Distell

Distell Employee Reviews for Laboratory Analyst

Laboratory Analyst17 reviews
South Africa17 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Productive and fast pace work environment

I worked for a year at Distell, I have learned so much from my colleagues. It is a very fast moving environment and you must do your work very accurate. The culture at Distell was amazing. The hardest part of the job was leaving.

Pros

Free ciders

Cons

Not enough money

toxic environment

a typical day at work consists of 12.5 hours. there is no work life balance. You don't get to see your children grow up and they make you feel guilty for taking leave. they force you to work overtime and also forces you to work on public holidays. you constantly hear : be grateful you have a job". everyone is miserable and demoralized. the company is run by bullies and there is a scapegoat for everything. no one takes accountability. Blatant favouritism. if they don't like you, forget about promotion. promotion not based on merit.

Leadership does not appreciate its workers

The management is toxic and does not appreciate its workers. The environment is toxic. The management does not appreciate its workers and those who do are oppressed. The hours are long.

Pros

You learn a lot and gain a lot of experience

Cons

Good Employer. Good Company to work for and has great benefits. Great Staff. Great Advancements I have leant a lot for the people and the company.

Poor work life balance, toxic environment and salaries and increases sometimes determined by race or willingness to throw others under the bus

Work distribution was random depending on who is on a work station. People on the same workstation would not perform the same tasks depending on who it is. Favouritism was definitely at play. Hours were so long and there was forced overtime. We were constantly tired and demoralised and management made sure we felt like worthless trash that is being done a favour. We were constantly threatened and abuse of sick leave is very high. Shifts are 12.5 hours long with an hour lunch. Shifts switch from night to day and mess up your body.

Excellent international company in Alcoholic Beverage Market

Very good company marketing well known brands locally as well as overseas. It market products which are enjoyed by customers Internationally according to exacting quality standard

Pros

Very good company benefits

Cons

24 hour production facility occasionally working weekends

From morning meeting giving a previous working day's performance to daily planning of the work. Prepare reports for management and delegate task to the team.

Pros

Personal development

Cons

Dishonesty

Productive & Continuosly Improving Brandcrafters

The company strive for brand perfection and provide first time customer perfection. Up-skilling the staff is of utmost importance Decision making from a QC susceptive is not always easy. Enjoy working with the people on site

Long hours, work culture not too bad

I like my work but long hours are too much (12.5 hours). I have learned a lot in Quality, but there is no growth and new challenges in my work area. I enjoy the team spirit we have.

Cons

Monotonous place with lack of advancing.

A typical day at distell is filled with a lot of work. on basically learns nothing as there is no opportunity to learn from other departments. the management is autocratic and lack managerial skills specifically peoples management skills. the place basically has low moral. the hardest part of the Job is to execute requests without questioning status quo. what I enjoy is that everyone minds their own business.

Very Productive

I led small and large group activities, and implemented appropriate activities. Both experiences also provided me with extensive exposure to the implementation of developmentally appropriate activities and materials. I have leadership skills that came into play in developing others, so that they may be able to delegate effectively. I am able to get the balance right between challenge and support meaning I don’t do things for my subordinates but I coach them to do things for themselves.

Pros

Bonus and Medical aid

Cons

Long Hours

no growth potential

current employer is not suitable for someone the wishes to further his/her career and move up in the company. not all personnel are being treated fairly and most rules does not only apply to managers. do not get recognition for a great job done but get scored on the one thing you did wrong management breaking people self confidence and do not motivate to do better.

Pros

wine quota

Cons

possible shifts

Long working hours but productive work done and challenging

A typical day at work would be the preparation of large volumes of products whilst production is busy running some of the prepared products. Each an every day is exciting and a learning day as you encounter new challenges everyday. Management is not that bad and they show professionalism and good leadership. The hardest part of the job is the long working hours and working public holidays and weekend.

Pros

Overtime pay

Cons

You spend most of your time at work

Distell

Distell Group Limited is an excellent company with visions and changes that consider the well-being of their employees.

Fun and exciting

I have obtained a practical approach to problem solving, a motive and a drive in delivering quality results timeously and efficiently.

stressful

very hactic, long hours and too much pressure. I have learned that you need to treat your employees with respect and value their opinion. management most of them are incompetence and that result in poor decision making. the long hours you have to work without sitting down. the colleagues have a free spirit and very support and they are fun.

Pros

no reward

Cons

Good company to gain experience from

As Distell is the leading company that produce drinks "for everyone to enjoy at any occassion", it provides many opportunities for young ones to partake in. I commend the company for transformation. It is enjoyable to work for such company.

Pros

Free staff order allowance

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Distell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,5 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,4 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,4 out of 5 stars for Management
3,5 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Distell
  • Laboratory Analyst
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?