DSV

DSV Employee Reviews

3,2Work-Life Balance

Showing all 1 748 reviews

Pressurized environment

Experience was great but their training is not up to date. Lot of work, e.g admin, raising claims and discounts, not enough time to go through your book to collect in between there is client meetings every month.

Great starting spot. Lack of advancement

I worked at dsv to get quality experience and make a decent check. It was OK, however there was a clear lack of advancement throughout the company. 15 years to move up one notch on the totem pole was the average. Employees hired from a seperate freight forward company had an average annual salary of 2x more than a new hire and it was extremely unfair.

Productive and bias

This job is bias , they do not treat all of their employees equally and they do not appreciate hard working people. The management is very unprofessional

Unless grandfathered in from acquisition

You will most likely be fired in 6 months. Not worth it. No matter how good the pay. Ask yourself this question? Was it worth selling your soul? Want expectations you can't realistically reach? Or on a team with a favored pet who cant be fired and shifts blame to you? I saw more new hires who didnt last 2 months. Training is awful. High expectations, managers mess with your files. Company is money hungry. More focused on buying smaller companies. And they add money to everything.

Pros

If you love false promises then apply

Cons

Inept management, high employee turn around

No fun

Leadership with no INTEGRITY, and when there's no one who's in authority who exercises that very important ingredient, it means that they have the wrong people running the establishment.

Decent work environment

Easy job, they replace a lot of their temporary workers for new workers so the turn over rate is very high. Leads don’t don’t how to communicate properly and manager will fire you for no reason or for engaging in ideas you think the company can prosper although they were open to it.

Training Needs Improvement

Manager trained me for one week before giving me too many accounts to handle. When I expressed my struggle and needing assistance, they were too busy.

Toxic Work Environment

Absolutely no work life balance. The workload is way over the top, and unsustainable. If you enjoy working minimum 14hrs a day and getting paid for 8hrs, then this is the job for you. They expect you to commence the role with no additional assistance, when other workers in other departments have minimal workload.The workplace culture is belittling and unprofessional. When the workload is questioned, the management’s response is “just do your best”, which is then frowned upon when the worker is unable to complete the excessive tasks within the workload. No backup plans from management for issues that arise.

Falta de apoyo para crecimiento

No hay oportunidad de crecimiento horizontal Muy rutinario Pagan por mes y el salario es bajo

Very racist company

They want new employees to lower there standards to their previous employees. Never had a company take money from employees to match others. Overall very horrible company to work for.

It’s a good entry job but the management will make you not want to stay

Pros - good pay, location, cafeteria + free subpar coffee, you can learn a lotCons - building can be freezing, favoritism, borderline harassment from management, micromanagement, weird “humor,” no inclusivity, a lot micro aggressions from management, have to come into the office.

I knew from day one it was not going to last

I am happy I lasted this long but from day one I knew I didn’t want to work at DSV forever! I got put into a group setting that nobody wanted to work as group. Working around people that constantly throw each other under bus makes the overall daily process harder than it needs to be. DSV fires people left and right. People come in and don’t last. It’s like I don’t know if tomorrow I’ll be next for whatever reason.

Okay place

Okay place if you make friends. Alot of new people hired are questionable… Cons they are against remote work not knowing that helps people balance work and life soo much more. Dsv is all about work and not much about personal life.

Grown men in their feelings

They won’t look you in your face , a lot of animosity between the supervisors. Brings negative energy into the work environment. You can see the supervisors use words as “homie” and “dawg” to feel themselves trying to get a point across . Like I said if your a women with a pretty face and a slim waist you might move up the ladder quicker then expected.

poor mgmt , fun job, learning experiene

great job for learning new things and figuring things out that will make you an sset if you wish to stay in the industry but top mgmt is too detached from operational day-to-day to understand root issues. MGMT is inadequate and there is no training system in place for new-comers which is hard on existing employees who are already inundated with work, they also have to figure out a way to train new ppl since there is no person or system in place to have this done. Pay is mediocre and what team you are placed in determines if you will have an excessively hard time here or smooth sailing. Certain teams are come in - do 8 hrs - go home. Certain teams you are first to come and last to leave and have to work weekends just to get caught up. Why the discrepancy in work load? Upper mgmt does poor job at assessing requirements of each team, bottle necks, constraints with current systems, and there is little incentive for good workers to stay

Pros

free breakfast if u work weekends

Cons

poor mgmt, inadequate employee assesment, uneven workloads, poor work life balance

Easy work, lots of drama, politics

it's easy work, pay is on the low side compared to others, $14.66 no raises in sight. 12/hr shifts, 3 on 3 off, team leaders an management are drama city! Point system isn't to bad. Fast pace environment, always changing rules depending on moods.

Schlechter Eindruck

Der typische Arbeitstag ist sehr stressig, allem muss man hinterher rennen. Schlechte Organisation. Neue Aufgaben werden mangelhaft oder gar nicht erklärt, man wird einfach ins kalte Wasser geworfen. Die Verständigung ist sehr schlecht, die meisten Mitarbeiter verstehen kein Deutsch. Englisch, Polnisch, Litauisch ist die Betriebssprache.Das Unternehmen ist sehr Auftrags orientiert, alles andere bleibt liegen. Die Geschäftsleitung schaut auf einen herab, nur die A-kriecher werden angesehen, gefördert und befördert. Das Büropersonal ist auch etwas besseres als der MA im Lager.Betriebsrat ist immer auf Seite der Geschäftsleitung, jede Diskussion wird gleich unterdrückt. Meiner Meinung nach laufen die Betriebsratswahlen nicht korrekt ab.Ich bin in letzter Zeit sehr unzufrieden und kann bei besten Willen nichts Gutes berichten.

Pros

kostenloses Obst und Sprudelwasser, vergünstigter Kaffee und Mittagessen

Cons

kein Weihnachtsgeld, Urlaubsgeld und Prämien gibt es auch nicht.

Shambles

How this company survives is beyond me.CONSTANT staff turnover (all new hires are agency staff) It’s literally, if you’re remotely competent at your job you’ll be expected to do every role in the warehouse. I spent forever training new starters which gets very boring very quickly. There was a lot of downtime which can be frustrating especially if your on the morning shift at 6am and don’t get work till 9am. Most of the staff are cool and have been there a very long time. But that also means there is a lot of politics too. No paid breaks The warehouse is modern and clean which is a plus and fairly easy to get to. I personally couldn’t see a long term future here

People are what make it.

Nice modern office. Friendly people.Not a lot of support from higher up management.Next to no benefits.Salary poor.No flexibility to WFH.Clicky in certain depts

Stressful

Stressful, late hours, unrealistic targets when it is busy. Nice team leaders and some of managers. Physical work. hard work, lots of walking if you are doing picking.

Terrible company

Don’t waste your time here Management is terrible Always quick to place blame They do not pay the billls to vendorServices are cut off trash, internet , electricity etc. Management downgrades employees And they are never around when needed Always avoids the issues Site manger is non existent

Pros

None to share

Cons

Terrible place don’t waste your time You will regret it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSV. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 748 reviews

3,2 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,2 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,0 out of 5 stars for Management
3,2 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • DSV
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?