DVT Employee Reviews

South Africa12 reviews
4,0
I got to learn and grow in a field I was foreign in. Those that worked with me and I worked with were patient and taught me to be patient as well.I enjoyed my time there.
3,0
As consultant, I am based at a client site. Every client has different ways of working. As service provider, adjustment needs to happen fast. Adapting is challenge but satisfactory
Pros
Flexi hours
3,0
As a Contractor, I was based at a client, with little interaction with the DVT Managers. I received 50% discount training, without getting paid for days on training. Contractors to give 4 hours a month for free to attend information session far from the client's premises, which means up to 6 hours lost for a day.
3,0
It is a great company as a start or kick off
Big advantage is having to be able to work for different clients; meaning experience enhancement comes in handy
5,0
I had a position as a test analyst, Gain exposure and experience in the API testing, Web Services, Restful/Soap web services, Jira
Creation of test Cases, Execution of Test Cases

Swagger UI

Lovely interactive working environment, got all the help and assistance needed to accomplish tasks , Followed the Agile Scum Methodology
4,0
I truly enjoyed my time working at DVT. Management recognised my leadership skills and passion for business analysis and gave me the opportunity to do both.
Pros
Flexi hours
3,0
helps improve knowledge and experience, gain confidence,manage to work individually in groups
Enjoy testing using different platforms: mobile and web.
5,0
I relocated from Johannesburg to Cape Town, DVT paved the road for an easy transition. From the first point of contact up until today, I've had no issues at all. Management is very open and welcoming.
Pros
Growth, exposure to different clients, inhouse training.
3,0
It is a very demanding and focused environment to work in. It is rewarding as well. The management policies are lenient and free ranged to let you use your initiative .
Pros
diverse
Cons
lack of security
4,0
I was placed at Vodacom and ABSA in a contracting role. Both clients provided a supportive and stimulating work environment. Vodacom offered BAU ongoing releases into online production environment. It was very fast paces with extremely long hours. ABSA projects were challenging as often IT and business priories were not aligned. Many contractors and full time employees on the bench; Not enough work; Vodacom required that I work excessively long hours every second Tuesday
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Long hours; erratic work
4,0
Great structure for contracting personnel.
Training available

Monthly catch up's

Taxes payed directly

Payroll online

Quick to replace contracts when required.

Well connected in large companies

JHB and CT based
Pros
Good relations with staff, Payroll effective and timeous
3,0
DVT is a fantastic company to work for, particularly for those starting out (as was my experience). There is a lot of place to move and to find one's feet in the IT industry. Any exposure one wishes to get, one will gain by interacting and engaging with management. Management will try as far as possible to allow the exposure for purposes of gaining experience. The people that work here are approachable and assisting, but one does need to pull one's own weight.

I learned at DVT that the IT industry is constantly fluctuating with it's needs and that there is always room to learn more.