DSV Employee Reviews in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape

Hectic and fast paced needs constration and pay attention to details as well taking good care of company truck.responsible for any damages on truck and loads.
Dsv is logistic company, you can develop yourself in many ways. It has good policies that protects its employees. It also has a training center for its employees
Pros
Skills development.
Cons
Nepotism..
Its fun and lot if work required but good experience, fun people with lot of experience, lot of opportunities to learn, only if they can improve in wages
Pros
Free lunch and bonuses
Cons
Long hours and overtime
I enjoy doing my work but I feel as though there is not enough room for me to grow within the business. I have learnt a lot in teamwork and communication.
Working for DSV have been the great work experience and I have learnt a lot . I have been given a chance to attend Administration classes and given a chance to apply what I have learnt from the training in the workplace
Pros
Get a chance to work on your own
Cons
Very busy work enviroment with friendly staff.we always have to ensure the production line has enough kits to build for their schedule.we should never cause a line stoppage.
Pros
we dont work weekends
Cons
long ours
Management does not help when they are needed. They show up when things have already gone wrong and they blame you. Infornt of the client. The clients are rude and disrespectful. You are not a person to them. Management tells you there is nothing they can do about it and you must just. But the minute you blow up management blames you.. sorry
Pros
FREE Alcohol once ever term
Cons
long hours, rude clients, no support from management, low salary
I'm currently in operations / Admin as well Safety. I'm heavily involved in all audits internal / external - Operation & Safety DSV has a good stable company to work for with great work ethic.
I learned how to operate at an office space, fun, hardworking and diligent work. Our bosses assisted on our work. As hard as it was, maybe my team and I made it till the end.
Pros
Learning new work on the system
Cons
Lots of work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DSV?
Loved my job as DSV Air and Sea, great company to work for and so much to learn. Management is always willing to listen to the employees suggestions and assist where possible
Every day is a new start because you have to be positive and take challenges as it comes. Some days absentees are high then you have to think on your feet to keep the production flow and not to cause line stoppages.
Pros
You learn alot from your colleges
Cons
You are in a dead end street with no advancement
Productive and fruitfull. Have learned how to be a leader for people of different races and culters in the work force. Great on managing the company. Great team members who do as there leader says, they also have an input on how we can improve the production. Its when the guys have supplied wrong parts for production and i have to have answers for what happened, and must explain to the client whta actually happened, not forgetting the part of giving an employee a discipline. Ending the shift with no line stoppages or issues which arise on the workforce.
Pros
having braais every month for team building
Cons
long hours, no transport issued by the company on a night shift
For the past three years I have worked as an administrative clerk at a busy logistics company called UTI Mounties Division, where I have developed my freight forwarding and administrative service skills. Although I have greatly enjoyed this role, I am looking for a new challenge that will provide me with the opportunity to further develop my ambitious career. A typical day day at work will be with clients quering their parcels and expecting to be deliverd with immediate effect, as an employee one should make sure that clients parcels should be deliverd on time effectively and efficiently.
Pros
staff wellness
Cons
no team buildings
My day are always good because have the most nice , and easy to getalong co-workers . I always learn new things since my mentor trys to expose me to every part of the business . Management are the best because is my mentor and anything at my interest hardest part or let me say stressful part of the job is sometimes not knowing whats expected of me or not fully undertsanding the work I have been given . When we as workers have nice chats and braai's to not break the bond and when we have achieved projects that is a great feeling to us as workers that our efforts are appreciated.
Pros
going out for lunches ana making braai's
Cons
long hours and loads of work
Hardwork, dedication and commitment is rewarded. My experience and skills are all thanks to the opportunities I've been afforded at the company. A typical day at the office is as any other management position where people are being held accountable for their performance, every opportunity is one of mentoring those who shows potential for development. The hardest part of the job is rising above typical challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job is the reward in rising above the challenges and seeing teams take ownership of their areas.
Pros
performance bonus
Cons
* to prevent line stoppage* do it right first time* work as a team to create production* one mistake you create cause line stoppage* to save for the Company
Pros
n/a
Cons
overtime
At UTi mounties the focus is mainly on operations. Not much focus is on cultural or social activities. Its a day to day routine. You come in to work for 9 and a half hours then go home. Either in shifts or straight day shifts. earliest shift starts at 5am and latest ends at 8:30.
  1. Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape