Discovery

Discovery Work-Life Balance reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & Benefits

Good company

Good company but alot of work ..you need to work extra hard to achieve what you want which is good for you to develop yourself as a person discovery also coaches Nd gives great opportunities

Working at Discovery simulations. Your typical day starts at 08:30 with a morning brief of who you'll be calling for the day and we start working at 09:00. with a 15minutes tea break and an hour lunch at 12:00.

Pros

non

Cons

non

Discovery is good

Working for Discovery is amazing theres a lot of benefits and theres a lot of growth within the company. There are so many trainings that you can do and go on.

Business Consultant

Discovery is a great place to learn and grow. With always being leaders in the market Discovery is where you want to be. Take the time to understand the nature of Discovery business and how it truly works, not what everyone says. Because there are people who are really benefiting from it and loves it but others who dont.

Pros

Big strong company

Cons

Not family orientated

Busy, I learn different and new things everyday, Management is great, The hardest part of my job is to fit all my tasks into one day because everything is urgent, Most enjoyable thing is making new friends and having a laugh over a cup of coffee.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Long Hours

Learning at its best

The project i did was to assist with a backlog of emails.It was very tough and challenging but at the end of it we finished before the set time which was an achievement.The culture is very formal and very business like.

Pros

Vitality healthy eating

Cons

Room for growth is stiff

Its a great company to work for

Its a great company to work for. There's room for growth, especially in the Sandton head office. It gets hectic depending on which time of the month it is. First week and the last week of the month is usually busy. The hardest part of the job is dealing with an irate client, as some do not even want to give you a chance to speak. I enjoy interacting with kind clients, it makes it all worthwhile.

Pros

fun workplace

Cons

no 13th cheque

Productive Workplace

It's is a very relaxed environment where by you are expected to achieve your target on a day to day basis Management does help where necessary and they try to push the team

Pros

Na

Cons

Long Hours

Very good company to work for

Brilliant opportunities and really looking after employee's. Massive training and industry contacts. Also a very good company to enter at any professional level.

Pros

Lots of education, opportunity

Cons

Big company red tape

productive

great company to work for, product is of the best in the world. management team is focused .core value is always nr 1 Protect and enhancpeoples lives

Pros

making lots of money

Cons

reaching target and having braai end of the mionth

Discovery its one of he most chilled place to work for and very calm and small organization. We all know each other here but a bit of flop with the management as they do not really care more for their stuff. It is really not the best company to work for.

Pros

We do not get free launches

Cons

8 to 6 but it is paid paid over

Good culture

Discovery has a lot of training and development of staff. Good working hours and sufficient support from management. Overall a good company to work for.

Productive, Growth and Opportunities

1. A typical day at work Frequent communication updates to be implemented immediately. 2. What I learned Self responsibility and keeping to the SLA. 3. Management Up-skill their teams by taking them for training and monitoring the growth of employees. 4. The hardest part of the job Keeping up with the required target and quality averaging 85% - 95%. 5. The most enjoyable part of the job Incentives, Leaving early and recognition for doing well.

Pros

Free Lunches, Incentives and Team Trips

fun and competitive enviroment

Discovery has a calm yet competitive environment. It teaches a lot about accountability and the need to perform well. It often has sales drives which are aimed at improving performance and being ahead. Management is strict yet highly approachable Colleagues are well focused and strive to team work

Pros

Incentives

Fun workplace

They encourage creativity and an innovative company. It is really fun to work for the company and the managers allow the staff to raise concerns with them if they have any without judging them.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Different time zones with other countries that we work with

Productive and challenging

Flexible working hours mainly early birds My strengths and weaknesses how to deal with various characters in a professional manner Devoted to their jobs A really great group of people High staff turnover inadequately resourced The interactions with co-workers and client

productive and fun enviroment

come into office, log on go through my emails after 10oclock have breakfast. work productively till lunch time. come back and enjoy the last few works working. ive learned to work solely with customers, management via mails productively. management is very much helpful throughout any situation my most enjoyable part of my job is learning how different people work through the same thing completely different to mine and learning from it.

Pros

no one stands on you back for anything.

Cons

food prices are little pricey

Productive and serious environment

Need to be articulate Show complete dedication Team player Great customer service Keep regular feedback for clients and management

Pros

Incentives

place for high excellence

good company to work for , high standards required a fast growing company taking over the health, invest , and car insurance sector

Fun enviroment

Transfering calls meeting people Giving people Information that they want to know about Discovery. I enyoyed the enviroment very much I got to learn alot of things in the company.

Productive and Fun workplace

i love the culture within discovery or i wouldnt have stayed so many years with them. however i would like something fresh, close to home and just completely new to me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Discovery