Discovery

Clear
3,8Work-Life Balance
3,4Pay & Benefits

Discovery is good

Working for Discovery is amazing theres a lot of benefits and theres a lot of growth within the company. There are so many trainings that you can do and go on.

Very social work place

Start every day with a cup of coffee or tea. I have learned alot about customer service and new computer systems. Very well managed and loyal Take your religion serious and take family very serious.

Pros

Free coffee and tea

Cons

They do not have flexible tea times for example, computer generated time is given, if you do not take as laid out and you get busy with a client that tea time expires

Discovery South Africa is a good company to work for. I learned so much about the insurance industry. Met many people. Working hours are good. Salary packages are not so bad

Pros

Working hours are good

Cons

Stress

Commission based only

received not a salary , very stressful time. Took a decision to teach and then travel .Di d how ever made targets was not easy . Great full I went in to teaching Discovery was direct selling of life cover and no leads were provided

Pros

Cons

uncertainty

fun workplace

Fun company to work for. The culture between employees and management is great, there is a support structure. benefits are also good, doctor on site, shuttle from and to work available.

did not enjoy working for commission

Never should have left my broker practice to become a tide agent for Discovery , Cost me a lot - financially and health wise . Really did not enjoy the experience .

Pros

good insentives

Cons

can earn good money if all goes well

pruductive

i have learn how to deal with different people,to resolve problems and to follow up in clients. when i come here i didn't know about insurance and now i am an expert. discovery is good insurance company with lots of opportunities, we care for our clients and supply with a good customer services

Pros

free lunch

Cons

normal hours

Day within Discovery

Great company to work for due to the values and ethics posed on a daily basis. Management handles situations well and simultaneously are good listeners. Always open to suggestions and very considerate when it comes to ones personal life and work balance. The team I work for would definitely be the most enjoyable part of the job as they make the surrounding atmosphere one of that which you want to be a part of. Typical day can vary from being extremely busy to more laid back and this is all due to the business we bring in and the way we handle our resources. Utilization of resources is critical and when used correctly, allow for a more smooth running of operations and thus success.

Pros

Consider personal life important

Cons

minimal benefits

reaching target and having braai end of the mionth

Discovery its one of he most chilled place to work for and very calm and small organization. We all know each other here but a bit of flop with the management as they do not really care more for their stuff. It is really not the best company to work for.

Pros

We do not get free launches

Cons

8 to 6 but it is paid paid over

Fun workplace

They encourage creativity and an innovative company. It is really fun to work for the company and the managers allow the staff to raise concerns with them if they have any without judging them.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Different time zones with other countries that we work with

Always learning something new

PA to Financial advisor and promoted to Office Manager. Supervising staff, teaching them the work to be done. Acting as private Secretary to the advisor as well. Typing up salary slips. Monitoring leave taken. Monitoring commission paid to advisor. Doing quotes for Life and Medical aid policies. Answering telephone queries and emails.

Pros

Using their computers and not having to provide your own.

Cons

Difficult clients sometimes

Good company to work for

Good opportunities and benefits offered. Impossible daily targets Not easy to get incentives due to the high targets Work hours ok, co-workers ok. Used to move around offices a lot. Team building and team synergy encouraged. Lovely offices.

Pros

Medical Aid

Cons

High targets, unreachable

place for high excellence

good company to work for , high standards required a fast growing company taking over the health, invest , and car insurance sector

Exciting and stressful

This position is commission based so it is stressful when it comes to not having a stable income however, it is exciting when you present to clients, there is a nice culture within the company and the company is dynamic.

Pros

Commission structure

Cons

No basic or benefits

just good

its a good job but i would love to try something new they find it difficult to pay us when its a month end we always have to fight to get anything from them

productive and an exciting workplace

I loved working at Discovery. Although it was short lived, it was fun, ad it taught me certain skills and open my eyes to the corporate world. The building was so convenient, as it had everything, as well as healthy lunch options.

Pros

I was able to gain work experience

Cons

long hours and low pay (as I was just starting out)

Great employees.

Discovery has taught me to be more responsible in terms of my work, to always strive for excellence and always exceed customers. The organization prides itself in Excellent service delivery to customers. A typical day at work would include reconciling accounts and maintaining relations with internal and external clients(brokers). My co-workers are the best, Discovery always hires great people however I feel that Management is more customer oriented and thus tend to ignore employees. I feel that they could do a lot better in terms of salaries/benefits.

Pros

Challenging

Cons

Long hours and poor salaries

not fun

we worked long hours. it was not fun working there. one had to work in their own time, I didn't get along with my co-workers. the management was poor. Actually it was a different culture for me.

Pros

working in your own time

Cons

Travelling

Cooporate social responsibility

We went to a home to assit during the induction week, made gardens

Pros

free waters and caps

Cons

no food

Productive and fun place to work at

it has not all been good and fun but i guess, we are always learning everyday working with different people and meeting new people. at the moment i am working under a great manager.

Pros

no overtime

Cons

working hours (uk hours)