growth and Opportunities

1. A typical day at work Frequent communication updates to be implemented immediately. 2. What I learned Self responsibility and keeping to the SLA. 3. Management Up-skill their teams by taking them for training and monitoring the growth of employees. 4. The hardest part of the job Keeping up with the required target and quality averaging 85% - 95%. 5. The most enjoyable part of the job Incentives, Leaving early and recognition for doing well.

Pros

Free Lunches, Incentives and Team Trips

fun and competitive enviroment

Discovery has a calm yet competitive environment. It teaches a lot about accountability and the need to perform well. It often has sales drives which are aimed at improving performance and being ahead. Management is strict yet highly approachable Colleagues are well focused and strive to team work

Pros

Incentives

A great career path

I started out at Discovery as a call centre agent. I was given the tools to grow, and I was encouraged to grow. I progressed through to a senior management role with excellent support from my teams and managers. It is a great place to work, and I enjoyed my tenure there.

Pros

Growth and support

productive and fun enviroment

come into office, log on go through my emails after 10oclock have breakfast. work productively till lunch time. come back and enjoy the last few works working. ive learned to work solely with customers, management via mails productively. management is very much helpful throughout any situation my most enjoyable part of my job is learning how different people work through the same thing completely different to mine and learning from it.

Pros

no one stands on you back for anything.

Cons

food prices are little pricey

Very Challenging work place.

Workings hours on average is 9 hours a day. Target and quality driven environment with quick turn around times for investigations and enquiries. Planning and organizing of work is extremely important. Selling yourself, your expertise and knowledge to the different Departments and to keep their confidence is difficult but challenging. Consistent progress feedback is of the utmost importance. Training of employees in other Departments of your capabilities as fraud specialist, winning their confidence and identification of fraud and/or red flags indicating potential fraud, keeping them informed of the latest trends and is very important. Keep the Departments satisfied with your product. The best part of the job is the freedom to do what you do best, with minimum interference from Management.

Pros

Job security and satisfaction.

Cons

Office politics, favouritism.

Enjoyable workplace

Talking to potential clients. Management are supportive. Learned how to think on my feet. Co workers are great. Hardest part about the job are lapses Enjoyable part my time is my own.

Pros

Massive earning potential

Cons

Lapses

Excellent company

The management team is very supportive and go out of their way to make it enjoyable for the employees. My co-workers are also very supportive and it feels like a family.

Productive and serious environment

Need to be articulate Show complete dedication Team player Great customer service Keep regular feedback for clients and management

Pros

Incentives

Cons

good people and work enviroment

The management is OK.Discovery people are fun people to work with.Knocking off early the was the funnest part of working t Discovery.

Pros

free tea and coffee

Cons

temporary job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1