Discovery
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Discovery Employee Reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Productive and fun

The best company to work for. I got along with colleagues and enjoyed my work. Management was not bad though they had their favourites. But all in all not a bad company to work for.

Pros

Team building

Cons

Lot of work

Productive Workplace

It's is a very relaxed environment where by you are expected to achieve your target on a day to day basis Management does help where necessary and they try to push the team

Pros

Na

Cons

Long Hours

Love the people and the enviroment

Learned to deal with lots of experienced and qualified people love discovery its a lovely place to work at and i would like another opportunity to work there again

Pros

Hard working

Cons

Working longer shift

Efficient. Smart. Professional.

Innovative Company to work for. Management more like team work. Professional. Creative thinking. Training provided frequently to improve oneself in the working enviroment.

pruductive

i have learn how to deal with different people,to resolve problems and to follow up in clients. when i come here i didn't know about insurance and now i am an expert. discovery is good insurance company with lots of opportunities, we care for our clients and supply with a good customer services

Pros

free lunch

Cons

normal hours

Very good company to work for

Brilliant opportunities and really looking after employee's. Massive training and industry contacts. Also a very good company to enter at any professional level.

Pros

Lots of education, opportunity

Cons

Big company red tape

Marketing

A typical day at work entails calling of clients and marketing Discovery Life, Invest, Health, Insure. I have learned how to manage clients at different levels as well as how to make the most of leads provided by maximizing the conversion of the leads.

Exciting and challenging

Innovative and inspiring work environment with a large employee component resulting in competitiveness. Launch time is a high pressure period - hours

Pros

Greater insight on product

Cons

Pressurised environment

productive

great company to work for, product is of the best in the world. management team is focused .core value is always nr 1 Protect and enhancpeoples lives

Pros

making lots of money

Day within Discovery

Great company to work for due to the values and ethics posed on a daily basis. Management handles situations well and simultaneously are good listeners. Always open to suggestions and very considerate when it comes to ones personal life and work balance. The team I work for would definitely be the most enjoyable part of the job as they make the surrounding atmosphere one of that which you want to be a part of. Typical day can vary from being extremely busy to more laid back and this is all due to the business we bring in and the way we handle our resources. Utilization of resources is critical and when used correctly, allow for a more smooth running of operations and thus success.

Pros

Consider personal life important

Cons

minimal benefits

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Discovery?

reaching target and having braai end of the mionth

Discovery its one of he most chilled place to work for and very calm and small organization. We all know each other here but a bit of flop with the management as they do not really care more for their stuff. It is really not the best company to work for.

Pros

We do not get free launches

Cons

8 to 6 but it is paid paid over

Good culture

Discovery has a lot of training and development of staff. Good working hours and sufficient support from management. Overall a good company to work for.

Productive, Growth and Opportunities

1. A typical day at work Frequent communication updates to be implemented immediately. 2. What I learned Self responsibility and keeping to the SLA. 3. Management Up-skill their teams by taking them for training and monitoring the growth of employees. 4. The hardest part of the job Keeping up with the required target and quality averaging 85% - 95%. 5. The most enjoyable part of the job Incentives, Leaving early and recognition for doing well.

Pros

Free Lunches, Incentives and Team Trips

Professional

Being able to determine your own standard of living in the sales environment was exciting despite challenging. This instilled in me reslience in achieving my goals in any circumstance. I learnt not to give up. The environment remained friendly and professional whilst encouraging growth.

fun and competitive enviroment

Discovery has a calm yet competitive environment. It teaches a lot about accountability and the need to perform well. It often has sales drives which are aimed at improving performance and being ahead. Management is strict yet highly approachable Colleagues are well focused and strive to team work

Pros

Incentives

Fun workplace

They encourage creativity and an innovative company. It is really fun to work for the company and the managers allow the staff to raise concerns with them if they have any without judging them.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Different time zones with other countries that we work with

A great career path

I started out at Discovery as a call centre agent. I was given the tools to grow, and I was encouraged to grow. I progressed through to a senior management role with excellent support from my teams and managers. It is a great place to work, and I enjoyed my tenure there.

Pros

Growth and support

fun work place

the most enjoyable part of my work was that i use to meet alot of new people and my team and i were out on the road most of the time and we could go to all areas

Pros

my team and i use to get free lunch when we were out off the office

Cons

no cons i use to work 8 to 5

Great company

I love Discovery. As a financial advisor, you work on commission only. The industry is tough, but if you want to be in the industry, Discovery is the place to be.

Pros

Excellent training

Cons

Commission only

Always learning something new

PA to Financial advisor and promoted to Office Manager. Supervising staff, teaching them the work to be done. Acting as private Secretary to the advisor as well. Typing up salary slips. Monitoring leave taken. Monitoring commission paid to advisor. Doing quotes for Life and Medical aid policies. Answering telephone queries and emails.

Pros

Using their computers and not having to provide your own.

Cons

Difficult clients sometimes

Productive and challenging

Flexible working hours mainly early birds My strengths and weaknesses how to deal with various characters in a professional manner Devoted to their jobs A really great group of people High staff turnover inadequately resourced The interactions with co-workers and client

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1