Ecolab

Ecolab Employee Reviews

Found 40 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,162 reviews

Production and fun workplace, with more enough room to learn if one is willing to do so.

Thinking out of the box and on your feet is vital, teamwork is crucial and management is readily available to assist and advise you, overall great company learn for young individuals. Well rounded global workplace culture.

6 May 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback.

Overall a good place to work

Overall a good place to work and would recommend it to anyone looking to get a start in pet control and hygiene practices. My experience is of their operations in South Africa.

22 April 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback.

Fun workplace but not many opportunities for growth

Ecolab is a great global company but so far behind in terms of technology. Workplace is great and the management is okay but nothing is much done to nature talent or help existing staff to grow in their careers

22 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Your work is important to us and we appreciate your ongoing impact and willingness to take on meaningful challenges. We strive to provide technology that meets the needs of our associates and customers. We also value and support career development for all associates, and we provide a variety of programs and trainings to support associate development. Please consider reaching out to your manager or HR partner to discuss your concerns.

Difficult managers

Some of the managers where very rough, and did not treat people fairly. They would not worry about what challenges you meet in the field and did not want us to get training on certain products and laundry machines. They would hide information from Technician.

18 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Please know we are committed to encouraging a fulfilling and meaningful career for our employees. We understand the important role that managers play in the employee experience, and we’re actively working to expand our manager training.

Exceptional work enviroment

Employees are provided with the right tools to carry out theri task/duties. Eacn employee has full accountability with no micro-management from top managers.

A need to sensitize the staff to better productivity

typical day at work,very complex structure, and one can only get along if you have experience. what I have learned, perhaps the must have SOP set in place to simplify the working process to have better interdepartmental liaison Management, expect you to come up with efficient processes Culture, staff moral stagnant, and if you do not fit in the group, you will struggle to meet your set objectives. Support based on a groupie Hard part of my job, contingency plans are not followed to mitigate service level deviations enjoyable part, have skills that keeps me on top of the game, thus minimize being shun

Very stressful work environment

Management is filters lots of pressure down to the sales team. The salary and benefits and is ok. A very stressful environment with huge pressure. High staff turnover.

Productive but not really fun work place

The management needs to work well with thier team, be honest to the people who leave thier family before sunrise and only after sunset. to spend all day don't take lunch break because of the work load that needs to done closing date and the short of staff. Workers needs to be compensated for the time they sacrifice to help the company. Thank you

Good environment to work in. Dedication and loyalty is of utmost importance.

Punctuality was a priority. That is a clear reflection of your character. Dealing with major companies was a challenge but I overcame them. Management was strict, which was acceptable. A very high benchmark was set. That was also good, because one had to reach for those goals. Excellent work culture. Team work was good.Weekend away at year end.

More work and less recognition .

There is no work but less benefits and less appreciation, there are limited career opportunities and no growth opportunities.The compensation compared the work does not match .

Ecolab SA not a good company.

The problem with the organisation is management, where by most of the the critical issues raised by the employees are treated with less priority. Salary is not scaled well. you will find people with same experince and qualifications earning different incomes under the same management. the is a lot of racial tensions which the Hr fails to tackle. Overall the organisation is fine if it happen you land in a good managers hands.

Cons

Work over load

Very employee focused

Not many companies can boast about it, nut Ecolab looks after their colleagues . I would recommend Ecolab everytime to anyone 24/7 365 100 percent......

Pros

Top benefit

Poor management

They have a lack of leadership and rewarding towards their hard working staff on ground level. You work hard and smart but they show no interest in growing you as a foot soldier of the company.

Pros

Cons

Healthcare and pension benefits

Ecolob expand employees into more great things like cost of living was at my peak when I was working at ecolab

Ecolob give employees equal rights,, fair salary and wages I was amazed to find out I'll be even receiving transport allowance fee on top of my basic salary I was honored.

Pros

Free tea, coffee and a lunch box with 1liter cold drink when we working overtime

Cons

Shorts breaks occur 10:00 and health care with safety tutorials are held

Great Place to be and Enjoyable work place

Education system is Well and gives you full description to understand your work and have more knowledge on Pest side,and also give you opportunity on knowing how to interact with Clients

Pros

1one a day

Cons

overtime

Good company name

It is a good company to work with. I enjoyed my time there for 10 years. I worked as a Sales Executive . Initially I worked the North Coast area then the areas were open.

Rigid with little flexibility

I am working for Nalco which was bought by ECOLAB however the companies exist independent of each other The cultures are very different. Nalco motivates and encourages its employees to be at their best while Ecolab forces employees to be at their best by using certain methods that leaves an employee with no option but to do what is expected of them.

Pros

Cons

Rigid

Productive and Socially / Environmentally aware workforce

Ecolab is a safety conscious company for its employees and clients. It has multiple departments that work effectively together as one. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment with the great support structure of coworkers. It provides different challenges everyday, thus there is never a dull moment.

Pros

Great Benefits and has different Charity projects

Ecolab internationally acclaimed

Ecolab is an international company the deals in for instance pest control. They work in teams to do the debt controlling as well as the logistics of getting the chemicals at the correct venues. The team work among the employees is of outstanding caliber and each one know exactly what is expected of one.

Pros

PAYE done by company

Cons

Good company to work for

good company to work for, fun people, very goal and target driven enviroment. Plant safety a big priority. Management styles however very poor, not much support to accociates, no proper systems in place.

Save and fun workplace

You are totally in control of your own route. Enough time to finish your work and spend quality time time on customer ‘s premisses.Work from home and only come to office for meetings or to collect stock and required documents

Pros

13th cheque

Cons

Dont get paid driving time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ecolab. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ecolab
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?