Discovery Health

Discovery Health Pay & Benefits reviews

4,0
Great learning experience however you work very hard for your money, even work through your lunches and breaks. Chances of advancement are alot as long as you put in the effort.
Pros
Great experience, exposure
Cons
Salary not much, long hours
4,0
The incentive structure means you can earn a bonus every single month, so you basically write your own paycheck. Enjoyed working there, even though the promotion structure was a bit suspect....
Pros
Write your own Salary
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement
5,0
I wish to be paid well and better benefits. Medical aid and pension fund should be also given to employees.basic salary is too small and can not even cover basic needs.
5,0
Discovery Health Customer Services is a tough work environment that challenges one everyday. The nature of the business that we service is rather sensitive and thus it not like any other customer service center. However each consultant is trained thoroughly over a period of 6 weeks or more, depending on the position, before they ever interact with a customer. The learning is constant as the benefits and products are also constantly changing.
3,0
Great people... Management and higher needs help. Not for the people. No benefits. Staff are amazing. Management has more benefits.. you have to pay for your own mefical aid...really
1,0
Commission only people earn 800 but still expected to pay medical aid. Agents buy sales from other departments , they pay people to give them leads.co
Pros
Training is amazing
Cons
Alot of fraud with in the call center
5,0
Disovery is a great company to work for,it has excellent benefits and many growth opportunities,employees are treated fairly with dignity and equally. I have nothing negative to say about discovery because it is an exceptional company to work for.
5,0
I have learned alot during my time at Discovery Health. My team and the department I worked in was great. My knowledge regarding the medical industry has grown alot.
4,0
Discovery health offers high job security and their salary offerings are very high. They have a team culture which promotes team work and excellence. Generally a wonderful place to work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Discovery Health?
5,0
it is an amazing place to work at especially you if you are fresh out of school as you learn alot. You grow fast from one department to another as long as you perform and work hard.
Pros
experience
Cons
no bonus
5,0
The best working environment i have ever worked in. The best benefits, management, work ethic, colleagues, success driven and motivated. What an awesome company to work in if you ever get the chance to have been selected.
Pros
Excellent rewards and benefits as well as work ethic.
Cons
Long working hours when busy.
5,0
focus on managing people and customers hardest part is constant change of management great workplace culture enjoy the company benefits enjoy leadership engagement
Pros
great brand with great work culture
5,0
Discovery has a positive management ethos with a vision to be the world's biggest and best provider of risk benefits on a global basis. I have not worked at the head office since I am a broker, but my impression is positive.
Pros
The Vitality wellness program creates a win-win environment.
Cons
Its products tend to be rather complex.
4,0
Discovery was a very fun environment to work in. The team as well as the management were amazing, although I was there for only a short time I had a very lovely time and learnt a lot especially this being my first job in the corporate world.
Pros
Friday were always 'Fun Fridays'
Cons
Occassional Extended working hours
4,0
It's a busty department however the work is mundane. Juggling my day to day tasks can be tricky when there are a lot of escalations coming through during the day. The management has an open door policy.
Cons
No bonuses and benefits
5,0
a very good company to work for, good benefits, awesome people always a way to make extra money, keeps staff motivated but there is no job security you are fired over minor matters
5,0
Discovery from all other Financial institutions strive on the ability to keep each individual healthy,as being the youngest industry is very innovated and moving at a fast pace providing clients with benefits no other institution can offer. i see clients on a daily basis and do not have to be micro-managed as i understand being in an industry that is very target driven productivity is imperative. I learn from the more senior advisers as i take on challengers as we assist each other with the amount of diverse clients we meet and very competitive among ourselves. we strive on having healthy relationships as you never know when you require assistance in the field so there is a certain code of respect and understanding .......i think this applies to every adviser you may find today. management is always able to assist, as an adviser though you become indenpendant and ensure that if something needs to be done , apply yourself,open yourself to new relationships with your back round support and only if you have tried all avenues and were unsuccessful then look for assistance from a management....or maybe that is me and how i prefer not to make excuses,.Rather find a solution. i enjoy the thrill of meeting with clients as not one is the same as the other.I was born for sales, however i feel like my experience in the industry and in sales should allow me to grow as an individual moving up the corporate ladder.
Pros
salary, clients, sales, working at your own time
Cons
commission only based Salary only, for a female who has had 2 children and no UIF benefits this is highly discouraging to me.
5,0
Relaxed environment Deadline driven I enjoyed the flexi hours, They have a strict culture when it comes to deadlines but also have time to socialise with staff.
Pros
good company benefits
Cons
Temporary Position
5,0
Learnt a lot when it comes to work ethic, getting recognition for work well done, Excellent growth opportunity (If Junior Management likes you) Overall I learnt a lot there but I had to go have better rewards elsewhere. Its like Military training, except they send to to battle ill equipped, with the "weak" disappearing, leaving only "McGyvers" who always can make a plan left. That style leads to a lot of bad competition with colleagues. I would recommend working there just to experience proper work pressure. If you can make it there you can make it anywhere.
Pros
Epic Year End Functions, the sorbets.
Cons
Salary, remuneration, money, no 13th cheque. salary, again.
3,0
Your growth is not determined by how good you work, its based on if Management likes the person you are. You need to be a "teachers pet" in order to grow anywhere
Pros
Cons
no benefits
3,0
Good company to work for, just less advancement for the previously disadvantaged. Internal recruitment processes are flawed. Senior Management actually better than Junior management.
Pros
Fun Young Vibrant Company
Cons
No benefits, rude team leaders