DSV

DSV Employee Reviews in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape

Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape17 reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,687 reviews

Good

Hectic and fast paced needs constration and pay attention to details as well taking good care of company truck.responsible for any damages on truck and loads.

Dsv is a good company to work for, but depending on who is your GM/MD, and what culture are they driving

Dsv is logistic company, you can develop yourself in many ways. It has good policies that protects its employees. It also has a training center for its employees

Pros

Skills development.

Cons

Nepotism..

Productive and tough

Its fun and lot if work required but good experience, fun people with lot of experience, lot of opportunities to learn, only if they can improve in wages

Pros

Free lunch and bonuses

Cons

Long hours and overtime

Work is do able

I enjoy doing my work but I feel as though there is not enough room for me to grow within the business. I have learnt a lot in teamwork and communication.

Productive and friendly workplace

Working for DSV have been the great work experience and I have learnt a lot . I have been given a chance to attend Administration classes and given a chance to apply what I have learnt from the training in the workplace

Pros

Get a chance to work on your own

productive workplace

Very busy work enviroment with friendly staff.we always have to ensure the production line has enough kits to build for their schedule.we should never cause a line stoppage.

Pros

we dont work weekends

Cons

long ours

No support from management

Management does not help when they are needed. They show up when things have already gone wrong and they blame you. Infornt of the client. The clients are rude and disrespectful. You are not a person to them. Management tells you there is nothing they can do about it and you must just. But the minute you blow up management blames you.. sorry

Pros

FREE Alcohol once ever term

Cons

long hours, rude clients, no support from management, low salary

Global supplier of transport and logistics services.

I'm currently in operations / Admin as well Safety. I'm heavily involved in all audits internal / external - Operation & Safety DSV has a good stable company to work for with great work ethic.

Fun, hardworking place

I learned how to operate at an office space, fun, hardworking and diligent work. Our bosses assisted on our work. As hard as it was, maybe my team and I made it till the end.

Pros

Learning new work on the system

Cons

Lots of work

Productive and fun workplace

Loved my job as DSV Air and Sea, great company to work for and so much to learn. Management is always willing to listen to the employees suggestions and assist where possible

It keeps me busy while i am searching for something better

Every day is a new start because you have to be positive and take challenges as it comes. Some days absentees are high then you have to think on your feet to keep the production flow and not to cause line stoppages.

Pros

You learn alot from your colleges

Cons

You are in a dead end street with no advancement

productive, skills developments are available, positive minded staff

Productive and fruitfull. Have learned how to be a leader for people of different races and culters in the work force. Great on managing the company. Great team members who do as there leader says, they also have an input on how we can improve the production. Its when the guys have supplied wrong parts for production and i have to have answers for what happened, and must explain to the client whta actually happened, not forgetting the part of giving an employee a discipline. Ending the shift with no line stoppages or issues which arise on the workforce.

Pros

having braais every month for team building

Cons

long hours, no transport issued by the company on a night shift

team spirit

For the past three years I have worked as an administrative clerk at a busy logistics company called UTI Mounties Division, where I have developed my freight forwarding and administrative service skills. Although I have greatly enjoyed this role, I am looking for a new challenge that will provide me with the opportunity to further develop my ambitious career. A typical day day at work will be with clients quering their parcels and expecting to be deliverd with immediate effect, as an employee one should make sure that clients parcels should be deliverd on time effectively and efficiently.

Pros

staff wellness

Cons

no team buildings

Fun and stresses in the work environment

My day are always good because have the most nice , and easy to getalong co-workers . I always learn new things since my mentor trys to expose me to every part of the business . Management are the best because is my mentor and anything at my interest hardest part or let me say stressful part of the job is sometimes not knowing whats expected of me or not fully undertsanding the work I have been given . When we as workers have nice chats and braai's to not break the bond and when we have achieved projects that is a great feeling to us as workers that our efforts are appreciated.

Pros

going out for lunches ana making braai's

Cons

long hours and loads of work

Challenging

Hardwork, dedication and commitment is rewarded. My experience and skills are all thanks to the opportunities I've been afforded at the company. A typical day at the office is as any other management position where people are being held accountable for their performance, every opportunity is one of mentoring those who shows potential for development. The hardest part of the job is rising above typical challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job is the reward in rising above the challenges and seeing teams take ownership of their areas.

Pros

performance bonus

To prevent line stoppage

* to prevent line stoppage* do it right first time* work as a team to create production* one mistake you create cause line stoppage* to save for the Company

Pros

n/a

Cons

overtime

productive

At UTi mounties the focus is mainly on operations. Not much focus is on cultural or social activities. Its a day to day routine. You come in to work for 9 and a half hours then go home. Either in shifts or straight day shifts. earliest shift starts at 5am and latest ends at 8:30.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DSV. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• DSV
  • Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?