Distell
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Distell Employee Reviews for Controller

Not enough training offered, people are friendly to work with. I learnt that one needs to demand training before taking all responsibility of the job. one needs to learn quickly. Culture is great but at warehouse level, there is no uniform procedure of doing things that get confusing if you new in the game.
Very Stressful from morning to the time you leave Multi tasking and learning to work under pressure Hardly any support from Management Culture - everyone for themselves Working late Satisfying customers
Distell is a very nice company to work for. There is a lot of growth and possibilities of advancing your career it all depends on yourself and how far you want to push yourself
Pros
Birthday packs and liquor benefits
Cons
The workload is too much
I work hard everyday and learn something new each day the hardest part is working 12 hours everyday but im doing it for my wife and kids so each and everyday is worth the hard work
Pros
free lunch time
Cons
12 hours daily
My day starts very early in the mornings, I get to the office at 06:15 am, I prepare all daily pickings and the reports for warehouse. This is too ensure that my office is ready when the warehouse guys arrive. I attend meetings weekly but still have time to chat with other department heads. We are very customer focused. I enjoy the interaction with my staff and other staff within the other departments. I enjoy that we work well together as a team, each department is dependant on each other. The hardest part of this job is probably the travelling from home to work... traffic.
Manufactured ciders daily. Co-workers friendly. The hardest part of the job is getting all the administration work done within the time frame. Exciting/ enjoyable part was working with the employees in the production area.
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Fast paced environment which has taught me to work well under pressure and make decisions quickly supported by fact and being insightful of the potential result and leadership.
Releasing of orders, contacting customers, collections, opening of accounts, age analysis, low dso, legals. Distell is a stable company, peak season is December and holidays where the work load triples.
Pros
stable company, lot of challanges, fast growing
Cons
lots of changes, possable re location of our office
Thanks to Distell ,most of my cellar and production knowledge I have learned through intern courses.eg computer and communication skills.
Pros
Jop satisfatory, liquor benefits
Cons
Correcting other people mistakes.
Very Great company to work for indeed, but there is no element for growth. the opportunities to study are there and that's great but after studying you remain in the same post for quite a number of years, especially in the field I'm currently in - hence I have decided to go study for Public Relations Management
Pros
Development Plan and Company pays for some studies
Cons
no growth - no guarantee bonuses
Working at Distell was very productive and challenging. I was have to operate and make sure that the products manufactured from the machine were of high quality; made adjustments to improve the quality when necessary, to meet the quality standards and customer’s satisfaction. The most hardest part of the job was to work twelve hours every weekdays and sometimes on weekends. But I have learned to work hard, under pressure and solving different problems everyday from the machines. I was getting bonus every year according to my performance and that was most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Excellent and stable company to work for. Brands are world class and employers can proudly take ownership
Controlling and operating of the blending plant and water deminerilising plant .Ensuring the correct running parameter of plant that are achieved . Doing the first line maintance of the plant and the plant daily check –up and Make a daily and weekly plant reports, and mini lab machine calibration, Ensure the correct dosing of the plant chemicals and dry consumable are correctly processed by the plants .Drawning and analysing of the in-process product and water and also of the final product ,preparing the daily plant report and do all reqiured bookings for records purpose. Diong weekly and monthy stock take .
Pros
target meet celebration at our bar
Cons
long hours and sometimes weekends
I can work under pressure and prepared to work shifts, I have good communication skills and I believe in working as a team at all times. I am currently working as a Line Controller at Distell in Port Elizabeth and would like to come back home to Durban, I have conquered all my challenges and the position is the best position because its where I get a chance to guide not only the company but the team as whole to success.
Always looking forward to a long day at work to produce the right product of high quality, in large quantities and in record time. It is the place where one learns the importance of quality and speed as it is one of high speed production. Co-operation is very important between the workers and management, particularly the immediate supervisor or team leader. The hardest part of the job I can say is just having to work long hours which sometimes meaning less time with family but the learning part was the most enjoyable. I used to ask myself when am I going to stop learning because each and every shift you can be sure to learn something new that is very important to the production. The other thing is having to deal with different people with different qualities, which was quite a challenge which needed a well headed person to deal with.
Pros
Free braais and drinks for meeting targets always
Cons
Long hours indeed
when i do a shift hand over, then i must explain the problems i had and wait for an hour to make sure every thing is in place, i enjoy chairing the meeting then i have more time to raise my opinions.
Pros
free lunch when you wait for the shift hand over for an hour and 30mins
Cons
very tens place to work at, its so not w]easy to cope under 12 hours day or night shift
Pros
liqour insentives
Cons
long hours and
one gets paid to do the job but it's the same thing over and over , there are limitations areas which can be very damaging to your skills and abilities.I have learned that the=company wishes to change but the culture of management will stunt the progress.Co-Workers with qualifications get irritable , those who have no qualifications are the ones blocking change.there's no hardest part of the job.nothing is enjoyable the same routine does not excite anything
Pros
free liquor, not a very pleasing benefit