Ecolab
Information from Ecolab:

Ecolab Employee Reviews

South Africa40 reviews
4,0
Thinking out of the box and on your feet is vital, teamwork is crucial and management is readily available to assist and advise you, overall great company learn for young individuals. Well rounded global workplace culture.
Official response from Ecolab
6 May 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback.
3,0
Globally Ecolab is thee company to work for but locally in south Africa no as they do not have a salary structure and proper management structure ,the are no internal promotions just new hires from outside the company.
3,0
Good Job Culture. Limited Job growth in CT branch. Currently there is no stability in the CT branch. Good company benifits is received. 13th cheque also given
productive work environment.
no processes is the hardest part

typical day at work involves dealing with queries, researching country guidelines, putting processes in place, attending to internal and external customers.
3,0
I enjoyed one on one sections with line manger, hours were great and work place was safe to work. Although the were no new opportunities and benefits were for some depending if the management likes you or not. I loved working with my team members except for one who was rude.
Pros
free team lunch depending on team leader
Cons
hours were great
5,0
Ecolab is a multifaceted chemical company that allows individuals to extend their knowledge on how the company operates in all its discipline. The give you understanding of how ecolab plants differ from country to country with the same culture.
Pros
unlimited learning
Cons
low chances of permanent employment
5,0
Always excited to be at work .. Visiting new places and exploring different places .. Meeting knew people. Doing the job right and experiencing new chemicals.. Love working for Ecolab .
Pros
Company vehicles, company uniforms and iPads .
Cons
Traveling far distance from families .
5,0
Capturing invoices and matching them to purchase orders. Reconciliations and doing foreign creditors, taking out BoP Form from the bank.
5,0
In this industry there are many different sectors of pest control, everyday is a new challenge , you get to meet new people everyday,there are challenging days were you would need assistance from your team and everybody are team players always willing to assist each other, I am a certified pest control operator with certification, being 12 years in this industry I'm looking for change to better my self and family given the opportunity I know I would excel with the task given to me .
Pros
Most of my accounts are food accounts so we found get to taste a lot of new things that comes out.
Cons
There are some days that we have to work till late and even weekends so that our work is completed.
3,0
Great exposure to water chemistry and chemicals. I treat washout systems for paint over spray in water. It is physically demanding and one has to understand the systems and the effects of each chemical on the water.
It is challenging in that we are a small team, individual accountability is expected at all times and awareness.
Pros
overtime for weekend work
Cons
not a permanent position
5,0
International company from the USA, great culture. Fun to work there. I was responsible for developing new business or sales and maintaining existing client base in gauteng north as well as limpopo province.
Pros
Subsidized lunch
Cons
Flexible working hours
4,0
Clean water,energy and hygiene supplied to people is always a reason to enjoy the effort put into your work. Leading a team of people from various cultures and all ages can be challenging but yet very rewarding as you achieve as a team. Improvements are an ongoing learning experience for all to be involved with, thus making a stronger team in the long term.
Pros
providing the basics of life to the public
4,0
Maintenance and optimization of on-site Ecolab equipment in the food and beverage industry, including troubleshooting, safety and product application studies. Extensive packaging experience including chain lubrication systems and bottle washing systems.
5,0
Great learning opportunites, HR systems is on point, Offices are very user friendly as well as IT systems.
Activites with staff as in team building and working together going further.

Creditation for good workers
5,0
Great company. learning extensively. very supportive. opportunites to grow individually
One of many global leaders in the industry
3,0
working at Parmalat ive also learn a lot, how to check stock,, off load stock, how to do stock count, management was average, i love working at Parmalat the guys normally made me feel welcom seeing that we were only 3 ladies working in the Warehouse with guys,
Pros
work at you own space
Cons
hours was not long
2,0
Good benefits and salary.

Good team of people to work with.

Exciting job, meeting new people daily.

Good quality products.

products cost more, but work well.
Pros
Discounts on household products
Cons
n/a
3,0
As I wasn't permanent I can't comment on much. While I was there I enjoyed my job and kept busy. The employees and management was pleasant
4,0
Daily...Liaise with clients, completing of daily worksheets,
Visually inspecting and treating for pest, pest harbourage, and pest entries, Building and maintaining good customer relations, Taking personal initiative and responsibility for correcting pest problems,

Maintaining high service standards at all accounts, Participation in group meetings and account reviews, Completion of independent and group on-going training, Responsible for the day to day operation of a pest control route.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Standby hours
3,0
My colleagues were very friendly and easy to get along with. Management had an open door policy, which made bringing matters to their attention when necessary very easy. I learned about the food and beverage industry and what Ecolab has to offer the world. The hardest part of my job was sometimes having to say "No". I enjoyed booking travel and accommodation and being able to train staff on a new system that was introduced. A project that was mine from the beginning of the introduction process.
Pros
Less working hours on Friday's
Cons
Poor salary and little to no recognitiion for outstanding performance