Discovery Health

Discovery Health Employee Reviews

South Africa241 reviews
5,0
The job was great but the manager was not a nice person at all. She believed that people are disposable and she preffered only females in the team. It was a strange time.
Pros
The work is great
Cons
Certain individuals can push agenda without recourse.
4,0
Great learning experience however you work very hard for your money, even work through your lunches and breaks. Chances of advancement are alot as long as you put in the effort.
Pros
Great experience, exposure
Cons
Salary not much, long hours
5,0
Best working environment, had very good training and fair system. Enjoyed the people. If you work hard you can promote quickly in the company. They help you to learn more and keep on educating staff
5,0
I value my years at Discovery. Great company, great people and never a dull day. The fast pace, innovative and rewarding environment is by far the best place to work.
4,0
The incentive structure means you can earn a bonus every single month, so you basically write your own paycheck. Enjoyed working there, even though the promotion structure was a bit suspect....
Pros
Write your own Salary
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement
3,0
The management don't have faith in their own teams.
No growth.

No transparency.

It is not vibrant.

There's no 13th cheque.

The management needs proper training.
5,0
Amazing company. Great people. Stressful but yet relaxed environment. The shifts are great as well. there are still some unanswered questions. However I'm sure we will receive some feedback shorty.
5,0
I wish to be paid well and better benefits. Medical aid and pension fund should be also given to employees.basic salary is too small and can not even cover basic needs.
4,0
Easy paced environment and a relaxed place of work. Management is also easy to approach in dire times of need ]which is also an advantage whenever we need issues to be discussed
5,0
Discovery Health Customer Services is a tough work environment that challenges one everyday. The nature of the business that we service is rather sensitive and thus it not like any other customer service center. However each consultant is trained thoroughly over a period of 6 weeks or more, depending on the position, before they ever interact with a customer. The learning is constant as the benefits and products are also constantly changing.
3,0
Great people... Management and higher needs help. Not for the people. No benefits. Staff are amazing. Management has more benefits.. you have to pay for your own mefical aid...really
1,0
Commission only people earn 800 but still expected to pay medical aid. Agents buy sales from other departments , they pay people to give them leads.co
Pros
Training is amazing
Cons
Alot of fraud with in the call center
5,0
discovery health has lots of opportunities to grow,their culture is innovation,work smart and honesty and loyalty,
the environment is a relaxing one ,with lots of activities to ease stress and facilities that make working there convenient
5,0
The management style was very good, young and exciting culture, the hardest part of the job was contractibility of clients, I enjoy team building and staff competitions
Pros
Training and coaching
Cons
Late coming
4,0
The work environment is condusive, and their training is intense. They have good facilities. I like the style of management they had. Have wellness..
5,0
I love the culture and promotion prospects at Discovery. I love the fact that the job challenges me daily. You get to learn and grow constantly as queries differ.
5,0
Disovery is a great company to work for,it has excellent benefits and many growth opportunities,employees are treated fairly with dignity and equally.

I have nothing negative to say about discovery because it is an exceptional company to work for.
3,0
Decent place to work. Lots to learn. Traffic is tough and work life balance is challenging to achieve. Management and leadership could be much better.
4,0
It was very important to know your products as you would get different scenarios on a daily basis.
Management was very strict

Enjoyable part of the job was when getting an award
Pros
Incentives
4,0
It is a good place to work and they only grow internally................
Good work ethic.

Everyone likes helping where they can.

Fast past environment
1,0
Very stressful environment. No way to move or get promoted because the process is not fair and biased. Tls have their favorites and if they don't like they take it out on you. We are really over worked and under paid. They don't see and stress us out. They don't care about their employees at Durban