Distell
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Distell Employee Reviews for Laboratory Analyst

I worked for a year at Distell, I have learned so much from my colleagues. It is a very fast moving environment and you must do your work very accurate. The culture at Distell was amazing. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Pros
Free ciders
Cons
Not enough money
Good Employer. Good Company to work for and has great benefits. Great Staff. Great Advancements I have leant a lot for the people and the company.
Work distribution was random depending on who is on a work station. People on the same workstation would not perform the same tasks depending on who it is. Favouritism was definitely at play. Hours were so long and there was forced overtime. We were constantly tired and demoralised and management made sure we felt like worthless trash that is being done a favour. We were constantly threatened and abuse of sick leave is very high. Shifts are 12.5 hours long with an hour lunch. Shifts switch from night to day and mess up your body.
Very good company marketing well known brands locally as well as overseas. It market products which are enjoyed by customers Internationally according to exacting quality standard
Pros
Very good company benefits
Cons
24 hour production facility occasionally working weekends
From morning meeting giving a previous working day's performance to daily planning of the work. Prepare reports for management and delegate task to the team.
Pros
Personal development
Cons
Dishonesty
The company strive for brand perfection and provide first time customer perfection. Up-skilling the staff is of utmost importance Decision making from a QC susceptive is not always easy. Enjoy working with the people on site
I like my work but long hours are too much (12.5 hours). I have learned a lot in Quality, but there is no growth and new challenges in my work area. I enjoy the team spirit we have.
Cons
A typical day at distell is filled with a lot of work. on basically learns nothing as there is no opportunity to learn from other departments. the management is autocratic and lack managerial skills specifically peoples management skills. the place basically has low moral. the hardest part of the Job is to execute requests without questioning status quo. what I enjoy is that everyone minds their own business.
Cons
I led small and large group activities, and implemented appropriate activities. Both experiences also provided me with extensive exposure to the implementation of developmentally appropriate activities and materials. I have leadership skills that came into play in developing others, so that they may be able to delegate effectively. I am able to get the balance right between challenge and support meaning I don’t do things for my subordinates but I coach them to do things for themselves.
Pros
Bonus and Medical aid
Cons
Long Hours
current employer is not suitable for someone the wishes to further his/her career and move up in the company. not all personnel are being treated fairly and most rules does not only apply to managers. do not get recognition for a great job done but get scored on the one thing you did wrong management breaking people self confidence and do not motivate to do better.
Pros
wine quota
Cons
possible shifts
A typical day at work would be the preparation of large volumes of products whilst production is busy running some of the prepared products. Each an every day is exciting and a learning day as you encounter new challenges everyday. Management is not that bad and they show professionalism and good leadership. The hardest part of the job is the long working hours and working public holidays and weekend.
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
You spend most of your time at work
Distell Group Limited is an excellent company with visions and changes that consider the well-being of their employees.
I have obtained a practical approach to problem solving, a motive and a drive in delivering quality results timeously and efficiently.
very hactic, long hours and too much pressure. I have learned that you need to treat your employees with respect and value their opinion. management most of them are incompetence and that result in poor decision making. the long hours you have to work without sitting down. the colleagues have a free spirit and very support and they are fun.
Pros
no reward
Cons
As Distell is the leading company that produce drinks "for everyone to enjoy at any occassion", it provides many opportunities for young ones to partake in. I commend the company for transformation. It is enjoyable to work for such company.
Pros
Free staff order allowance