DSV Employee Reviews for Clerk

I injoyed working there, it really was a peaceful place to work at, relationship between core workers its perfect, managers are okay, payment are made on time
The management of DSV Solution especially Supervisors and team leaders,they must work together as a team with the employees. Treat all employees equal
Would recommend others to apply for job opportunities. I would also like to thank dsv for the opportunity of working and studying via their company. It was my first experience in the outdoor world as well as my first work experience.
I worked mainly with all the intercompany accounts. I raelly enjoyed liaising with all our overseas colleagues. I loved my job at DSV. DSV has a young dinamic team. Learned to work on SAP accounting system.
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
At month end long hours is expected.
A typical day here require you to do as many Import and Export Invoices as is possible. Management have a lot of people they need to keep an eye on and it is a very busy office.
Pros
Lots of parties
Cons
End of Contract
. I enjoy very much working working under this company, where even if come to work having a little tension, some client indeed will make your day even better. . The hardest part of this job is when i have to solve other people's queries, of which i enjoy very much talking with client given them the service they deserve. .I am working with kind very reliable co-worker, i say that because we do help each other in different ways, they are not selective, we are a great team. .What i have learned in this organisation is working with different people and tribes, like i turned to know other people's cultures and they way they live.
Pros
Sometimes i have an arguments with the guys who order and issue the stationery, because they order less stock to save costs.
Cons
Dfficulties in managing people from various background.
Clients can be so rude when you will be talking to them over the phone. Clients can deny giving you the full details pertaining to their parcels that would have been delayed. Credit controllers can delay to email correct account numbers to transfer clients invoices for re-invoicing to the correct accounts such that month ends will be so busy.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours unpaid overtimes
Very busy site ,Dealing with clients, Good management, Disciplined co-workers, redirecting a lost parcel, capturing
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Stable company They assisted with the learnership and employment I would work for them anytime a job comes up. I learnt discipline and time management. My co-workers were also in the learnership programme and I met others when I was employed as a waybill clerk. The hardest part of the job was the fact that I could not get a job in line with my UJ University qualifications. I was always told that you start low and stand a chance for better opportunities . That was not the case with me. I got too excited earning a salary and made decisions that I regret. I am more matured now and desperately looking for a permanent job and willing to take a job in any branch.
Pros
Cant say much as I was on a learnership and short employment
Cons
Cant say much as I was on a learnership and short employment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DSV?
It is a great environment to work in. It is very client focused and based on delivery of good quality work to clients.
Working hours and stuff were good. Except angry customers there were not much challenges. The work was most challenging as you had to meet clients and customer needs but it was fun and enjoyable. Management and stuff were great as they all had respects for our different culture, relegion and believes. They were none sexiest nor racist.
During my time at UTI, I was exposed to lots exposure as a data capturer, picker, stock controller, waybill clerk and warehousing. My length of career there was not that long as I was on a learnership programme and a temporal contract that subsequently expired. I had a good work relationship with my colleagues and managers. I always assisted in December when there was shortage with permanent staff going on leave. I have been without a job for a year now post graduation and it is so heartbreaking to see my mom struggling to make ends meet when she put her financial efforts to give the best education that other kids are not fortunate to have.
Cons
sometimes it get way to busy and im by myself with no one to help me but i just take a deep breath and concentrate on making the best out of the worst day at work. i have learned team work and working under pressure management is very understanding and helpful at times me and my collegues work very nicely together because every one just wants to get the work donen having to capture 100 addresses at 15h00 and in an hours time is end of business finishing off in time and liasing with understanding clients
Pros
on friday we knock off and hour earlier than normal
Cons
parking harvy boxes
I did enjoy working at UTI and i learned how to use a computer and makes lots of frients around South Africa. The hardest part of my job was around 5:00 where i have more invoices. But the managements do'nt want tob pay as well, I was getting R650.00 a week.