Distell
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Distell Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

good I had a very good working relationship with both my peers & clients. a happy working environment. I really enjoyed the promotional aspect of my work @ distell. the working hours in promotions could be very long like the argus cycle tour where we had to set up from 4.30 to the end of the day as were certain golf days with early tee off times 6.00 in the morning till + - 9.00 that night.
A well organised company that has a passion for seeing its employees grow. They are happy to help wherever you need and understand that there are learning processes even for experience employees.
The company culture is very good. I had very great experiences with the company and also learned alot through the years. They give you great exposure to alot of information to build your career.
Plan activities for the day. Learn to work with people and meet new people. It is always satisfying when sales targets are met. You can work independently.
Pros
Medical aid and pension
Cons
Salary
AT Distell, your extra effort you put on your work get noticed by top management, reward structure ids good, company culture is great and the atmosphere is awesome.
Pros
Work hard
Cons
Dont be lazy
I'm very kind and honest person who's valued and can be trusted in everything by anyone. I'm flexible and liable to my work and hard working towards reaching my goals. I believe I can be successful in the future by learning more from other people and improving my skills and by having a positive attitude when working with other people. I also believe that through hard work I can reach my goals in life and create opportunities for my self and communities around me. I highly recommend myself to any challenge or task that I may come across because I'm capable of any situation with thoughtfulness and maturity.
Pros
Out going
Cons
I was groomed in liquor business and joining Distell was the best thing happened to me. Meeting my KPI's, dealing with customer complaints, Meeting my sales target, Being a team player and also being accountable by means of reporting accurately. Management was always open to new ideas but had to enforce and prevent staff from abusing company property such Vehicles, Promo stock, etc. The hard part was always increasing volumes which will affect customers profit margins, but that always went through a thorough negotiation. I enjoyed my weekends activation, I made a lot of business network from Customers, DJ's, Potential business, etc.
Pros
Mobile and sufficient support
Cons
Unable to rest due to always being vigilant
Great work opportunity. Thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The only negative is the lack of growth in the company that may lead most employees to seek growth else where.
Pros
Regular social meetings
Cons
Longs hours
I have learnt to be more self Driven, Taking ownership and accountability, team work. Good support from my line managers both Sales and Distribution. Excellent working relations with co-workers
Pros
Entertainment Allowance
Cons
Travelling/Long Hours
A lot of Administration & planning involved to ensure that implementation of cycles are met. You have to meet your deadlines. There isn't a set structure to adhere to for the typical work day. I most enjoyed the team effort & positive results at the end of each month when we did a review on the monthly sales. The hardest part of my job was that I could not use my own initiative. I worked with a fantastic team and we pulled together especially when needed.
Pros
Their Training is on point & always updated
Cons
You are restricted to use your own initiative
I enjoy what I'm doing but am now hungry for more challenges. My job is quite flexible as I do have time to study as well. The culture is quite good and management is there for all kinds of support. Job stability is good but I'm jut not too happy that it has taken me this long to be promoted yet I do get positive feedback from my line managers.
Cons
way too much admin thus cutting short my calling time. Distell has improved this situation though
  1. Sales Representative