DSV Employee Reviews in Centurion, Gauteng

Centurion, Gauteng29 reviews
The service was good
It values their clients and make sure that their clients comes first. The promise they make they fulfill it that the clients received their deliveries on time and In good condition.
5,0
The environment is good and open for growth
Dsv is a great company where they don't close down on employees and all employees growth within the company by not Letting them stick just what they came to do.
Productive and team work
The work environment is very good and management and team were supportive.The workplace is very conducive and enjoyable.Time pressure on despatching.
4,0
I do enjoy to work with them I don't have any problem with them is just a temporary job
Dsv is not bad company but the work at were house was very slowly, To load the truck an when you finishing loading the paper work take year to be sorted.
3,0
Dsv it a good company and it is on number 4 on top 5 in the whole world of treating there clients in good behavior they make sure the clients are happ
Working with dsv it was very good with culture, benefits and everything but I was not happy working this the clients of dsv which is vwsa because the is a discrimination and apartheid between those two companies they don't treat us equally also including our side management of dsv he was also have an apartheid with workers. Workers was not happy at all about the treatment of our management.
5,0
A company is really good taking care of there are costumes delivered in time and the wakers are really friendly and clean they have a slim every time they call you
Rewarding and Demanding
A typical day at work was always challenging i learned to be to manage people snd task effectivly and also learned to push back. The hardest psrt of my job was to dismiss colleagues.
Pros
Always willing to assist with improving your career
Cons
Demanding and long hours
Very Productive and fun workplace
I really enjoyed the friendly, fun, yet very focused culture during my short time there. As a student engineer, the team took me in and made an effort to help develop me.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DSV?
4,0
Good and best place to work at.
DSV is a good working place that I enjoyed working for, but unfortunately I was under the contract. But the management and the staff were good people to work with. I wish I could go back again
Pros
Free transport when its overtime
Cons
Short break
4,0
Well mannered place to be.
To find the route is full of parcels and to be given other parcels which are out off the route.And what i have learned, is to learn how you work under pressure. And the most thing that is important is TIME. The workplace is totally comfortable and easy to work at. My hardest part was time , cause sometimes time its a most saddest thing. But at the end everything is been done well and no complain from the customers and the management. The enjoyable part is to be rewarded with the job that you were giving yourself into.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Normal hours
Fun working place
When working for Dsv you must be someone who value customer relations and always pay attention to detail on what you do always make sure service is delivered to clients.
Pros
Weekend off
Cons
Less salary
Fun workplace
I have learnt a whole about customer service and the importance of time. The work dealt with drivers, vehicles management, stock control it was a great learning experience.
2,0
productive
the manager was very hard to please. but overall, the experience was great. clock in in the morning, log on your system and start taking calls. supervisor was amazing and his willingness to assist any given time was excellent. team leaders did their work good. the best part of my job was knowing I went over and above every single day to assist every single caller who needed my help and being told that I am doing a great job.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no permanancy
1,0
Productive and great start for new jo
I enjoyed working for DStv and I worked for the company for long hoping to growth within the company. The work increased but the salary remained the same and my responsibilities grew. No opportunity for growth and favoritism played a part in me leaving due to unfairness.
Pros
Work 1 saturday in a month
Cons
No opportunity for growth
my experince at dsv
dsv is a very good company, on the 07/06/2017 my team and I mistakenly sent a shipment Swaziland which was meant for Namibia the truck was stuck at Swaziland border due to incorrect paperwork and delayed the other parcels from other clients,

I have that I should pay attention to detail and verify each and every parcel on the day be it local or international and that the company looses a lot of money as the client is not liable for the cost incurred by the company for the misdirects,

the management is good and they give us the chance express ourselves and learn more about logistics,

I enjoy working with these guys because they are hard working and open for suggestions and list6ens to us all times .
5,0
First we use to start by having meetings about the previous day(s) and on we would be on that day
I've learned to be effective and respect my job my colleagues

The management was very good they wanted everyone to be on point and to work as a team
productive
Daily process of claims,payments,update credit limits,update customer info,reconciliation of accounts,Telephone queries from customers and supporting sales reps.helpother regions with queries.list with extra requirements from customers,eg send statements out on excel,attached POD to invoices.
Pros
secure job
Cons
systems not working
International Exposure + Project Success
Strategic involved and assisted in taking DSV to the next level.

Worked on pipeline, Strategic and operational projects in getting the business stable and more competitive.
Pros
International exposure
Cons
Restructuring
Challenging
Challenging, each day is different.
Balancing life and work.

System problems.

Offices are re-locating.

Frequent courses and training.

On line training if you want to do it.

Very strict culture.

Full debtors functions are being taken away.
Cons
Offices are re-locating
4,0
Productive and workable workplace.
. I enjoy very much working working under this company, where even if come to work having a little tension, some client indeed will make your day even better.

. The hardest part of this job is when i have to solve other people's queries, of which i enjoy very much talking with client given them the service they deserve.

.I am working with kind very reliable co-worker, i say that because we do help each other in different ways, they are not selective, we are a great team.

.What i have learned in this organisation is working with different people and tribes, like i turned to know other people's cultures and they way they live.
Pros
Sometimes i have an arguments with the guys who order and issue the stationery, because they order less stock to save costs.
Cons
Dfficulties in managing people from various background.
3,0
Clients can be so rude when you will be talking to them over the phone.

Clients can deny giving you the full details pertaining to their parcels that would have been delayed.

Credit controllers can delay to email correct account numbers to transfer clients invoices for re-invoicing to the correct accounts such that month ends will be so busy.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours unpaid overtimes