Discovery
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Discovery Employee Reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Productive and fun

The best company to work for. I got along with colleagues and enjoyed my work. Management was not bad though they had their favourites. But all in all not a bad company to work for.

Pros

Team building

Cons

Lot of work

productive and fun enviroment

come into office, log on go through my emails after 10oclock have breakfast. work productively till lunch time. come back and enjoy the last few works working. ive learned to work solely with customers, management via mails productively. management is very much helpful throughout any situation my most enjoyable part of my job is learning how different people work through the same thing completely different to mine and learning from it.

Pros

no one stands on you back for anything.

Cons

food prices are little pricey

Good company

good company to work for overall it s a good place to work I learnt a lot in this role Good people to work with Good environment to work in

Good culture

Busiest at the beginning of the month,work load manageable and deadline are met.Is a very good company to work for, good culture and the teams work together to achieve one goal.Friendly and hardworking employees.The hardest part of the job was to depend on other people to get your information , enjoyed having team building functions or trips with my colleagues.

Pros

Team build trips

Cons

Flexible hours

Educational

My co- workers were very pleasant, friendly and helpful. As I was new to the industry they were always willing to assist.

Pros

Good working hours

Cons

Temporary position

productive and fun

its a days work but you get to meet new people and sell different products. more products you sell the more you learn about it.

Pros

non

Cons

non

Very Challenging work place.

Workings hours on average is 9 hours a day. Target and quality driven environment with quick turn around times for investigations and enquiries. Planning and organizing of work is extremely important. Selling yourself, your expertise and knowledge to the different Departments and to keep their confidence is difficult but challenging. Consistent progress feedback is of the utmost importance. Training of employees in other Departments of your capabilities as fraud specialist, winning their confidence and identification of fraud and/or red flags indicating potential fraud, keeping them informed of the latest trends and is very important. Keep the Departments satisfied with your product. The best part of the job is the freedom to do what you do best, with minimum interference from Management.

Pros

Job security and satisfaction.

Cons

Office politics, favouritism.

Enjoyable workplace

Talking to potential clients. Management are supportive. Learned how to think on my feet. Co workers are great. Hardest part about the job are lapses Enjoyable part my time is my own.

Pros

Massive earning potential

Cons

Lapses

Good company to work for

Good opportunities and benefits offered. Impossible daily targets Not easy to get incentives due to the high targets Work hours ok, co-workers ok. Used to move around offices a lot. Team building and team synergy encouraged. Lovely offices.

Pros

Medical Aid

Cons

High targets, unreachable

Excellent company

The management team is very supportive and go out of their way to make it enjoyable for the employees. My co-workers are also very supportive and it feels like a family.

Productive and serious environment

Need to be articulate Show complete dedication Team player Great customer service Keep regular feedback for clients and management

Pros

Incentives

workplace

if i could i would still work for this co. the team spirit was one of a kind AND i learnt a lot about the strength of a team in any company

Pros

teamwork

Cons

department closed down

good people and work enviroment

The management is OK.Discovery people are fun people to work with.Knocking off early the was the funnest part of working t Discovery.

Pros

free tea and coffee

Cons

temporary job

innovative fun work place

days are always different at Discovery lots of learning.i really enjoyed my job and the people i worked with have gained a vast amount of knowledge for which i will always be thankful for

Pros

great work culture

Cons

no cons

place for high excellence

good company to work for , high standards required a fast growing company taking over the health, invest , and car insurance sector

Fun enviroment

Transfering calls meeting people Giving people Information that they want to know about Discovery. I enyoyed the enviroment very much I got to learn alot of things in the company.

Excellent Company

This was my very first company to work at- lovely people - I learned a lot and started my career at Wits...what an awesome company- learned a lot.

Good place to work and learn new stuff,

Work is always challenging at discovery,nice environment Friendly and experienced people with Product knowledge Flexible working hours

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Productive and Fun workplace

i love the culture within discovery or i wouldnt have stayed so many years with them. however i would like something fresh, close to home and just completely new to me.

Controlling, unhappy and stressful environment and quick staff turnover

Emotionally draining, stressful and unhappy. How to deal with clients Unsatisfied, controlling and emotionally abusive There is a very quick staff turnover, but the staff that I have had the opportunity to get to know were very pleasant The emotional abuse and the fact that the Boss is never satisfied and a total control freak, I have never worked in this type of environment Knocking off in the afternoon at normal knock off time

Pros

No pros

Cons

Working till 8 or 10 at night without appreciation

Exciting and stressful

This position is commission based so it is stressful when it comes to not having a stable income however, it is exciting when you present to clients, there is a nice culture within the company and the company is dynamic.

Pros

Commission structure

Cons

No basic or benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Discovery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1