Distell

Distell Employee Reviews

Exciting productive workplace

Super exciting job I had, as a sales consultant/rep you manage your work and time. Fun to meet different people on daily basis, with different attitudes and challenges.

Pros

Fringe benefits

Cons

A lot of traveling

Nice work place, the company is very good for me to work

I would like to get the opportunity to work at this company, because I like making promotions. I also like to travel, like to go out of town and go for work. I even like to work during weekends and holidays. I love this work I have a passion for it

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Working under pressure and you must be self motivated, willingness to do extra work and hours, co-operative to fellow employees and problem solving when necessary.

Pros

Own lunch

Cons

Very nice culture and competitive nature.

Everyday was like going to your second home.There is always a need to innovate.Management is very target driven.Respect for the individual is great

Pros

Free Liquor on your birthday and liquor credit every 3 months.

Cons

Production lines have long working hours

Distell is a good company.

One of the best jobs I have had in my life. May it continues to do the best to others.Hours were not a problem, working during the day or night was good.

Very backward autocratic micro management style esp at Springs site.

Company is great place overall the only issue is the Management style at the different sites. Managers have little or no executive experience nor people skills. Culture is very demotivating for staff, no growth opportunities and lots of favoritism. Staff is very demoralized.

Pros

Quarterly alcohol allocation allowance

Cons

Management and salaries no overtime and short pay on salary

Excellent Company

I was very happy at Distell. Open lines of communication. Looked well after employees. Good perks. Treated fairly. Good salaries. Bonus. Great working environment.

Cons

Very good company to work for. Even though there are no opportunities to grow further

I started as a Scanner, got promoted to a Cashier position then got promoted again as Customer Sales Consultant. Then my last position was Warehouse Coordinator

it was nice working for Distell

if I can a chance I will go back and work there it's a nice company to work for great opportunities you can start as general worker up to production manager. in fact I want to go back to Distell

Pros

You work smart not hard

Cons

12hours shift

Productive fun you home away from home

Distell is the best fmcg I had worked for as an intern you went to give it your all as everyone is seen as an equal those you strive for excellence ..Team work is always at the core of everything and career growth is cetain.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Distell?

Pleasant environment

Great place to work. Challenging environment and high level of expectations. Good collaboration across business units, team work and supporting colleagues.

Its a nice company

I had a good career there. It is a very fast paced job experience. I learned what trade is and also chasing targets weekly was very informative. Great company

Workmanship

Distell can improve alot of work stations and it can definitly make more efforts in others ideas , not taking credit for everything. Giving early retirements was not the right thing to do I can make them more money than there making now with new improvements

I was so passionate about my work

I was doing a job that I liked most with a lot of traveling, meeting deadlines of sales is one of the things that I liked about that job but things changed later on.

Productive and fast pace work environment

I worked for a year at Distell, I have learned so much from my colleagues. It is a very fast moving environment and you must do your work very accurate. The culture at Distell was amazing. The hardest part of the job was leaving.

Pros

Free ciders

Cons

Not enough money

I did learn that if work hard is easy, for u to get in too position

LPacking stock, picking orders, keeping store clean, scanning, stacking stock,team building, checking stock, counting stock,I learned that if u Lucerne to your manager and work with him or her u Can go far,

Company restructured and this cause retrenchments/early retirements

Stress full and inconsistent A huge amount of experience in programs, processes and procedures Management changed a few years ago and it brought a lot of changes to the company. Some good some not so good, good/experienced people who worked for the company for years lost their jobs. Years of experience is not important as one would expect. To try and keep your staff motivated if the company made changes without timeous communication to adjust or put processes in place. When targets are reached and staff are happy and celebrating.

Good working environment

Workplace was healthy and safe, their employees were friendly and disciplined, Management was friendly and responsible in their employees.the hardest part of the job was when the part to change the Mode to the nex

Growth of workers

They just over look people who are capable for promotions. Slowing the growth of personnel working for them for many years. They supply good packages with the cost to company for an employee.

Corporate and stressful at times but truly a fun and exciting company to work for

The company is very focused on achieving targets and sometimes forgets about its employees. It use to be very enjoyable to work here but it seems that the pressure from upper management does make sales a bit more stressful. On the other hand, the people do make it enjoyable and fun and it is definitely a company i would recommend if you want to accelerate your career.

Overall this is a great company.

Management must pay attention to its employees especially on certain opi or suggestions they bring. It is a great company to work for they do spot talent when they see one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Distell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Distell
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?